*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Prayer Requests
I need your opinion and prayer!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you feel about shacking up with a future hubby?
  I feel that it is wrong, the Bible says such things are so.
  I believe...I don't know what I believe.
  I don't care.
  I believe that people should have the freedom to do what ever the heck they want, regardless of the heartbreak they may create in thier tracks.
View Results

Emeraldemily

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:18 pm
I have a friend that has moved in with her "love of her life" and she professes to be Christian. I believe that moving in with a future hubby, that she didn't really like a month ago, is the same as sexual immorality. Now, I have told her this and so much more, but she is soo stuck in the "i want" stage that I think that she has to make a HUGE mistake in order to see that what she is doing is wrong. She grew up in a frazzled childhood, both her parents were drug abusers and crazy heads. She brings this up all the time I tell her what she is doing is wrong, it's like a guilt trip for anyone that comes along, like she enjoys getting pity, which is probably the point. But anyway, I don't know what to do. The Bible says that when one sees a follower of Christ falling you are to talk to him or her one on one. And when she or he refuses to understand, then you bring a "witness" if she still refuses, then you bring her before the congregation and show them what she is doing. HOW do I go about doing this? WHAT do I do, now that she is bitter and stupid towards me? I KNOW I am right and so does she, but she refuses to put down her pride and do what's right. If she does not, I expect her to follow the same emberressing trail that her younger brother is following, she WILL get pregnant, by this guy. I won't even give hima second thought, due to the fact that he is soooo willing to live with her, I doubt that he is a Christian too. SO...what do you guys think I shoud do?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:11 pm

My only idea is to persist in telling her that she shouldn't. Her moving in with him is setting herself in temptations way. I'll pray for strength for you and that God would lay it on her heart to do the right thing.

Everything that happens, happens because God wants it to for whatever reason he has.

Stay strong!
-Pagne

Azarhael Morganti

Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas