Total Votes : 128

Shadowolf~Forever

Tipsy Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:46 pm
Alright. There are two topics for this thread.

Same sex marriage;

Should we be able to have out pets get married to another of the same gender, but not reproduce? This way. if say me and my girlfriend want out pets to get marries so they show up together we could do that but they wouldn't have any children together? Same with different breeds, they could get married but not reproduce. You opinion?

Please, every non-pet related opinions/discussions should be presented here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=9873277

Studding;

Like the banks that are out there now, why not have a stud account owned by the FBP guild/shop? This way if the same sex/breed coupling wish to have a child they could pay a fee to benefit the guild and have a child. It would cost a little more then the usual fee. What do you think?

Do any of you have any ideas?

EDIT: Poll created by SpikeBolt  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:04 pm
Well, lots of issues come into play.
The main issue is that they do not have the time for that kind of programming.
Another being that if you are allowed to have gay pets (No offence implied) Other people might way inter-racial maggiage, or Multiple marriages, also more babys.
So, its a matter of fair-is-fair and having no time. Those morals go for both issues.  

Zeds

Shadowolf~Forever

Tipsy Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:12 pm
That kind of programming? The same sex thing would be the same as the different sex marriage only no babies would come of it. What does that have to do with programming?

Fair is fair...that's not fair.

Same for interracial?Think of them as people not pets for a moment. It like saying an African can't marry a Chinese.

Thats why there would be no babies, so programming wouldn't have to be changed and people couldn't argue over the race of the child.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:16 pm
I think that this is a very interesting discussion that me an Luna had one of these days and i'm very interested to know everyone's opinion about this matter.

Leave the programming difficulties to me, the first request is pretty reasonable to program. 3nodding  

SpikeBolt
Vice Captain

Zeds

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:19 pm
Shadowolf~Forever
That kind of programming? The same sex thing would be the same as the different sex marriage only no babies would come of it. What does that have to do with programming?

Fair is fair...that's not fair.

Same for interracial?Think of them as people not pets for a moment. It like saying an African can't marry a Chinese.

Thats why there would be no babies, so programming wouldn't have to be changed and people couldn't argue over the race of the child.

But race in the human form of the word is people from other countrys, you can't have babys with a manatee, can you?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:23 pm
I think inter-racial is out of question for now. Because it just doesn't make sense. You cannot breed or even understand someone whose race is not yours. It's like marrying a dog and a parrot. It just doesn't fit.

We are pretty open minded about Gay marriages, though.  

SpikeBolt
Vice Captain

Shadowolf~Forever

Tipsy Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:39 pm
Thats why there are no babies,Zeds.

And there are people who marry their pets like that, either pet to pet or owner to pet. It would be in the view of the owners. I figure if they're gonna pay for it then let them do as they please. And how do we know that
"You cannot breed or even understand someone whose race is not yours."
I get the breeding thing, but as for understanding I can understand Japanese, Spanish, German and bits of other languages and means because I learned about them and I'm none of those races.
And, how do we know that animals can't speak to/understand each other, I have a verity of animals and it seems to me that hey all understand each other just fine...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:44 pm
Shadowolf~Forever
Thats why there are no babies,Zeds.

And there are people who marry their pets like that, either pet to pet or owner to pet. It would be in the view of the owners. I figure if they're gonna pay for it then let them do as they please. And how do we know that
"You cannot breed or even understand someone whose race is not yours."
I get the breeding thing, but as for understanding I can understand Japanese, Spanish, German and bits of other languages and means because I learned about them and I'm none of those races.
And, how do we know that animals can't speak to/understand each other, I have a verity of animals and it seems to me that hey all understand each other just fine...
EDIT: misread, sorry.

What I mean is that a dog cannot communicate like that with a parrot. Or with a hamster. The max they can reach is an action-reaction knowledge.  

SpikeBolt
Vice Captain

Aidan Drake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:34 pm
OK, the only thing that comes to my mind right now is; WHERE IS EVERYONE'S STANDARD OF RIGHT AND WRONG?! I mean seriously, homosexuality is an abomination and shouldn't exist. Now you can call me an idiot, a religous nut, or whatever it is you're thinking, but God designed the world to have a certain balance that males only have that sort of atraction to females, and females only have that atraction to males, not both can like either one. Do you realize what a catastrophe it would be if the entire population suddenly turned homosexual? We'd all die out! Homosexuality is a sin and you can read about it in the Bible, and all sin is a disease. Look at what it causes; one bad thing always somehow leads to another problem, whether it be the smallest thing or something huge, it always feeds on itself.

Another thing is, if you're a gay person reading this, you might think of the excuse that you were born gay and can't change, well that isn't true. If you have desires, you don't have to give into them, you CAN fight them and change yourself, human beings are not puppets who can't change, they have a free will.

Well, I hope this message helps to shed a little light on the situation, and if you're just sitting there hating me, you're proving that you just don't want to accept truth.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:41 pm
Agent X Sora
OK, the only thing that comes to my mind right now is; WHERE IS EVERYONE'S STANDARD OF RIGHT AND WRONG?! I mean seriously, homosexuality is an abomination and shouldn't exist. Now you can call me an idiot, a religous nut, or whatever it is you're thinking, but God designed the world to have a certain balance that males only have that sort of atraction to females, and females only have that atraction to males, not both can like either one. Do you realize what a catastrophe it would be if the entire population suddenly turned homosexual? We'd all die out! Homosexuality is a sin and you can read about it in the Bible, and all sin is a disease. Look at what it causes? One bad thing always somehow leads to another problem, whether it be the smallest thing or something huge, it always feeds on itself.

Another thing is, if you're a gay person reading this, you might think of the excuse that you were born gay and can't change, well that isn't true. If you have desires, you don't have to give into them, you CAN fight them and change yourself, human beings are not puppets who can't change, they have a free will.

Well, I hope this message helps to shed a little light on the situation, and if you're just sitting there hating me, you're proving that you just don't want to accept truth.

I have to say I agree with you. And to be honest if homosexual pets are allowed I will not keep my pets. Sure I'd be out the money I paid but I won't support a group with such values.  

joyfulmusic

Blessed Member

13,500 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Autobiographer 200

joyfulmusic

Blessed Member

13,500 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:09 pm
I may as well let everyone know exactly what I am feeling in my own words. This is a letter I sent to SpikeBolt:
----
Should you choose to make gay marriage possible for pets I intend to quit the guild and discard my pets. I bought mine noting the lack of such immoral options as same sex marriage. I do believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, however that does not mean I must condone such actions. I realize that refunds would doubtfully be given. However with such a drastic change in morality I am willing to take the loss. And may I add, if something that is considered so wrong in many societies today, would you still hold to the ‘no divorces’ rule?

Joy

----

If there are to be gay marriages then why not allow divorces? Where I come from that is certainly more acceptable than same sex marriage. I can understand that they would not want extra babies with each marriage. Fine then, they could make it one child per pet. So explain to me why homosexual marriages should be allowed over divorces.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:00 pm
I totaly love the idea on this. However Zeds has a point that it WOULD take more time to do. I think it would be easier for all if it just stayed simple and didn't get too too complicated. ^_^  

SammyJay

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

iADDY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:17 pm
I like the idea, and think we should be able to do that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:33 am
Agent X Sora
OK, the only thing that comes to my mind right now is; WHERE IS EVERYONE'S STANDARD OF RIGHT AND WRONG?! I mean seriously, homosexuality is an abomination and shouldn't exist. Now you can call me an idiot, a religous nut, or whatever it is you're thinking, but God designed the world to have a certain balance that males only have that sort of atraction to females, and females only have that atraction to males, not both can like either one. Do you realize what a catastrophe it would be if the entire population suddenly turned homosexual? We'd all die out! Homosexuality is a sin and you can read about it in the Bible, and all sin is a disease. Look at what it causes; one bad thing always somehow leads to another problem, whether it be the smallest thing or something huge, it always feeds on itself.

I totally understand and respect your opinion and in some points I agree with you.

But, and entering an off-topic discussion that we can continue later via PM or something, is it possible to really change the type of person that you love? Could you, instead of loving female humans, start to love males out of your will? True love? Just by wanting it? I don't think you could, even you wanted to!

I thank the person who created this topic for bringing up such a interesting discussion.

In my opinion, since I have no religion, every living being should have the same opportunity to put into paper their love. The fact that you like "orange" instead of "strawberry" should not be a motive of descrimination. I understand that this shocks a lot people but it is the way I think. That does not mean that gay marriages will happen, because I think that way long before I created the FBpets on the first place. I'm quite interested to take a look at everyone's opinions.

@joyfulmusic: there's no need to mail me since i'm watching this thread very closely and reading every post with no exception.
The reason why divorce is not allowed is because people would simply marry, and re-marry, and re-marry over and over. Of course, we could put some price into marriages to prevent that but we prefered to give people some responsability and still make marriages a free service.  

SpikeBolt
Vice Captain

SpikeBolt
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:39 am
XxHurtxLonexWolfxX
I totaly love the idea on this. However Zeds has a point that it WOULD take more time to do. I think it would be easier for all if it just stayed simple and didn't get too too complicated. ^_^
Please don't worry about how complicated coding would be or much time would take me to do it. Let me worry about that.

Give your opinions based on what you think and what you want! 3nodding  
~ Feedable & Breedable Pet's Guild ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces