Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Fertility and Gynecology Subforum
Smell

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bunniegurl123

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:59 am
Ok, so I don't really know what the v****a is supposed to smell like. But, I'm 15 and sometimes there is a mild smell and sometimes there is no smell at all. Also, I sometimes have a light yellowish discharge. Is this normal? I know it's not a yeast infection, could it be a different infection?  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:43 am
The v****a is supposed to have a smell. Usually, it should be mild enough that you can't always smell yourself. Other people should definitely not be able to smell you from across the room when you are fully clothed or anything like that. xp If you notice your smell seems really strong or really fishy (vaginas always smell a bit fishy to me), that's when you should talk to an ob-gyn.

Normal discharge is clear, white, or a very light yellow. It might be so light yellow that it looks white, but then you will notice over time, it will stain the crotch of your underwear a pale yellow if they are a light color. If your discharge is really clumpy like cottage cheese, or if it is green, or foamy/frothy looking, that is when you would want to go to an ob-gyn.

So what you described sounds normal, but you can always have an ob-gyn take a look to make sure if you are still unsure. It's tough for us to diagnose anyone over the internet.  

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

darkecrow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:53 pm
a v****a and p***s both have a smell but usally you cant smell it on your self i dont know about the discharge and my dad is a obgyn  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:24 am
That sounds perfectly normal, you might also find the smell changes on what you eat ect and things like that, so if you have a smelly day think back on what you ate and that could be a trigger... Because I noticed eating alot of garlic changes my smell sweatdrop On discharge Lorien gave the best advise, a small amount of discharge is normal, it's your v****a keeping itself clean and moist.  

cuddly toy

greenandpinkneon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:13 pm
One thing that might help is to wear cotton panties for a little while, if you are wearing thongs, or silk material. Wearing cotton for a little while will allow some air flow between your v****a and articals of clothing. This will help "freshen up" the smell of your v****a. Also, if you would like to try, douche is another option if you think your v****a smells unusally bad.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:12 pm
greenandpinkneon
One thing that might help is to wear cotton panties for a little while, if you are wearing thongs, or silk material. Wearing cotton for a little while will allow some air flow between your v****a and articals of clothing. This will help "freshen up" the smell of your v****a. Also, if you would like to try, douche is another option if you think your v****a smells unusally bad.

Hope this helps.

Just wanted to add a note about douche: Most women should never use douche. Ever. Ob-gyns do not recommend it for the vast majority of women. A healthy v****a can clean itself by using a delicate balance of bacteria and yeast. Douching upsets that delicate balance, putting women who douche at a much greater risk of getting a vaginal infection. If a woman has a vaginal infection, douching can then spread that infection to the uterus. So never douche unless your ob-gyn told you to (and chances are she never will).

Here is a good site for those who want more information on douching: http://www.4woman.gov/faq/douching.htm  

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:26 pm
my smell changes when i'm closer to my period, i think it's more strong, or when it's hotter tempatures outside
it's ok to have discharge, you're supposed to
it sounds normal to me
i'd probably say it's nothing to worry about
but if the smell isn't the same and it changes or if the discharge changes, that's not too normal  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:54 am
★ - - - Those who criticize our generation...

You are nothing but a big ball of normal-ness. :]

Chances are though, that if it's any other color than white, check with your doc. ;]

...seem to have forgotten who raised it. - - - ★

FushigiReiMule

Fertility and Gynecology Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces