100%
 100%  [ 19 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

bigb00tygurl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:09 pm
right, so i dunno if this is considered a spoiler but i'm gonna talk about the book so i spose it is considered one. now, my one friend called me a dork for crying and the other one said "oh god, then i know i'll cry cuz i cried when sirius died" i just cannot believe dumbledore actually died. and i cant believe snape killed him....traitor. and speaking of snape....HIM?! the HBP, there's something i never expected. and he doesn't deserve that title. who all cried and/or is pissed with the results of the story?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:30 am
You're not alone on the crying part.

crying

He was my favourit character. crying  

chibi_chan
Crew

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:22 am
I cried so much crying

The whole time I thought the HBP was Tom even though she said it wasn't. Then they talked about leaving souls and what not and I said 'OBVIOUSLY TOM' then . . .oh when was it. I believe when Snape asked to see the books I was like 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAY!' Never would have guessed.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:41 am
I cried previously due to the fact I was tricked into reading the spoiler. SO I already was mentally prepared for it during the book. I did cry for a long time when I found out.

And I tottaly neglected the thought of him as the HBP due to the fact, I assumed he was pure-blood. I mean, he is head of Slytherin house. But I guess since Salazar Slytherin died, all blood lines have been accepted.

I thought Dumbledore could die... But killed by Snape? Wow, that was deffinately not expected. I thought, Snape had a hard life and made some bad choices, and although he had a lot of spite towards certain students... that inside he was good. But now I know he is a coward. Choosing the side that will save his a**.

And so much couples going on, eh?

Isotropes

Magnetic Conversationalist

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:47 am
BeeBrittney
I cried previously due to the fact I was tricked into reading the spoiler. SO I already was mentally prepared for it during the book. I did cry for a long time when I found out.

And I tottaly neglected the thought of him as the HBP due to the fact, I assumed he was pure-blood. I mean, he is head of Slytherin house. But I guess since Salazar Slytherin died, all blood lines have been accepted.

I thought Dumbledore could die... But killed by Snape? Wow, that was deffinately not expected. I thought, Snape had a hard life and made some bad choices, and although he had a lot of spite towards certain students... that inside he was good. But now I know he is a coward. Choosing the side that will save his a**.

SO MANY! EVERYONE! It was insane.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:14 am
Sakura_kura
BeeBrittney

SO MANY! EVERYONE! It was insane.

I know. @_@ I thought it could have been spread out, I mean, even Tonks and Lupin, which is cute but it just seemed so much.

But I am so Happy everybody see's that H/Hr doesn't exsist. It will never happen. XD

And H/G is too boring. =/

Isotropes

bigb00tygurl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:30 pm
i honestly didn't like this book that much. i mean, JKR's style just seemed different. it seemed like a really long fanfic. there were too many relationships in the story. i spit out my drink when lavender called ron "won-won" *sigh* i dunno, i just really didn't like her style in this one.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:12 pm
bigb00tygurl
i honestly didn't like this book that much. i mean, JKR's style just seemed different. it seemed like a really long fanfic. there were too many relationships in the story. i spit out my drink when lavender called ron "won-won" *sigh* i dunno, i just really didn't like her style in this one.

I agree, it didn't seem like JKR was writing it at all. I'm still waiting for the news reports that say it's all a joke and the real HBP will be relased later.

Now, to discuss my opinions on the book, and Severus Snape.

What the hell is wrong with you all, with the entire bloody fandom? Yeah. Snape killed Dumbledore. That's fact. Snape is evil is not fact. Snape is a loyal Death Eater is not fact, either. Snape is a coward is the farthest from fact anyone has ever come. And that anyone would say that really pisses me off.

Dumbledore was going to die. On that tower. He was already really weak, so that rules out a lot of wandless magic, and there was a whole school of Death Eaters there for the sole purpose of seeing Dumbledore dead. In killing him, Severus not only saved his own life, Draco's life, and Narcissa's life, but also kept Draco from becoming a murderer.

Dumbledore knew Draco was supposed to kill him, and knew of the unbreakable vow. He ordered Sev to kill him if it came to that. It did, and he still had to beg Severus to get him to do it.

I'm going to quote someone from a different site here:

Quote:
Snape gazed for a moment at Dumbledore, and there was revulsion and hatred etched in the harsh lines of his face.

'Severus ... please ..."

Does anyone seriously believe that Dumbledore was pleading to Severus for his life? They’re locked in an impossible situation – four DE’s and Draco as witnesses – what could Snape do but kill him? And we’re seeing Snape’s facial expressions from Harry’s POV. Would it be revulsion and hatred on Severus’ face that Dumbledore is forcing him to kill? Would Harry recognize regret and anger if he saw it?

Remember what Severus promised Narcissa? To watch over him, to protect him from harm, and to carry out the deed if Draco should fail. Are we expected to believe that Dumbledore wasn’t informed of the vow? If Severus was to break it, what would happen? Snape would be dead, Draco would be killed by the other DE’s or Voldie for failing, and Dumbledore would still be put to death by the DE’s. Seriously, and strategically, he had to kill Dumbledore.

Empress_Kat
Crew

bigb00tygurl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:38 pm
Empress_Kat

Now, to discuss my opinions on the book, and Severus Snape.

(blah blah blah, i deleted it so as not to waste room-bigb00tygurl)

you know, when i finished reading that, it made a lot of sense. i agree with you. i wish a news report would come out and say its a joke too, i didn't like it at all. see, when dumbledore said "severus please" i was thinking more along the lines of like "severus please help me" and stuff like that you know. but on the whole, i agree with you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:48 pm
The whole Dumbledore/Snape thing irks me. First off, Dumbledore was NOT in the best of health. I mean, he was all but poisioned, and his health was severely declining since he entered the tower. So, perhaps it was a mercy killing? Sure, Snape had to keep his end of the Vow, but perhaps Snape had to do it because he saw it in Dumbledore's eyes, that the end was coming anyways.  

darkangeloflight14

EmotionalElement

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:34 am
Ok great I wasn't the only one who cryed.

Yes about the writing of the book. It did sound kind of fanficish[I don't even think that is a word]. The beginning was some what confusing. I kind of ingored that part and continued to read anyway. I cept on wondering if the Prince's book was one of Voldemorts but then I was reading on Mugglenet.com that JKR said that nither Harry nor Voldemort was the prince. I was kind of surprised to see that Sanpe was. I would like to know why Dumbledore trusted Snape so much. He really didn't said.

Ahh I complete missed a whole either page!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:09 am
EmotionalElement
Ok great I wasn't the only one who cryed.

Yes about the writing of the book. It did sound kind of fanficish[I don't even think that is a word]. The beginning was some what confusing. I kind of ingored that part and continued to read anyway. I cept on wondering if the Prince's book was one of Voldemorts but then I was reading on Mugglenet.com that JKR said that nither Harry nor Voldemort was the prince. I was kind of surprised to see that Sanpe was. I would like to know why Dumbledore trusted Snape so much. He really didn't said.

Ahh I complete missed a whole either page!

I cried. I cried for way too long. But I was also crying because I had the book spoiled to me... Oh those selfish a*****e's who scanned the page a day early. I was balling for almost 4 hours due to those two factors, Dumbledore's death and that I found out early.

Although I am over it now and have learned to STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNET a few day previous to the next books opening... Because I could NEVER spoil the next events...

Isotropes

King_me_Macabre

5,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:32 pm
It's said, but I amde myself stay clam, is orta knew he would die, because, they started getting a better friendship...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:11 pm
i cried and closed the book for a halfan hour and then i read on i was still crying through the last chapter the white tomb. and the second time i read through it i cried still but only with my left eye its funny.  

Potter351

Potter351

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:13 pm
to sad but i still think is inocent  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items