The Qualifications for Jock and Emo... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Schadenfreud
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:43 pm
....and Not-So-Emo-Emo/Not-So-Jock-Jock. Because May and Josh can't make up their minds, apparently. We know they lie.  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:26 am
Jock = plays football
Emo = has black hair (and is not asian)

That's what I used to decide.  

Tinuu
Captain

Excited_Calm

6,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:30 pm
Not sure about emo...

But my experiences with Jocks weren't all bad but most of them were loud, obnoxious, smelly, cheaters, and had super short hair. 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:08 pm
For me, jocks are people who are on a (physical) sports team/club, and emos are overly angsty teens.  

Mikael Hart

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

panda-ne

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:22 pm
Well, in my case all I know about jocks and emos is from the internet or the tv shows I watch. As shocking as it might sound, here in Mexico (originally) there are not such thing as jocks, or emos... not even cheerleaders. Here, you are popular, or not... just like that. There are certain 'social' groups, but not as set as in the states, or canada.

For me, I went down to look for the origin of each groups, (see, emos and jocks). For what I found, and therefore, what they are for me:

Emo: Mostly boys (lately) girls, with a weird fashion trend that swings from bubblegum-pop to punk, emos are somewhere in between. They're utterly emotional people, always crying and so... but lately, it's all about fashion. So now, an emo girl/boy is defined by their haircut and clothing style.

Jocks: Boys that are overly self-confident, they're mostly part of some sport club, they're popular and opposite to the guys who're just in sports and are popular by that, jocks tend to bully the weaklings, and to look for trouble where there's none... in which case, they just creat them.

So, there are my two cents :3

Note: Thanks to Excited_Calm, 'cuz before your comment, I could never understand why Nuu had to always be cutting Josh's hair. I honestly thought it was only his style and not part of the stereotype.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:51 pm
panda-ne: That's similar to what we have here in Singapore. You're either popular or you're not... there's no real emo/jock/whatever classifications. I think that's changing slightly in that people now could look at you and go, "oh, you're emo" - but there's not much negativity associated with that label.

Or maybe that's just me. But I don't think it's permeated the culture here enough to have any sort of impact, whether positive or negative.

And could someone please tell me what a "scene kid" is? *is confuzzled*  

amsdia

Tinuu
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:58 am
Hmmm, this is kinda tricky...
A scene kid is basically an emo kid without the soulful poetry. They tend to dye their hair lots of colours and go to lots of concerts. :/  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:34 am
Tinuu
They tend to dye their hair lots of colours and go to lots of concerts. :/

... that's like half my uni. XD!

Is it just me or are all these labels defined by what you do with your hair...? >_>;  

amsdia

Mikael Hart

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:53 am
amsdia
Tinuu
They tend to dye their hair lots of colours and go to lots of concerts. :/

... that's like half my uni. XD!

Is it just me or are all these labels defined by what you do with your hair...? >_>;

Then what would be considered a nerd's hairstyle? XD

I know skaters = beanie. :9  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:17 pm
Hair's pretty important, huh. D:

I thought Skater boy = baseball cap. Maybe i'm kinda out of the loop.  

Tinuu
Captain

Mikael Hart

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:42 pm
Tinuu
Hair's pretty important, huh. D:

I thought Skater boy = baseball cap. Maybe i'm kinda out of the loop.

Really? I dunno... I always thought of a beanie, especially after seeing High School Musical. XD

And yeah, I guess hair is important... :9  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:37 pm
I don't see Scenie weenies to be anywhere remotely close to Emos.

Scene kids are pretty much the definition of 'attention seeker'.
Like Tinuu said, the multicolored hair, the concerts.
And also, the caked up makeup, skinny as a toothpick, bulimia/anorexia, Ultra tight completely noticable hemmed jeans that they do themselves, THE MULLET.

Let's not forget their fake plugs. D:< Barf.

daijo booty

Wheezing Sailor

amsdia

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:02 am
Bombchelle.
I don't see Scenie weenies to be anywhere remotely close to Emos.

Scene kids are pretty much the definition of 'attention seeker'.
Like Tinuu said, the multicolored hair, the concerts.
And also, the caked up makeup, skinny as a toothpick, bulimia/anorexia, Ultra tight completely noticable hemmed jeans that they do themselves, THE MULLET.

Let's not forget their fake plugs. D:< Barf.

*looks at Bombchelle's description*
*looks at Jay*
Uh... O.o;  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:49 am
XD;;; I always associated scene kids with popular (or pretty much 'in crowd') kids who're all trendy and social and well-liked and whatnot. Some of them might be shallow, but they're always in flocks, and they always talk about the latest movies/music/whatev. Am I horribly mistaken? XD  

Mikael Hart

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

sixpinkwhiskers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:19 pm
To me

Emo: black hair/feminen

Jock: Plays football. usually scene in one of those sports jackets that have the school logo on them...I dunno what they're call  
Honeydew Syndrome

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff