What do you think about Wiccans and Pagans? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Luthien123-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:33 am
Hi
I was just wondering what your thoughts were on these people. Are the misguided? Satans People? Pm me or reply here!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:20 am
wiccans and witches are misguided, and although they dont believe it they are satans people.  

promised_child

Metanoeo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:01 pm
Luthien123
Hi
I was just wondering what your thoughts were on these people. Are the misguided? Satans People? Pm me or reply here!

Wiccans and other Pagans will deny that Satan as their master since they themselves don't believe in the Satan. However, I do believe that they have been deceived and guilty of breaking the Law of Nature.

Romans 1:18-25
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:35 pm
reformed,
just wondering, how would you witness to a witch or wiccan?  

promised_child

Metanoeo

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:58 am
promised_child
reformed,

You would have to show the Wiccan that they are depraved sinners who needs the Savior and the Righteous King... Jesus Christ. You would have to tell them that they need to be spiritually born again in order to have eternal life. After that, I would pray for their Salvation and let God do the rest.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:39 pm
Reformed Baptist
promised_child
reformed,

You would have to show the Wiccan that they are depraved sinners who needs the Savior and the Righteous King... Jesus Christ. You would have to tell them that they need to be spiritually born again in order to have eternal life. After that, I would pray for their Salvation and let God do the rest.

why would you call them depraved? what makes them any more depraved than other sinner? God equates all sins equally.

Quote:
de·praved /dɪˈpreɪvd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-preyvd] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective corrupt, wicked, or perverted.

when i was a witch, that would have insulted me and i wouldnt have listened to you.

on the road to their salvation, you have just hit a roadblock, you should back up and try another route.

not all witches are wiccans, but all wiccans are witches so if you want to group them all call them witches.  

promised_child

The Noble Protoman.exe

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:39 am
What is the point of this thread? I mean shouldnt we steer away from strife and such? James 4:1-10

I'm sorry, but my thoughts on people are all the same. No God, no firm concept on creation, nothing.I mean no offense in saying this, but the only person I know who is firm on evolution even claims himself that he doesn't know much...  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:10 pm
i dont necessarily think these guys are satan's people, as you so put, but just simply misguided. if pointed to the right path, and lots of belief and truth, i think they would be able to turn around. and hopefully follow God's path.  

sunshinehearttrob

Zher

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:18 pm
Umm... being as pagan is non-christian, i have nothing wrong with them  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:32 pm
Depraved sinners? We're all sinners. That's a little strong, I happen to agree with promised_child on that. No, the best way is to show them how you are as a christian. There's no easy way to approach people once they're sunk in something. For me, if you were to come and tell me that God wants me to be a writer and not do something with computers, I would turn you away and tell you to let God tell me. Same concept, keep trying. If you keep showing up at my door, I'll probaly start to listen unless you're yelling and telling me how much of a sinner I am. Ultimately, it comes down to you willing to be christian.  

CCubed

Metanoeo

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:02 pm
promised_child
Reformed Baptist
promised_child
reformed,

why would you call them depraved? what makes them any more depraved than other sinner? God equates all sins equally.

Quote:
de·praved /dɪˈpreɪvd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-preyvd] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

when i was a witch, that would have insulted me and i wouldnt have listened to you.

on the road to their salvation, you have just hit a roadblock, you should back up and try another route.

not all witches are wiccans, but all wiccans are witches so if you want to group them all call them witches.

Since the Fall, mankind is depraved in sin. Man does no good, therefore mankind is depraved. This is why we need Christ, to redeem us from sin (state of depravity), making us righteous in Christ. Now, "God equates all sins equally" is erroneous. In regarding to eternal consequences, all sins are the same. Each and every sin will lead to eternal condemnation.

You can have your opinions about witnessing and I'm not even going to argue about witnessing strategies.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:00 pm
Reformed Baptist
promised_child
Reformed Baptist
promised_child
reformed,

Quote:

Since the Fall, mankind is depraved in sin. Man does no good, therefore mankind is depraved. This is why we need Christ, to redeem us from sin (state of depravity), making us righteous in Christ. Now, "God equates all sins equally" is erroneous. In regarding to eternal consequences, all sins are the same. Each and every sin will lead to eternal condemnation.

You can have your opinions about witnessing and I'm not even going to argue about witnessing strategies.

"Man does no good?"

Respectfully, are you lutheran? Are you telling me that taking in a dying puppy and saving it and giving it a warm bed, food, and water is not good? That because of the fall we are incapable of good? There are many times in the bible where someone is praised for their good deeds. In fact, John is called the "Loving Disciple." Are you saying that Loving is bad? Jesus died so we can enter heaven, we are capable of good, because when the thief asked him to remember him when he entered his heaven, he praised the thief's repentence and brought him into heaven.  

CCubed

promised_child

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:20 pm
reformed,

where do you find the word "depraved" in the Bible? mankind is capable of good, after all we are created in Gods image. we as the human race have freewill. good deeds alone wont get you into heaven but as James brother of Jesus puts it "Faith without works is dead." Mother Teresa was a good woman, she CHOSE to be good. Hitler was an evil man. He Chose to be so.

CCubed,
thanks for backin me up on that earlier point.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:02 pm
I agree with it. calling someone depraved is almost as bad as calling them a blasphemer (which blaspheming is the unforgiveable sin).  

CCubed

Metanoeo

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:27 pm
CCubed
Respectfully, are you lutheran? Are you telling me that taking in a dying puppy and saving it and giving it a warm bed, food, and water is not good? That because of the fall we are incapable of good? There are many times in the bible where someone is praised for their good deeds.

The doctrine of total depravity, however does not teach that man is as wicked as he could possibly be. For example, Adolf Hitler, who often serves as the paradigm of human evil, surely had some behavioral patterns that were not utterly base. Perhaps Hitler loved his mother and at times was even kind to her. Total depravity refers to the effect of sin and corruption on the whole person. To be totally depraved is to suffer from corruption that pervades the whole person. Sin affects every aspect of our being: the body, the soul, the mind, the will, and so forth. The total or whole person is corrupted by sin. No vestigial "island of righteousness" escapes the influence of the fall.

Jesus frequently described this condition with images drawn from nature. Just as a corrupt tree yields corrupt fruit, so sin flows out of a corrupt human nature. We are not sinners because we sin; we sin because we are sinners. Since the fall human nature has been corrupt. We are born with a sin nature. Our acts of sin flow out of this corrupted nature.

The Apostle Paul, citing the Old Testament, summarizes the universal condition of sin:

Romans 3:9-18
What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin, as it is written:

“None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”

“Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.”

“The venom of asps is under their lips.”

“Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”

“Their feet are swift to shed blood; in their paths are ruin and misery, and the way of peace they have not known.”

“There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

CCubed
In fact, John is called the "Loving Disciple." Are you saying that Loving is bad? Jesus died so we can enter heaven, we are capable of good, because when the thief asked him to remember him when he entered his heaven, he praised the thief's repentence and brought him into heaven.

Now, I never said that the born again Christian were not capable of doing good. We Christians have been freed from the bondage of sin, counted as righteous, capable of doing good and having the ability to please God.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff