jessiekins

Crew

Wealthy Vampire

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I like Dobby. ^^ He's funny. Espically since he wears all the hats Hermione made for the house elves in her SPEW Campain.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:24 pm
jessiekitten
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I like Dobby. ^^ He's funny. Espically since he wears all the hats Hermione made for the house elves in her SPEW Campain.

I can't wait to see that in film.  

Niozik

David FTW

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Niozik
jessiekitten

I can't wait to see that in film.

xD I think I've seen a picture of that. I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:57 pm
I like Dobby the best. I can't help but feel sorry for Kreacer and Dobby though...  

senior senior

David FTW

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:17 pm
Why do you feel sorry for them? .-.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:44 pm
I kind of feel sorry for Kreacher, considering the fact that he's so completely bound to the pure-bloods...it's so pathetic. o_o;  

Lepidus Light

smaw12

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:54 pm
They are so different...Kreacher is troubled because of the things he's seen (his beloved master dying in the battle for the Horcruxes) and is scarred with that for life. Dobby is so sweet and he is forever thankful to Harry for saving him from the Malfoys.
My favorite is probably Kreacher, because of his faithfulness to Regulas. I love the way he reacts when Harry gives him the locket that belonged to his master. You can tell he's just clinging onto shards of what he was before he was scarred. Kind of like a veteran.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:28 pm
I have to admit, I have mad love for Dobby. If I were a house elf, I'd create the next generation of house elves with Dobby...

Not really, I just thought it'd be funny to say. But I loves Dobby. He's so sweet. And I admire his spirit. He's very smart and brave. When I read book seven, I didn't cry until he died. Honest to God. He was the one that made the tears spill. That page in my copy of the book is so tearstained it's not even funny.

I absolutely hated Kreacher until the seventh book. He was so mean to everyone! I understood that he was out of it and all, and that it was how he'd been taught to think, but still, it really made me mad. Then he practically got Sirius killed and I wanted to strangle him! But then I read DH and after I really understood the whole thing, I decided I liked him. He was loyal and turned out to be a good guy after all.  

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:41 am
Dobby is AWESOME! razz Even house evles that are treated unfairly, like Winky, still don't want to be free because of generations of brainwashing, but Dobby was strong enough to resist the brainwashing and rightly believed that he had the right to be free. 3nodding He's also couragous because he was willingly to go through pain (albeit self-inflicted) in order to do the right thing (help Harry). heart Kreatcher simply helps whoever is kind to him even if they are bad people. If someone was nice to me, but they also beat their children, I wouldn't help them. evil  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:30 pm
Dobby...hands down.  

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

silvr_breez

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:10 am
Personally, I think Kreacher has an interesting character.I believe he's simply misunderstood. Dobby though, is loyal and hard-working.He was nice all throughout the series. Though I must say I like Kreacher best because I like evil-cute things.Okay, he's not really cute, but whatever.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:06 am
bondfreak05
KimCL
Dobby is really annoying though, always burning and hitting himself because he's a traitor to the Malfoys!
That's true but it is better than going to Bellatrix Lestrange and selling out Sirius
yah at least dobbie fight for the greater good but kreatcher was used to his old master being nice to him and everyone was mean so he was mean because they were so its all about the environment they were raised in.  

ZackyBakerVengeance

Liberal Entrepreneur

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:33 am
User Image
It wasn't all about the environment they were raised in. Plenty of House elves lived in the same sort of environment as Dobby, but he's the only one that rebelled. The others just shut up and took it. Winky was raised by Barty Crouch, who was obviously abusive, and she was still loyal to a fault, even after he dismissed her. And some people try to say 'well maybe he was nice to her at home' but I find this very unlikely based on the scene at the QWC and his reaction to Bertha Jorkins finding out about his son. I think that he was probably every bit as mean to her as Lucius was to Dobby. And you can't tell me that a sicko like Barty Jr. didn't abuse her when he was coherent. And there's no evidence that all of the Black family was nice to Kreacher. Just Regulus. And considering the fact that Regulus was willing to join Voldemort, he probably wasn't nice to him all his life. I would be willing to bet that for most of Kreacher's life, Walburga and the other Blacks treated him far worse than Sirius did. Kreacher had been brainwashed, just like Winky, into being loyal to his mistress and her ideals. Because of this, he was a bitter, angry house elf. When Harry and Hermione and Ron showed interest in the only person who had ever been kind to him, it created the same connection between Harry and Kreacher that Harry had with Dobby for setting him free.

Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff