Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
Harry and Horcruxes Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:33 pm
So, when Dumbledore was telling Harry about horcruxes, did anyone else immediately think that Harry himself might be one (or his scar).

I think it makes some sense (though I'm not completely sold on it myself, yet, since it is a little hard to figure out how it could happen) and would more aptly explain the link between Harry and Voldemort and why Harry inherited some of his powers. After all, the link seems mostly one-sided, as Voldemort did not seem to be feeling Harry's emotions or viewing his reality in his dreams the way Harry was experiencing his (It wasn't until the snake attack that Voldemort recognized Harry's presence).

I do think that this would be accidental, since it was Voldemort's intention to kill Harry. Since we don't know how a horcrux is made exactly, it's hard to say how this could happen; is it a spell performed afterwards usually, or does it have to do with the intention when one commits the murder (you're not just intending to kill, but also to put your soul into something at the same time)? If it's the former, then obviously, Voldemort did not have the opportunity to perform the spell after the Avada Kedavra rebounded, but perhaps something else made it happen. If it's the latter, then he would have had the intention twice, therefore making two horcruxes: once when he killed Lily (on accident), and again when the curse rebounded on him (Or would it? After all, he himself technically didn't die, but then wouldn't a horcrux created by killing Lily be focused where he wanted, since he was still conscious, and therefore probably would not go in Harry?). It could also be something different totally. When the curse rebounded, after all, it made Voldemort not only the killer, but the victim. Since we know that killing splits the soul, what happens to the soul when it is hit by an Avada Kedavra while being split?

This is all a bit sketchy still, but I think if Harry (or his scar) is indeed a horcrux, it would explain so much and allow for an interesting ending.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:51 pm
Very intersting theory, and one that cannot be overlooked. It's very plausible that Harry could be one. However, in the book, Dumbledore also said that HAD Voldermort succeeded, Harry would have been a Horcrux sacrifice. So, one has to wonder if Harry is anyway.  

darkangeloflight14

Baby Phantomhive
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:25 pm
Woah... That nearly makes sense. So very traumatic and interesting if it's true! I can't wait to find out.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:02 pm
That's PURE INSANITY! I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT! Oh GOD! Beautiful.

But one TINY flaw. The prophecy-see, neither can live while the other survives-if Harry died because he was one of them Voldie would to. And if Voldie died he'd still be alive in Harry.  

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

Baby Phantomhive
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:19 pm
You remember what Dumbeldore babbled about the Prophecy though? Voldemort only made part of it come true out of fear that it was real. I guess I'm a little pessimistic about divination as well, but maybe things aren't going to happen exactly as predicted.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:42 am
I never thought it but it sounds like it could be true. The Horcrux is connected to the other souls so that would explain why Harry can feel Voldemort's feelings some times.  

chompygirl692

Isotropes

Magnetic Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:00 am
But didn't Dumbledore say that a Horcrux had to be an object? Then the theory wouldn't work. Because Harry's Scar isn't really and "object". But otherwise it is a good theory.

But it does have a lot coliding with my theory. I think that they will both die together. A lot like DragonHeart. Because one cannot live while the other survives... Butthey are living. So I think that somehow in their ties if one dies, so will the other. Since they share things, powerful emotions and thoughts.

But maybe, maybe, Harry has to die to make Voldemort completely mortal? Maybe thats why one cannot live while the other survives. Because one will always live a half life... Maybe for Voldemort to be killed Harry has to sacrifice himself?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:15 am
BeeBrittney
But didn't Dumbledore say that a Horcrux had to be an object? Then the theory wouldn't work. Because Harry's Scar isn't really and "object". But otherwise it is a good theory.

He said it could be an animal (Nagini), so I don't think that it has to be an object. He didn't say that it couldn't be a human. I think that most people wouldn't choose a living thing, since that means their horcrux would die eventually, but if it's accidental, I don't see why not.  

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

Isotropes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:17 am
KirikoAkushi
BeeBrittney

He said it could be an animal (Nagini), so I don't think that it has to be an object. He didn't say that it couldn't be a human. I think that most people wouldn't choose a living thing, since that means their horcrux would die eventually, but if it's accidental, I don't see why not.

Hmm. That is a valid point. Maybe your right, it is a very good theory otherwise. It could make A LOT of sense too.

I want to look into this more now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:18 pm
I am completely sold on this theory. Also, in an interveiw, JKR was asked about why Harry had a link to Voldie, and she said she couldn't tell because it was a core part of the plot.  

Empress_Kat
Crew

Unwritten Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:49 pm
Could work out that it's an important part that way, but I don't want to believe that Voldemort's relying on Harry to stay immortal. Wouldn't that make Harry feel useless?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:03 pm
Another thing I realized is that J.K Rowling said that Harry's Scar has a LOT of importance, and that we would learn more about it's importance in HBP. Well, I didn't see anything concrete... maybe we did learn a lot indirectly, because it's a horcrux?

Just a thought...

Isotropes

[~Uzumaki_Naruto~]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:19 pm
It's a beautiful theory, but if Harry was a horcrux, why would Voldemort want to kill him? o.O; And what about the whole Voldemort needing Harry's Blood to come back so he could break his mom's sacrafical spell-thingy?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:20 pm
Empress_Kat
I am completely sold on this theory. Also, in an interveiw, JKR was asked about why Harry had a link to Voldie, and she said she couldn't tell because it was a core part of the plot.

Hm...does anyone smell a major plot twist coming?  

darkangeloflight14

Empress_Kat
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:25 pm
Cos-mos7
It's a beautiful theory, but if Harry was a horcrux, why would Voldemort want to kill him? o.O; And what about the whole Voldemort needing Harry's Blood to come back so he could break his mom's sacrafical spell-thingy?

My theory is that if Voldemort killed Harry, the soul-part would go back to Voldemort. That's why he hasn't just had one if the other DE's kill Harry at some point.

As for the blood, I think it could have been blood of any of Voldie's enemies, Voldie just wanted the dramatic effect of Harry being the one to help him come back, and Lily's spell-thing breaking was more of a side-effect. I could be wrong there, though.  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff