*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
Marriage

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I love Jesus, Yes I do. I love Jesus, How 'bout you?
  Yes
  YEAH, JESUS IS MY HERO!
  No.
View Results

Black.Irish.Kero.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:44 pm
I love Jesus Christ soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!

You don't have to be married to be here.

I have a question about marriage, though

In First Timothy(Or Second, Im not sure), the Bible(the book for me) gives the rules and guidelines for Elders and Deacons of the Church.

It also talks about how the Elder/Deacon's wife should be quiet and submissive. It also mentions how the Elder/Deacon should be a good leader to his family.

I do not believe the Bible is ours to interpret, but rather for us to read and God to tell us the words. (Either directly or through someone or something).

Have any of you asked God about this topic? Do you think that it is necessary for the man to be married, or is it just in case he is?

I am a female, and am not feeling called to apply as an Elder or Deacon in my church.

Has God told any of you the answer to whether or not a man should be married and have a family?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:08 pm
1 Tim 3, the supposition is that if a man desires a position such as that, which requires nobility, then he should have Christian experience. He should know the ways of the Christian faith in the most personal manner, by living with them and thus being able not only to minister but to lead the faithful by example as the Pharisees whom Jesus condemned had not done in the past. The qualification of marriage seems to come exactly from that point, that if you cannot or have not live(d) with it, then you should not teach it for you would be a hypocrite. However, we also see that marriage is not absolutely necessary, but the requirement of living a life that is Christianlike in every possible aspect is absolutely required.

And, remember, "those who serve well as deacons gain good standing and much confidence in their faith in Christ Jesus," but not all are called to be servants of the Lord through Deaconship.  

IcarusDream

Black.Irish.Kero.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:22 pm
Thanks for answering.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:32 am
Wait...

any men, or just those who want to be church leaders?

If any men, then the Bible tells all men to get married, unless that are not bothered by the desires of the flesh or something like that (in all probability, this means asexual).

I'd also say the same for church elders, as they could suffer form the same desires of the flesh, and need respite from them just as normal men do. Or htey could not.  

ioioouiouiouio

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:23 am
1 cor 10  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:09 pm
wives-

proverbs 31  

promised_child

Debate and Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash