Total Votes:[ 1304 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 142 143 144 > >> >>> »|

8,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
User Image

Currently complete up to: Page 132

Two things! This guide MAY contain spoilers, so read at you own risk. Secondly, please note that this guide is still under construction. Obviously, new references will always be found, so post away about those, but issues such as bad explanations are just me working slowly

Loot section coming when I get round to it!

Welcome to my guide to the many references that appear in zOMG!

Obviously, I don't know everything, so any references you've noticed that I haven't, tell me about! just post in the thread, and I'll see it eventually. Please don't PM me about it.
I'd like to humbly request that you read from the page above onwards before posting references though. Someone might've suggested it already, but I haven't got around to adding it wink

8,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
User Image

Player
Thanks, Frank. Have ring, will travel, eh?

A reference to the old TV Western, Have Gun - Will Travel
[Wikipedia]

User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image The multiple eyed fish in the Sewers bears a resemblance to Blinky from the Simpsons
[Wikipedia

User Image

InfoBox
Peelungers iz dumb

Maybe a reference to Cars, in which Mater says something along the lines of "Tracters is dumb"
[Wikipedia]

User Image

User Image

Quote:
Gaian About Town

Maybe a reference to Man About Town, the movie?
[Wikipedia]

User Image

User Image
Visually, the airship used in the April Fools event resembles the airships from Skies of Arcadia. There's also a lot of similarities between the false loading screen from the event a certain piece of Skies of Arcadia artwork.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Anniedroid
Listen bede-bede-bede-bub. Your stress levels register as cautionary. Please be calm.

A reference to the robot Twiki from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
[Wikipedia]

Anniedroid
My crew consists of Dave and Frank. Have you seen them?

A reference to the crew of Discovery One in 2001: A Space Odyssey
[Wikipedia]

Anniedroid
Shall we play a game?

And another. I'm slightly scared of her now. Maybe a reference to 2001
[Wikipedia]

Or possibly to WarGames, in which the computer asks this question
[Wikipedia]

Anniedroid
...no. However, that would be...unfortunate. Perhaps my ghost has been hacked.

"From 'Ghost in the Shell' Baby (awwww yeaaaaaa)" I think magikman79's description is much better than anything I could think of. But edited slightly due to complaints. rolleyes
[Wikipedia]

Anniedroid
Negative. Not the Zurg. The message I received was garbled, but it started 'Klaatu Bar...' The transmission was lost thereafter.

Klaatu Barada Nikto!
[Wikipedia]

Anniedroid
Danger! Danger! Danger, Player!

A reference to "Danger! Danger! Danger, Will Robinson!" from Lost in Space
[Wikipedia]

Anniedroid
Loading... Please wait...

Seems to be a shoutout to loading screens in general
[Wikipedia]

Anniedroid
My call letters are AN-DR-OID-182

This seems to be a reference to call signs.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
Come Fly With Me

The name of the April Fool's '09 quest seems to be a reference to the popular song
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Aquatic Pete
So if I promise to scrape the barnacles off their ship, do you think the Pirates of the Shallow Sea would take me onto their crew?

Pirates of the Caribbean. This pops up again in the Boardwalk.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Dusty
I'm an evil monster! Booga, booga, booga! Gabba gabba hey! AAAAAaaaaa! Flee from me!

The 'Gabba gabba hey!' is a reference to the catchphrase associated with the Ramones
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
George and Martha

These two guards by the gate to Zen gardens are probably a reference to the book and tv series George and Martha
[Wikipedia]

User Image

John
LEON'S MOM? Great googly moogly! Don't EVER bring me cookies from that woman again!

Another phrase associated with music! Barton citizens sure do like them
[Wikipedia]

Nowadays, it seems that most people recognise it from Maggie and the Ferocious Beast
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Olivia
Young man, if that suit is so hot, why don't you use it as a smoker and smoke me up some sausages?

A reference to the Gaian mini-comic in which Leon trys to smoke meat with his armor
[Mini-Comic]

User Image

Polo Shirt Paul
Like the shirt? I couldn't find one with an alligator, but this one is quite snazzy.

A reference to Lacoste clothing's logo. Which is a crocodile, by the way >_>
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
Terry and Perry

These two seem to be a reference to Walter (which can be shortened to Terry) and Perry from the cartoon Home Movies, who are always together and talk in tandem in a similar way
[Wikipedia]

User Image

William
Carpe carp

This means "Seize the carp", which, considering his penguin outfit, is quite appropriate. However, as the player recognises, it's a nod to "Carpe Diem", or 'Seize the day', from a Latin poem by Horace
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
William: BEEP!

Player: Oooookay. I'll just stroll over there and say hi to 'Clara' then. Have a good day, you happy feet kind of guy.

Probably a reference to Happy Feet, a movie in which all the characters are penguins. Which William is dressed as.
[Wikipedia]

8,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
User Image

Quote:
Behind Enemy Lines

Probably a reference to the movie of the same name.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
General Dreedle, Appleby, Milo, Yossarian and Major Major

The names of the General and his buddies are a reference to various characters from the book Catch-22
[Wikipedia]

User Image

General Dreedle
'Tis but a scratch! I've had worse from McTaggert's weedwhacker!

A nod to the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

The hedgehogs found scattered throughout the greens may be reference to Alice in Wonderland. Although, the greens are for Goof/Golf rather than Croquet
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Remo
Go west, young Gaian!

Maybe a reference to the phrase "Go west, young man" which is associated with destiny. Quite amusing considering everyone in the game has the same destiny.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
The Next Tiger

This is the badge you get for having a very good score in Goof. It's a pretty obvious reference to the amazing Golfer Tiger Woods
[Wikipedia]

8,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
User Image

Albert
Hey, hey, hey!

A reference to Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids
[Wikipedia] [Youtube]

User Image

Quote:
Cuckoo

As in, Cuckoo clock; as this is a big Skeeter and Skeeters are clock/mosquito hybrids
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
Gilroy

This special Garlic is probably a reference to the Gilroy Garlic Festival. Garlic Icecream for everyone!
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Rubella
I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

A reference to the play A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams, in which the same line appeared.
[Wikipedia]

User Image
User Image

User Image

Quote:
It's pitch black! You're likely to be eaten by a Grue!

A reference to a monster from the Zork series of games.
[Wikipedia]

8,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
User Image
User Image
Zen Gardens as a whole is a reference to Japanese culture, in particular Shintoism and Shinto Shrines, so we can expect quite a few references to that in Zen.
[Wikipedia]

An example being that Katsumi is a Miko.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
Cherry Bomb

The Cherry Fluffs, in particular those with the name 'Cherry Bomb' in the Meadow, are a reference to Cherry Bombs. They explode, see?
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
Cherry Fluffs

The Cherry Fluffs' tendency to blow up, killing themselves and damaging the player seems to be a reference to Japanese Kamikaze pilots of the Second World War
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
Ghost Lanterns

Chochinobake are lanterns that have become animated due to reaching their 100th year of existance. They are typically portrayed with one eye, and a long tongue protruding from an open mouth. Sound familiar?
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Ghost Lantern Nexus
Your doom awaits! Look into the light!

Talking about the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel people 'see' when they are dying. Also an overused concept in many many things.
[Article on the subject]

User Image

Kin
Thank you for scouting for my clan, the Chyaku Norisu.

Pronouncing this the Japanese way = Chuck Norris, who was Lord Landshark's mentor (but nowadays Landshark is better and made Chuck his b***h)
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
Mystic Weave

Is probably a reference to Orihime from the legend behind the Japanese star festival Tanabata
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Player
Great, great. Are things all quiet out here on the western front?

A nod to the novel All Quiet on the Western Front
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Player
I just want to bang on de drum all day!

Probably a reference to the song 'Bang the Drum All Day' by Todd Rundgren
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
The Battle of the Three Bridges

Maybe a reference to The Battle on the Big Bridge, an epic battle against Gilgamesh that appears in many installments of the Final Fantasy series
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
The Drums! The Drums! I can't stand the DRUMS!

A reference to the quote "the bells, the bells...I can't stand the bells!" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

The Wish Tree
=Bound like Prometheus=

A reference to Prometheus from Greek Mythology, a Titan who was bound to a rock and forced to endure an eagle eating his liver every day as a punishment for stealing fire and giving it to humans.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
The Wish Tree

Another reference to Tanabata; people write wishes and hang them on special bamboo in hopes that they will come true.
[Wikipedia]

8,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
User Image

Quote:
Blades of Wrath

Possibly a reference to the novel 'The Grapes of Wrath' by John Steinbeck
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Gustav
At last, Gustav's arm is complete again!

"At last, my arm is complete again!" is said in Sweeney Todd by the man himself, upon getting his razor blades back
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
Lucy
Goosey

When you put them together, the names of 2 of the 3 Mother Fluffs could be a reference to "Lucy Goosey", a children's book by Margaret Wild
[Wikipedia]

Or they could be a reference to the phrase "Loosey Goosey", which means 'relaxed' or 'laid-back', which fits with the cursing xD
[Wikipedia]

Or a reference to Goosey Loosey from the old "The Sky is Falling" fable
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
Mary Bussey

The name of this Mother Fluff seems to be a reference to Gary Busey. Considering some of the language she uses, this seems appropriate.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Rocko
Yo! You donwanna go dis way. It jes' ain't safe fer anyone der now. Dem mangy 'bots is tearin' up the place.

Rocko is most likely a reference to the Rocky movies. He has a heavy Bronx accent, like Rocky.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

She Wolf Quest
You know the old saying, "when the wolves come out of the wall IT'S all over."

A reference to Wolves in the Walls, by Neil Gaiman. (Need to doublecheck the exact description from the quest)
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
The Bass'ken Lake Monster/ Bassie

A nod to the Loch Ness Monster, who is often affectionately called Nessie. Pictures coming as soon as I confirm they aren't actually a log or something xD
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Trash Cans
To kiss...
...a mug...
...that's like a cactus...
...takes more nerve...
...than it does practice.
Burpa Shave

The names of the trash can's are a reference to Burma-Shave, a shaving cream that had the advertising gimmick of posting humorous rhyming poems on small, consecutive highway billboard signs.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
Two Docks One Lake

A reference to 2 Girls, 1 Cup. The (definately not worksafe) internet phenomenon.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

One of the otters on the lake is holding a rock. In the real world, many otters use rocks to break open shellfish.
[Wikipedia]

8,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
User Image

Ted
Fan-tastic!!

Don't hold me to this one, but I'm sure his 'Fantastic!' spam is a Doctor Who reference... The Doctor is technically a tourist on the planets he visits, and he likes to say fantastic xD
[Wikipedia]

User ImageUser Image

Appearance wise, Bob and Ted look like very stereotypical tourists; flower print shirts, shorts, socks with sandals, and cameras.

As for their names... Bill and Ted reference, maybe?
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Getting close to the boarded up pathways, you can hear faint music. Apparently the Elephants part of Saint-Saens's "Carnival of the Animals" is there.
[Wikipedia]

User Image
User Image

User Image

Quote:
Castles Made of Sand

Is a Jimi Hendrix song.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Fire
FIRE BAD!

A reference to Frankenstein's Monster's response to fire in Bride of Frankenstein.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
Jacques

Jacques' name is most likely a reference to the late Jacques-Yves Cousteau, a well known French naval officer, explorer, ecologist, filmmaker, innovator, scientist, photographer, author and researcher who studied the sea and all forms of life in water. He also invented SCUBA.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Jacques
There are those who call me... Jacques?

A reference to Tim the Enchanter in Monty Python and the Holy Grail; "There are some who call me... Tim?"
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
Landshark

=O His Majesty is a reference! To an old Saturday Night Live skit. "... the Landshark is considered the cleverest of all sharks. Unlike the great white shark, which tends to inhabit the waters and harbors and recreational beach areas, the Land Shark may strike at any place, anytime." That sounds about right xD
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
Landshark - "Bruce"

Qixter mentioned once that the devs call Landshark "Bruce". This is probably a reference to Jaws; the crew called the full model of the great white shark Bruce.
[IMDB]

One of the sharks from Finding Nemo also shares this borrowed nickname
[Wikipedia]

User Image

User Image

I've been informed that the Sand Castle Golem's appearance, in particular their drill hands, is a reference to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
[Wikipedia]

The arms are also kinda reminiscent of Big Daddies in BioShock
[Wikipedia]

8,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
User Image

5000 Predator Pup Badge
Dutch the Disintegrator

"Dutch" is the nickname of the main character in the Predator movies
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
Tom, d**k and Hairy

This is probably a reference to the aliens from 3rd Rock From The Sun.
[Wikipedia]

Or, maybe a reference to a movie produced by 'UFO'. This is a bit more obscure though.
[Info]

There are also lots of much less likely things, which can be find here.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Amy
I've got my towel!

An obvious reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams In the book, towels are a very important device.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Betty
Take us! We are the True Believers!

Possibly a reference to True Believers, a comic that apparently has aliens in it
[Wikipedia]

Or a Bouncing Souls song
[Wikipedia]

User ImageUser Image

Interestingly, as well as the Men in Black urban legend, the Citizen bears more than a passing resemblance to Agent Smith from the Matrix movies.
[Wikipedia]

He also refers to himself as "Agent Caruthers". This could be a reference to two different characters; Agent Carruthers from Smokin' Aces, or Agent Carruthers from Crime Story
[Wikipedia]
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Concerned Citizen: That's all right, Gaian. We at the GIB don't have a clear direction to proceed at this time anyway.
Player: Ah HA! You said it! You *are* the Gaians in Black. I *knew* it!

At least Gaians in Black is less gender exclusive than the Men in Black
[Wikipedia]

Concerned Citizen
That will do, junior. That will do.

A reference to Babe, in which the Farmer says "That will do, pig. That will do."
[Wikipedia]

User Image

d**k
We want to be friends!

A line that appears in many films, but is probably a reference to Independence Day
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
George: Hey there. Here...put this thought shield on. It'll keep the alien mind scanners from reading your thoughts!
Player: Ummm...that's a fold-up hat made of aluminum, buddy.

DEFLECTOR HAT!
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Hairy
I want to be a Galactic Hitchhiker!

Another Hitchhiker's Guide reference. An obvious play on the name.
[Wikipedia]

Hairy
Let the Pax be with you, player!

A pretty obvious reference to the famous "May the Force be with you" from Star Wars
[Wikipedia]

The 'pax' could be a reference to several things, as seen in this wikipedia link
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
Sorn Was Here!

This writing on the wall is a reference to Sorn, a Zurg from the invasion
[Sorn's Profile]

And also to the famous "Kilroy was here" WW2 graffiti
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Lola
The truth *is* out there!

The famous tagline of The X Files
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Spirit
Beam us up!

From "Beam me up, Scotty" a famous (but never actually said) phrase from Star Trek
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
Star Portal

A pretty obvious reference to Stargate, although the picture on the old world map resembles it more.
[Wikipedia]

User Image
User Image

User Image

Quote:
The Hive

Is pretty much the same as the Hive from Starship Troopers
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
GAME OVER, MAN!

Time to dust off and nuke 'em from orbit!

Is a combo of two line from Aliens
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Quote:
You get a bad feeling about this...

A line that variations of appear in most Star Wars media
[Wikipedia]

Alternatively, it could be a reference to another line in Aliens
[Wikipedia]

8,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
User Image

User Image
Occasionally, the monkeys in Otami will cover their ears, eyes and mouths. This is a reference to the Three Wise Monkeys, representing See no evil, Hear no evil, and Speak no evil.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

The snake on the tree could possibly be a reference to the story of Adam and Eve.
[Wikipedia]

Or it could be a nod to tales of giant snakes that are reported in South America.
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Basket Case

This badge could be a reference to the 1982 movie of the same name. In particular, a scene in which the basket is opened and the opener is attacked.
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Feathered Coatls

Graphical interpretations of Quetzalcóatl, the Aztec sky and creator god. The Stone Coatl resembles Quetzalcóatl more, but Quetzal = Feather xD
[Wikipedia]

Visually, they resemble the Quetzal, a type of bird
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
The Gauntlet

The Gauntlet is a reference to running the gauntlet, a punishment where man has to run between two rows of soldiers who strike him as he passes.
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Huizotl

A nod to Aztec's god of sun, Huitzil or Huitzilopochtli
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Chaloc

A nod to Tláloc, Aztec's god of water.
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Thunder and Lightning

In the Gauntlet quest, the player has to run from two very strong Bladed Vases named Thunder and Lightning. This may be a reference to the Mayan myth of a maize hero defeating the deities of Thunder and Lightning.
[Wikipedia]

User Image
The Masks of Death and Rebirth are a very direct reference to Masks of Death and Rebirth. Shocking. Unforunately the only info on it I can find is on a page where you can buy a replica
[Info]

Tiny Terror
Yaotlahueliloc!
Yaomiquico!
Yaoc!
Quinyaochihuaz!

The Tiny Terrors shout this sort of thing why you fight them. It is actually in the Florentine Codex. These phrases mean 'Furious in war!', 'He came to die in war!', 'War!' and 'He will make war against them!'
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Rin and Lin

The twins may be a reference to the popular vocal simulation software Vocaloid; the twin Vocaloids Rin and Len Kagamine
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Rin: No. The totems were only to prove that you were who we thought you were. Now that you've gathered them and proven your value as a warrior, I may channel the Spirits to speak with you with a pure heart that you are the One.

User: What? The One? Wait...

O hay there really obvious Matrix reference. The One, as in Neo, from The Matrix. Mysterious, eh?
[Wikipedia]

8,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
User Image

Quote:
Raidne and Aglaope

Raidne and Aglaope are the names of two Sirens from Greek Mythology, singing to take sailors to their doom
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Lorelei

Similarily, Lorelei is the name of a rhine maiden who did the same as the sirens. One of the legends is that Loreley, a beautiful young maiden, committed suicide because of an unfaithful lover.
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Marshall

A Dive Marshall is someone who is in charge of divers. Great job he's doing too, getting kidnapped.
[Diving Website]

Quote:
A Tale of Two Seas

May be a reference to the book "A Tale of Two Cities", in which the name Jacques is used...
[Wikipedia]

User Image

Blank for now sweatdrop

User Image

The Sealab may be a reference to the US Navy's SEALAB
[Wikipedia]

Or perhaps to the cartoon Sealab 2020
[Wikipedia]

The Sealab may, visually, be a reference to Final Fantasy VII's Undersea Reactor. They have similar styles, and Robofish look similar to the enemy Ghostship.
[Wikipedia]

Visually, the robofish are obviously based on Anglerfish. But robotic.
[Wikipedia]

8,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
User Image

Quote:
Dervish

The name is probably a reference to Darvishes, or Dervishes, with whom Sufi Whirling is associated; in particular, the Mevleviye. This fits with the Dervish ring's spinning attack.
[Wikipedia]
[Wikipedia]
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Defibrillate

A reference to the real medical procedure used to restore a heartbeat.
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Fire Rain

The huge balls of fire that rain down when this ring is used are probably a reference to the song Great Balls Of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Heavy Water Balloon

Heavy Water Balloon is made up of Heavy Water and not just the normal type?
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Improbability Sphere

A reference to the Infinate Improbability Drive from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which makes the extremely improbable happen
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
My Density

A reference to a line from Back to the Future; "I'm your density...I mean, your destiny."
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Pot Lid

In the movie Battle Royale, the main character, Shuya Nanahara, is issued a pot lid as a weapon
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Mantis

The Mantis ring, oddly, looks like the Quake logo. Particularly the Quake III variant
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Shark Attack

When Shark Attack is used, you can hear what sounds like a little bit of the Jaws theme, and at RR4 it visually resembles the movie poster for the same movie.
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Solar Rays

Maybe a reference to the Seventh Tower series by Garth Nix, in which they shoot rays of light out of their rings.
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Coyote Spirit

in the Manga Shaman King, one of the characters, Silva, uses the spirit of a coyote to run at high speeds; the Coyote Spirit ring gives a speed boost.
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Turtle

in the Manga Shaman King, Silva also uses the spirit of a turtle to block all attacks, like how the Turtle ring blocks most attacks in zOMG.
[Wikipedia]

User Image

The icon for willpower is a drill; this is an obvious reference to Gurren Lagann, in which drills are constantly used as symbolism of humanity's willpower.
[Wikipedia]

User ImageUser Image
The "plain" or Air Fluff and the Null Fluff seem to be a reference to Puchuus from Excel Saga, which go from cute to ugly with one hit.
[Wikipedia]
Which in itself is apparently a reference to Golgo 13
[Wikipedia]
However, according to Qixter these are just a reference to anime in general.

Quote:
Tlauixcalpantecuhtliopolis

The name of the false area created for the April Fools event is named after the Aztec god of Venus, Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Let the humans silflay for their own eggs wherever they can find them!

This line from the Easter event uses the word "silflay" from the book Watership Down
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Basketh'loo

This item is a pretty obvious reference to Dread Cthulhu
[Wikipedia]

The names of the vampires and werewolves from the 2009 Halloween reference various things including:

Quote:
Angel
Spike
Drusilla
Willow

The names of characters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Willow wasn't a vampire, but had a vampiric vampire that appeared in a couple of episodes.
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Eddie Cullen
Esme
Tanya
Jacob Black
Leah

The names of vampires and werewolves from the Twilight series
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Count Chocula

A reference to the cereal of the same name, which has a vampire as the mascot
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Lestat

A reference to the character Lestat de Lioncourt from Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles novels
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
The Count

Although it's just a title, it's most likely a reference to The Count (or Count von Count) of Sesame Street
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Drake Ulah
Lucy Westenra

Drake Ulah = Dracula. The names of characters from Bram Stoker's Dracula.
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Jean Claude
Richard Zeeman

A vampire and a werewolf from the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series of novels.
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Selene

The name of the protagonist from the Underworld series of films
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Freki
Finn Ris

Finn Ris = Fenris. The names of wolves in Norse mythology
[Wikipedia]
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Lilith

In some translations of the bible and folklore, Lilith is a vampire. There is also a succubus in the Darkstalkers/Vampire series of games with the same name.
[Wikipedia]
[Wikipedia

Quote:
Talbot
Lon Chaney

Larry Talbot is the protagonist of the 1941 film The Wolf Man. He was played by Lon Chaney Jr.
[Wikipedia]
[Wikipedia]

Quote:
Star

The name of a character in the film 'The Lost Boys'
[Wikipedia]

8,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread!
I was attempting to make a list of you all, but it was way too difficult xD
Anyway, you know who you are, and I couldn't have done it without you!
heart

----------

Links Out

>_>
UnderConstruction

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items