- Character Name: Sairento, Kurami
- Pronunciation of the Name: Sai.rento, Ku.ra.me
- Character Squad: 12th
- Character Rank: Lieutenant
- Affiliation[s]: Gotei 13
The Shinigami Research and Development Institute
- Sexuality Heterosexual
- Character Personality Kurami's primary mode of living is focused internally, where she takes things in primarily via her intuition. Her secondary mode is external, where she deals with things rationally and logically. Kurami lives in the world of ideas and strategic planning. She values intelligence, knowledge, and competence, and typically has high standards in these regards, which she continuously strives to fulfill. To a somewhat lesser extent, she has similar expectations of others.
With Introverted Intuition dominating her personality, she focuses her energy on observing the world, and generating ideas and possibilities. Her mind constantly gathers information and makes associations about it. She is tremendously insightful and usually is very quick to understand new ideas and even quicker to find a means of applying said ideas in a useful way. She is driven to come to conclusions about ideas. Her need for closure and organization usually requires that they take some action. Kurami posses qualities that make her a natural leader, although she usually chooses to remain in the background until she sees a real need to take over the lead. When she's in leadership roles, she is quite effective, because she is able to objectively see the reality of a situation, and is adaptable enough to change things which aren't working well. She's an excellent strategists - always scanning available ideas and concepts and weighing them against her current strategy, to plan for every conceivable contingency.
Despite such positives, she does have some negative aspects about her. She spends a lot of time inside her own mind, and often times has exhibited showing little interest in the other people's thoughts or feelings. Limited by trust issues brought on by past events, she has problems giving other people the level of intimacy that is needed.
Rarely does Kurami speak for she believes that if one does not have anything truly important to say, then silence is the best course of action lest a question arises. She's not really one for idle chit-chat. However, when she does speak, people take the initiative to listen because what she has to say is not only important but well thought out. When she speaks she is both eloquent and soft spoken seeing no reason to raise her voice even if angered. Raising ones voice does little to help the conversation along and usually the one who is getting the loudest ends up saying something moronic and comes out looking like the fool. Such behavior often makes her appear withdrawn...shy even.
When she walks, she does so in silence for she does not like drawing attention to herself. She prefers to go unnoticed unless her presence as a strong supporter of her captain is required. She prefers to allow Kiyen to have all the glory for she is simply his supportive lieutenant. Any movement made by her is elegant and gentle as if she were afraid to break whatever it was she might touch or look at. When she enters a room or walks to any destination before her, she stands tall with her shoulders back and her head held high. She is and will be recognized as an alpha, second only to her Captain. While Kurami is and can be very territorial, her unnatural patience allows her to keep her temper in check.
- Character Likes:
- Having time to herself.
- Drinking tea and reflecting.
- Observing those around her.
- Analyzing newly acquired information.
- Going unnoticed.
- Character Dislikes:
- Loud and obnoxious individuals.
- Disrespect towards herself or her captain.
- The imposition of ones ideals onto herself.
- Proclaiming her ideals to be unimportant and therefore useless.
- Invasion of her personal space for too long.
- Any motion from others to touch her choker and/or neck.
- Others snooping around in her private affairs.
- Idle chit-chat.
- Talking about events that took place during her mortal life.
- Character Age:
[Human Age] 26
- Character Birthday: March 9th
- Character Zodiac Sign: Pisces ( Rabbit)
- Character Blood Type: AB-
- Bio: Kurami was born to U.S. Marine, Drill Sgt. Nathanial Brooks and his Japanese born wife, Motomi Brooks with four elder siblings that came before her. Together that made them a large family of seven that partook in catholic practices and beliefs. Growing up, she was not overly privileged nor was she under privileged. She led the average life of any normal child growing up. Instilled in her were the ethics of a day of hard work and putting forth effort in anything you did. Big on the idea of her children having the best education they could get, Motomi was very strict when it came to her children studies and Nathanial was just as strict when it came to house hold chores. He was not about to raise any lazy dumb assess. Nor was he going to raise any children ignorant to the guidance religion could give them. This is how things went when she was young. She attended school, completed her assignments, house hold chores, played like any child and attended mass during its designated time.
She only began to pull away from that sect of religion when she became a teen and had become more aware of the other religions of the world. Catholicism just wasn’t for her and she wasn’t about to dedicate her life to something that she held no connection to. For the longest time Kurami held no belief in the god that the bible her parents read every night portrayed nor did she believe in heaven or hell. What she believed in was science and whatever couldn't be explained by science was simply seen as something that were not yet advanced enough to understand. The answers were out there though, waiting to be discovered and it was her goal in life to obtain a better understanding of those things and how the known things worked in the world she lived in.
The need for knowledge is what made her decide that she would pursue studies in theology, sociology, anthropology and psychiatry. Her goals were quite ambitious but she knew that if she could gather the proper education in these fields, then she would have a better understanding of the world around her, the people in it and in the end come closer to discovering the secrets that kept everything within a natural state of balance. Of course however, she knew that such an education would cost her a fair amount of money and while she and her family were doing well for themselves, she knew that she would not be able to afford such an education with the help of her fathers salary alone. When old enough, she acquired a work permit from her school allowing her to take on a part time job that she would work after school and during her summer breaks she would work full time. It was difficult but she made sure that she stuck to her regime of studying and working.
Throughout her high school years she pushed herself in her studies, slowly climbing the ladder until she was ranked number one in her class. However, in order to achieve this status she made sacrifices. Her social life suffered a great deal. She put forth little effort into making friends and socializing with her peers. She skipped out on school activities such as dances, games and the like.Of her own free will, she became an outcast amongst her peers. The vast majority of money she made from her part time job was set aside in a savings account, while a smaller amount of his was given to her parents to contribute to groceries and to spend on herself for things that she may come in need of at the time. By her final year of high school she had over sixty scholarships under her belt, each ranging from between $500 and $40,000.
Graduating high school in the year 1981, she wasted no time to go to school abroad. She felt more comfortable obtaining a higher education overseas seeing that statistics showed the level of education received was far more advanced than what she would obtain in America. With scholarships and a student visa in hand, she started her new college life in Karakura Town. After settling in she obtain a map of the place and decided to spend her first day their acquainting herself with the city. The last thing she wanted was to lose her way when classes started. Her first year was a bit difficult when it came to adjusting. Not because of a language barrier mind you, because their wasn't. She simply just wasn't use to being on her own but eventually she got into the swing of things and even managed to acquire a part time job for herself. She didn't need the money for school on the account that she had all those scholarships, but she still did require food to live and she wasn't about to spend however many years here wearing the same clothes or on the streets. She needed an income if she was to be able to afford rent, clothing, groceries and the necessities for healthy living. It was during her second year of schooling here that she was able to become the top student in her class, again by choosing studies over socializing and over all avoiding her peers while she could, however that didn't stop her from catching the attention from one of the guys in her class, she was no ugly duckling after all.
It took him all of six months to gather her attention and unfortunately it was time wasted for she rebuffed his advances. She wasn't rude in her way of doing it either. She simply stated that while he seemed to be an interesting individual and one of upstanding character, her studies were the only thing she had time for. However, when it came to this guy, her answer wasn't an acceptable one. Hiro was not used to rejection. For as long as he could remember, he was the most popular individual in his entire school career. The girls wanted him and the guys wanted to be him. He simply couldn't allow her to get away with embarrassing him like that, especially in front of their peers who witnessed the entire conversation. He did anything and everything he could think of to have a chance to get her alone and talk to her and Kurami did everything she could think of to avoid him like the plague thus acquiring herself a stalker. To Hiro this was nothing more than a game of cat and mouse and he was determined to get what he wanted no matter the cost.
Four seven years this little game of cat and mouse lasted, resulting in Kurami changing her phone number seven times, the locks to her home ten times and the replacement of her window five times. She had enough of it and it was time to put her foot down. She marched down to the police station and demanded that they do something about Hiro and the things that he's done with the threat that not only would she sue the precinct but she would also take her story to the press. A restraining order was issued out to Hiro stating that he couldn't come within 1,000 feet of her, her home or place of occupation and she received a police escort to school, work and back home. It was after all of this that she was finally able to obtain peace once again. No longer did she have to look over her back. These peace however was short lived. Ten months after her visit to the precinct she returned home from work without a care in the world. The officer had just left her home and she was ready for a well deserved shower and restful sleep.
Following her usual routine, she entered her bathroom to turn on the shower then entered her room to strip her clothes off. It was as she was undressing that Hiro crept from her closet and grabbed her from behind, covering her mouth with one hand so that she couldn't scream. She kicked and flailed wildly in his grasp, managing to knock him off of her. She fell to her knees but quickly stammered back up to her feet and made a bee line out of her room and toward the door of her home but was tackled to the floor. The rolled around on the floor, each of them fighting for power of the other. Hiro over came her, grabbed her by her ankles and dragged her into the kitchen. Grabbing a fist full of her hair, with her screaming for help he threw her against the counter and attempted to rip her underwear free but a bottle of olive oil came crashing against his jaw, the glass breaking a cutting him.
He stammered back with a yell, giving her the time she needed to put some distance between them. Again she ran for the front door, her screams even more frantic than before when she heard his footsteps coming up quick behind her. Just as her hand grabbed the door knobs Everything was enveloped in darkness. It felt like hours, but it only had been a few seconds that passed before her body slumped against the door and the thud of her head hitting the floor sounded while the blood dripped from the cleaver that was in Hiro's hand. The police had come too late and nothing could be done for her...at least in the human world that is.
As if roused from a horrible nightmare, she jolted up having to quickly shield her eyes from blinding light. Kurami's chest heaved as each labored breath left her lungs and sweat dripped from her forehead. A nightmare, that's all it was. Just one horrible nightmare. At least that's what she allowed herself to believe until she heard voices off in the distance. When she lowered her hands, she found herself in a place unfamiliar to her. When she looked down at herself, she found herself wearing and old and worn kimono from back in the edo era and in the distance there were a mass of people wearing the same attire.
Carefully and as silently as she could, she took cover until she could find out what was going on. She spent days observing the people and listening to their conversations. She'd steal food when she needed too and for the most part would go unnoticed but things grew increasingly difficult for her as time progressed. The seasons were changing and the cold of winter was setting in. In the months spent there she had learned quite a bit about where she was and for a time she fought the cold hard truth that she wasn't alive anymore, though she couldn't fathom why she came here. While she had questions that had yet to be answered she knew that something needed to be done if she was going to have a comfortable living in this new life of hers.
In exchange for lodgings and food she would complete chores or run errands for the inhabitants of Rakongai. Within three years she had the misfortune of running into a handful of the unlawful there, being spurned on more than one occasion and with each incident she withdrew into herself more and more but she did not remain weak. Determined to discontinue being the doormat for others, she learned to fend for herself and she became quite brutal. She thought it best to make a name for herself so others would think it wise to leave her be. Nearing the fourth year of her time coming to this world, she had a reputation circulating around Rakongai as well as Seireitei. She was known as the rose with the vipers bite, and as the beautiful doll of death. By mid spring of her fourth year here, she found lodgings in Seireitei and managed continued the task of learning more about Sereitei and its inner workings, her reputation continuing to grow. She learned more of the Shinigami, of reiatsu, zanpakuto and all things associated with the shinigami and made it up in her mind that she would obtain a zanpakuto and be a formidable foe for any who would dare try to do her harm.
It was during her sixth year that she acquired entry into the academy and she was then given her zanpakuto. The moment her hands touched the hilt of it, she felt something, though trying to explain what she felt exactly proved difficult. It was a sensation that she had never felt before. Determined to excel her training, she took the same approach that she had done when she was alive in the human world. She avoided her peers unless it was necessary to interact and she spent every waking moment training, pushing her body to its limits and beyond. It was this tenacity that allowed her to progress at a rate that was unheard of. Three more years passed and finally she heard it. She heard a voice and she knew where it had come from. Any chance she got she would submerge herself within the practice of Jinzen, slowly increasing the bond between herself and her zanpakuto. Eventually in the beginning of her tenth year of this world, she acquired the name of her zanpakuto and she felt liberated, the bond between the two growing even more so. Her success and the rate at which her skills in handling herself increased caught the attention of The Shinigami Research and Development Institute.
Like any other Shinigami to join the institute she started at the bottom but she quickly moved through the ranks, only recently being given the title of Lieutenant.
- Character Skin Color/Ethnicity: Very pale, almost translucent. Japanese/Caucasian
- Character Height: Five feet and five inches
- Character Hair Color: Her hair is quite unique. While her hair is for the most part, straight, the ends hold a slight bend enabling them to curl with relative ease but that is not what makes her hair unique. The color does. It holds a gradient of black and red. The top of her head, from the roots to the her bangs is black which as it grows out becomes red. However, The longer part of her hair which is often held up in ponytails are the opposite. They go from red to black.
- Character Hair Length/ Style Her hair is often worn in high ponytails with long bangs framing her face. She is rarely ever seen with her hair out, less you catch her before she is about to sleep or after she has left the bathing area.
- Character Eye Color: Her eyes could be described as roses floating in a pool of ink. Her eyes are far from normal. Framed by thick lashes, the sclera of her eyes are as dark as onyx and her irises as red as the crimson river that flows through her veins.
- Character Description:
- Character Attire: Her attire consists of a traditional black kimono that is trimmed in red. However, instead of having an obi to secure the kimono, a black leather corset with red silk ties is used. The fabric of the kimono is quite thin and because she does not layer it as most kimonos are, the is quite form fitting. A choker that looks like a small replica of her corset hugs her neck and conceals the scar there. From her right ear dangles a red earring with a black center and from her left ear dangles a black earrings with a red center.
- Character Tattoos/Markings/Scars: Scar encompassing her neck. Under her left eye is a heart shaped beauty mark that is red in color.
- Zanpakutō Name: Itami
- Zanpakutō Spirit Appearance: X
- Zanpakutō Sealed Form: katana
- Shikai Status: Mastered
- Zanpakutō Shikai Activation Statement: "Itami ni fūnyū yorokobi de sorera o yūwaku shi, sono kutsū no chi ga dojō Itami o fushoku suru.". ("Seduce them with the pleasure sealed in pain, and make the blood of their torment corrode the soil Itami.")
- Zanpakutō Shikai Name: Same as sealed
- Zanpakutō Shikai Appearance x
- Battlefield Changes: The release of this shikai comes from Kurami releasing an immense amount of spiritual energy into ground within a thirty foot radius as well as the air flowing around thus whipping up howling winds.
- Zanpakutō Shikai Abilities Itami ni sairenwonarasu (Sound the Sirens, Itami)- The winds strength increases to a point where funnels form, creating small tornadoes. While they are not big enough to cause too much concern, they are enough to pick up dust and debris and chuck it around making things rather difficult to see and even are strong enough to tug you away from you current point of standing though it is nothing one can't fight off. The speeds of the winds is what causes the loud shriek like sound that as been known to disorient lesser men.
Jishin chikyū, Itami (Quake the Earth, Itami)- The earth seemingly will answer her calls and force itself to either send large chunks of the earth to break away beneath the opponents feet, large chunks to shoot up from the ground in attempts to hit the opponent or to block and oncoming attack.
Seishin, Itami no baindo (Bind the Spirit, Itami)- This technique launches condensed energy in the form of a tangible purplish black net which appears to be dripping a foul smelling tar, generated from the blade length, and simply throws it over the intended target (typically from above) with a simple slashing motion from Itami. The net further binds and restricts an opponent’s movements by constricting to its form. This net appears elongated and somewhat narrow.
Gōka, Itami to kisu (Kiss with Hellfire, Itami)- After using the Bind technique, Kurami slams the net with Itami, creating orbs of fire along the outside length of the net, which explode like linked land-mines in a domino formation, leading toward the target bound under the net. When the orbs come into direct contact with the intended target, they create a tremendously large and devastating explosion.
- Achieved? Yes.
- Zanpakutō Bankai Name: Has not achieved yet.
- Zanpakutō Bankai Appearance: Unknown
- Bankai Battlefield Changes: Unknown
- Zanpakutō Bankai Abilities Unknown
- Zanpakutō Bankai Time Able to Hold: Unknown
- Achieved? No.
- Bakudō: 1. Restrain (塞, sai) -Locks a target's arms in place behind their back.
4. Crawling Rope (這縄, hainawa) -An energy rope entangles a target's arms.
8. Repulse (斥, seki) -Creates a round shield that seems to temporarily paralyze and repel whatever strikes it
9. Strike (撃, geki) -Engulfs a target in red light, completely paralyzing them.
Incantation: Disintegrate, you black dog of Rondanini! Look upon yourself with horror and then claw out your own throat!
9. Hōrin (Disintegrating Circle) -Causes an orange hued tendril with spiraling yellow patterns to erupt from the users hand and attempt to trap a target. the end of it remains in the hands of the user allowing them to control the path of the tendril before and after capture. The Kidō is able to connect with another one of itself if both have captured a target and bind them together.
Incantation: "Disintegrate, you black dog of Rondanini!! Look upon yourself with horror and tear out your own throat!"
12. Fushibi: -A net formed from an attachment point on the caster, can be small or large depending ong the reiatsu force behind it.
21. Red Smoke Escape (赤煙遁, sekienton) -Creates a blast upon activation and is used like a ninja's smoke bomb.
26. Curving Light (曲光, kyakko) -Hides the target from sight, presumably by bending light.
30. Beak-Stab Triple Beam (嘴突三閃, Shitotsu Sansen) - Shoots three beams of light that pin the target to one place on a surface, slamming into his/her body in three places in a shape of a perfect triangle.
37. Suspending Star (吊星, tsuriboshi) -Creates a star-shaped cushion of Spiritual Energy, which anchors it to nearby objects with "ropes" of spirit particles. It can stop falling objects, acting like a safety net.
39. Arc Shield (円閘扇, enkosen) -Summons a shield of energy to block opponents' attacks.
- Hadō: 1. Thrust (衝, shō) -Pushes the target away from the caster.
4. White Lightning (白雷, byakurai) -Fires a concentrated bolt of white lightning from the caster's forefinger.
11. Bound Lightning (製本雷, tsuzuri raiden) -Electric current flows through any object the user touches and is able to lead electricity, damaging any target that is in contact with the object the current runs through.
31. Shot of Red Fire (赤火砲, shakkahō, Red Flame Cannon in the English dub) -Fires a ball of red fire at a target.
Incantation: Ye Lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Inferno and pandemonium, The sea barrier surges, March on to the south!
33. Blue Fire, Crash Down (蒼火墜, sōkatsui, Pale Fire Crash in the English dub) -Fires a column of blue fire at a target in a similar manner to 31, but over a wider area and with more power.
Incantation: Ye Lord! Mask of flesh and bone, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Truth and temperance, Upon this sinless wall of dreams unleash but slightly the wrath of your claws! In the English dub, it is read as "Ruler, the mask of blood and flesh, all things in the universe that fly, that which names all! In the name of truth and temperance, dig your claws into the wall of sinless dreams!
- Healing spells: Chiyudo #5-Kai Kizu - This kidou is used to heal cuts. Does absolutely nothing for internal. It's performed by simply passing over the cut with your palm, while concentrating an appropriate amount of spiritual energy in it. The used amount of reiryoku is rather low, but must be measured precisely, otherwise a scar would be left after the healing procedure.
- Hand-to-hand combat: (Hakuda)
While she is proficient in Judo,Aikido and Jiu Jitsu, she still has her limits. While women are capable of anything they set their mind to, the fact remains that they will always be physically weaker in some way compared to their male counterpart.
- Agility: (Hohō)
- Swordsmanship: (Zanjutsu)