Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply Theist to Atheist Q&A
My Curious Questions to All Atheists Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:04 pm
1) Do you believe in an after life? If yes, what kind, if not and you believe in nothing after you die then why?

I believe in nothing after I die, why? Where the hell are all the people that died going to go? When the animals die, where do they go? Germs and plants are technically alive, where do they go? There are too many classifications of things to namely list ONE destination. It makes a hell lot more sense that we'd all just stop existing...that we wouldn't even KNOW we've stopped existing.

2) Do you believe in spirits? If not, why? If yes, where do you think they came from?
No, because I have yet to see proof of such.

3) If you don't believe in God, do you believe in Satan?
I used to actually praise one of each at a point: Now? Off with them!

4)If you don't believe in God, is there something else you believe firmly in?
SCIENCE: I'LL MAKE SCIENCE TO IT!

5)what do you believe regarding how came into existence?

The universe was fully dark matter: Perhaps some curious life forms in another dimension (or ourselves in another time period) sent their own form of matter into this dimension (if you know anything about matter and dark matter: You'll know you get a HELL of a boom when the two collide)...the unstable reaction to both forms of matter created a colossal explosion and spread like wild-fire! Normal matter was created, Dark energy was created! Atoms became stable and started bonding with each other! Minerals started coming into existence! Stars were born, meteorites were formed, they orbited the sun a few times, collided with each-other, and made EARTH! Earth was hit with an icey meteorite: primordial soup theory takes place which creates amino acids out of the chemical reactions, life emerges, life evolves, life flourishes, boom.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:53 am
I'll only anwer the top three:
1: Yes I do believe in an afterlife. The Alein Kind. You die. You transfer life.
2: I believe in Angels, Not the kinds with wings or halos. The kind that you control
3:No.  

D4t45t234m

3,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:11 am
1) Do you believe in an after life? If yes, what kind, if not and you believe in nothing after you die then why?
I'm not sure about this one, an after life is somethng I should experience to fully accept or dismiss, I think. I just don't know where the idea of an afterlife came from!

2) Do you believe in spirits? If not, why? If yes, where do you think they came from?
Spirits are classified as something paranormal, right? If so, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

No :l

4)If you don't believe in God, is there something else you believe firmly in? Even if its a logical reasoning?
I firmly belive nobody knows the truth.

5)What do you believe regarding how came into existence?
Well, I wasn't there when it all happened, so, I really can't answer this one. Maybe we just CAN'T know it all.
However, God makes as much sence as the Big Bang to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:13 am
While it may sound sadist or bad, I do not. I believe that when you die, your body decomposes and provides nutrients to the world around it. Then you have the infinite void called nothing. No sight, no sound, no memories, no future, no past, no thought, no recollection, no understanding that you're in nothing. Literally: nothing.

That's a hard one to answer. : I suppose in a small sense, yes.

No.

4)If you don't believe in God, is there something else you believe firmly in? Even if its a logical reasoning?
I believe that this is the only life you will ever have, and each person should enjoy each second of it to the fullest.

5)What do you believe regarding how came into existence?
I try not to ponder questions like that; those are the ones that create chaos. However, I do not necessarily agree with the Big Bang theory, while I also do not disagree with the Creation theory. Nothing cannot simply create something with a poof.  

zen traveler

Dabbler

Caffeinated Tea

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:49 am

Well, since death is when your body and brain essentially "shut down" for want of a better term, I believe that there is no afterlife, that is to say, that I don't believe that my consciousness would continue after I die. And if there were I wouldn't really be able to enjoy it what with me being physically incapacitated and all. owo No brain function and such.

And if I had a choice, I'd choose being re-incarnated an infinite number of times to having to live the same life for eternity.

Nope.

Nope. Satan is an Abrahamic concept, and I'm not religious in any way.

Even if its a logical reasoning?

Sure. Logic is good.

I believe that either
a) The universe has always existed or
b) see "Big Bang" Theory.

As to how life came to be, something to do with basic proteins forming in the right kind of environment, more complex proteins, proteins linked together under special conditions with certain chemicals and compounds and BAM, spark, simplest one-cell life forms.

I don't know the exact process.

From there it was evolution.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:21 pm

When we die, we decay just as everything else does. I believe there is no afterlife because there is absolutely no evidence for it.

No. Just as fanciful as the afterlife.

Why should I? Satan is from the same stories as the Judeo-Christian god, which I don't believe in. Do you believe in Loki?

Even if its a logical reasoning?

Perlism: physical evidence and reasoned logic, courtesy of thunderf00t.

5)What do you believe regarding how we came into existence?

Science has no real consensus yet, as abiogenesis is still being worked on, so I can say with firm conviction "I don't know."  

Calamity Rose

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:11 pm
I'm an Atheist. Therefor no. Atheists believe in NO deity.

I do not. Spirits don't make sense to me. There may be a possibility of brain-wave virtual existence but that's it.

Atheists don't believe in God, so no. I feel offended by this in a way, really. Were aren't satanists.
( Besides, you can't have one without the other. )

4)If you don't believe in God, is there something else you believe firmly in? So religion ISN'T logical reasoning? ?_?
I believe in possible current answers that make the most sense.
In other words, I'm a skeptic Atheist. I'll just go with Stephen Hawkings on this and say that everything was creating from the dense exposure explosion of current matter...or something as such.

Already answered in number four.

Shinzo suggests you research the full definition of Atheist.
When you do, then you know the basic form of us.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:18 pm
Captain_Shinzo

I do not. Spirits don't make sense to me. There may be a possibility of brain-wave virtual existence but that's it.

Atheists don't believe in God, so no. I feel offended by this in a way, really. Were aren't satanists.

4)If you don't believe in God, is there something else you believe firmly in? So religion ISN'T logical reasoning? ?_?
In other words, I'm a skeptic Atheist. I'll just go with Stephen Hawkings on this and say that everything was creating from the dense exposure explosion of current matter...or something as such.

My seiments exactly, thank you for showering 'enlightenment' Shinzo. I feel that people simply go out. If everything has to have an end, why can't humans? Are you that afraid of death? Don't be. You suffer in life, not death. Death is the end, because everything must come to an end even human 'souls' if you believe in such things.  

BlackAngelDust

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:24 pm
BlackAngelDust
Captain_Shinzo

My seiments exactly, thank you for showering 'enlightenment' Shinzo. I feel that people simply go out. If everything has to have an end, why can't humans? Are you that afraid of death? Don't be. You suffer in life, not death. Death is the end, because everything must come to an end even human 'souls' if you believe in such things.

Hrm...death had nothing really to do with my answers.
Just Atheism. The questions were very disturbing because they were all NOT Atheist related.
Belieing in God, Satan, spirits, ect...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:35 pm
Heh, I suppose that was a little morbid. What I meant was that Atheism means that you believe there is nothing out there, such as God and other things that people come up with. I just felt like tacking Death to the end of my post.  

BlackAngelDust

MemoriesThatKill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:00 pm

I personally believe in reincarnation. It's not based on any sort of evidence, it's just something I feel. That being said I will fully admit I don't know for sure and don't mind that other people don't feel the same way. It's just one of those things.

I think a lot of religious groups live their life preparing for death. Trying to get into heaven or whathaveyou. I don't put much thought into it, because the thought of death doesn't scare me. Perhaps it's because I believe in reincarnation or maybe it's because I just want to live life rather than prepare for death.

I believe in souls, yes. I personally think they were created through our own will. In essence I created my own soul, my own conciousness, through my will. Again, this is just what I think, not base on fact, really. Just my idea. Could be right, could be wrong. Right now we don't know.

This is actually a very silly question. It's kind of like the general assumption by a lot of Judeo-Christians that anyone who isn't of their religion is a devil worshipper. It makes no sense for an Atheist to believe in satan, because Satan is basically a deity, a type of God.

I believe in Justice. My understanding of Justice and Truth. True Justice, if you will. I don't mean to talk in circles, if that's what it sounds like. I'm at work and multi-tasking. wink The base nature in me to see other people healthy and happy. A strong distaste for criminal behavior. I suppose it is the law of nature that I would most abide by. And Respect, and Honesty. Honesty is very important.

I personally believe it doesn't matter. But I think that in time, as our knowledge of the universe progresses, we will find out one of these days exactly how it works.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:07 pm
MemoriesThatKill

This is actually a very silly question. It's kind of like the general assumption by a lot of Judeo-Christians that anyone who isn't of their religion is a devil worshipper. It makes no sense for an Atheist to believe in satan, because Satan is basically a deity, a type of God.

and now someone understands why some of the questions offended me. =____=  

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

MemoriesThatKill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:26 pm
@Shinzo: In the original one I wrote, I actually mentioned that that was a rather offensive "Statement in a Question". But forgot to metion it when I had to re-type it because Gaia is weird. I feel you, brother. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:54 pm

I don't believe in an after life. I don't believe in anything because it doesn't seem logical to me.

Nope.

But, I DO enjoy watching Ghost Adventures and seeing those 30-something men piss themselves when they hear the upstairs floor creak a bit.

No, I don't believe in any higher power being-thing.

Karma, I guess. I'm not like a OMG I MUST DOO GOOD CAUSE GOOD WILL HAPUN BUT IF I DOO BAD I WILL BE PUNISHED karma beleiver.

Well one day in the mid-nineties my mom and dad....  

I Am A Mountie

Radical Hypocrisy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:17 am

No, I feel better knowing that my time is precious and therefore best spent doing something worthwhile and fun. To wit: Live hard, die young, and leave a bloody smear on the pavement with some impressed friends.

No, the spark that makes humans 'human' dies with the brain.

No, I believe that Humans created Satan as a way to justify everything they do wrong. Not so much "Satan is speaking to me through my neighbors dog" but more "Satan has perverted my purpose and undermined my real ambitions"

I believe in a total Quantum State of the universe. That is to say 100% total randomness in all things. 1:1 odds on all non-observable phenomena. As to why I still don't believe in God despite? I personally feel that there was no creator, and we're all one big random happy accident. The fact that there might or might not be a God (Or, technically, that there is and is not a God at the same time) does not alter my belief.

Strong Anthropic Principal pretty much sums this one up for me. Put simply, the only reason we exist is because the universe in one of infinite number that just so happens to support human life due to the perfect storm of electromagnetic/gravitational/weak/strong nuclear forces.

The only reason it looks so perfectly designed is because if it weren't, if, say, gravity, were weaker by .00000001% we wouldn't be here to marvel at how perfect it is anyway. It only looks tailor made because we can't exist in any other universe.

As for humans, specifically, I just go with the whole Random theory up there. There are an infinite number of universes that match ours, just as there are an infinite number that don't. The odds are literally 1:1 that a mediocre spiral galaxy would form, containing a mediocre star, orbited by a mediocre planet, which would give random cause to mediocre little demi-monkeys, which would soon pick up a mediocre sharp stick, and stab his mediocre fellow demi-monkey and spawn human civilization.

Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying, And Love Infinite Probability.  
Theist to Atheist Q&A

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff