Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
Best music to read with? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dirtay Emo Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:08 am
Well, when i was reading Inkheart (Not Harry Potter, obviously) all i listened to was my 'Songs About Jane' Maroon Five cd. And now when i hear that song i think of the book. What do you guys listen to when you're reading, whether it be Harry Potter or something else. ...?

xD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:11 am
Hmm, well since i like classical music (i'm weird like that) i think that might be good too...  

Dirtay Emo Bunny

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:34 am
Senior year of high school, we were reading "Tess of the D'Urbervilles" by Thomas Hardy, and I decided to make it more interesting by listening to Final Fantasy music, specifically, the piano versions of songs from FFIX. Unfortunately, now I associate those songs with that horrible book. I still like using video game music though; sometimes it can really enhance scenes in a book when the music is appropriate.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:48 am
I personally don't like to listen to music while reading a book. It changes the emotions the writer wanted you to have. So I read in silence.

Although classical music could be nice. Nothing with lyrics.

3nodding

Isotropes

Magnetic Conversationalist

Dirtay Emo Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:00 pm
Indeed.

3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:15 pm
Homg. I AM SO EXCITED. @_@ Jeez. I cannot even do anything without thinking about how my life is not complete without that book.

gonk

Isotropes

Magnetic Conversationalist

Dirtay Emo Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:22 pm
BeeBrittney
Homg. I AM SO EXCITED. @_@ Jeez. I cannot even do anything without thinking about how my life is not complete without that book.

gonk

My aunt, she got me 30 dollars and so ima buy the book with it. And then i'll her and she'll be all omfgwthkickureass!!! but not that violent. At all. Haha.

So you're in ravenclaw? I'm going to be, or at least i hope to be. They're the 'smart' house. And yet we're lacking most in points...

Ya know, Hermione should be a Ravenclaw. She's like the best witch prolly in the whole school. Except for maybe the teachers and possibly the 7th years.

-thumbs up-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:47 pm
I agree with Bee. I don't listen to music while reading. But if it would be music, then I'd choose classical music.  

chibi_chan
Crew

Baby Phantomhive
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:33 pm
i like listening to the classical radio, ffvii soundtrack, but mostly Yanni. anyone familiar with Yanni? i swear that man is awesome!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:01 pm
I don't listen to music either, but if I would have to, I would probably listen to my Fullmetal Alchemist soundtrack since only three of the songs have vocals on it. That and it gets on my sister's nerves so I would be left alone while I read. 3nodding  

Fuzziball Fai
Fezziwig Jr

Scrappy Pilot

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:28 pm
I enjoy listening to oldies. But then again I always listen to them. Ah good times.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:38 pm
I like to listen to Japanese music when I'm reading. But then again, I like to listen to Jap music no matter what I'm doing. It's an odd obsession of mine. But yeah, that way I'm not distracted by lyrics, plus it's not quiet.  

Empress_Kat
Crew

darkangeloflight14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:20 pm
I listen to just about anything...I've developed the ability to tune out music when I'm reading, and just focus on the story. It's a neat trick, really. neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:17 pm
Empress_Kat
I like to listen to Japanese music when I'm reading. But then again, I like to listen to Jap music no matter what I'm doing. It's an odd obsession of mine. But yeah, that way I'm not distracted by lyrics, plus it's not quiet.
Yay! Another person who likes Japanese music! *throws confetti* Mwahahaha!  

Fuzziball Fai
Fezziwig Jr

Scrappy Pilot

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:20 pm
Empress_Kat
Ditto.  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces