Submit

Jelai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:34 pm
Prayers don't help heart surgery patients
- Harvard Gazette

confused

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:22 pm
prayer saved my life in January...

i fell off the back of a truck and slipped on ice, and i broke my head open. i woke up a week later and the doctors said i was lucky. the only way i lived was because my whole church was praying for me.

i looked through that story... it takes sincerity for prayer to work... i cant explain it, but i hope someone else can.  

Cattrain

Elenielle

Shameless Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:27 am
Prayer moves the Heart of God. It's demonstrated time and time again in the Bible.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:31 pm
No, it doesn't.
But that is just an oppionon and doesn't have to be taken seriously.  

Bluuberry

LuckyMX

3,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:24 pm
Actually many miracles in the world are done by prayer--as they usually are--and dedication to heal someone. But some prayers don't work on dieing people because God has a different fate for them. He has plans and does the better for people.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:57 pm
LuckyMX
Actually many miracles in the world are done by prayer--as they usually are--and dedication to heal someone. But some prayers don't work on dieing people because God has a different fate for them. He has plans and does the better for people.

Oh yeah! Just like the case with one of our church members -- this girl's grandmother was hospitalized, and when she came to visit her grandmother and pray for her, the grandma said, "Don't pray for me to heal anymore. I can hear God calling me, and I think it's time for me now to be with Him."

A few hours later, the grandmother passed away and the whole family was grieving. But at least they know that she's finally in God's kingdom and happy being with the Lord, and that they'll see her again soon.

Jelai

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:43 pm
You also have to take into consideration that, its not so much how you beg and beg and beg from god, its more of does God think its best or not.

If someone is meant to die, then someone is meant to die. We each have our set time of death that God made before we were even created. We will not live a second longer than that set date and time.

You just gotta take life as it comes to you. (universal you). Whether you agree with it or not.

for instance.....

when my cat Hannibal was dieing, I prayed and prayed for god to heal him while he still had a chance and I knew god had the power....but Hannibal died. But had not Hannibal died I wouldn't have gotten another cat that we now care for and love. Hannibal died of heart failure, but at least he had a good and loving home. Who's to say if it weren't for hannibla's death, if spock had ended up in an abusive home....and neglecting home.

Its all upon circumstances. God see's things we can not sometimes, so whatever happens is usually for the best. does that mean you stop praying? no.  
yzz_90 generated a random number between 45 and 63 ... 61!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:30 pm
You know, I've gotta say, prayer does work! I've seen it work so many times! Even sometimes, when I don't pray, God provides! He's amazing like that! One time, dad was looking for a tiny part that came out of his power drill. He prayed that God would help him find it, and he did! Lots of times, when mom&I are out driving, we pray for a good parking spot, and we usually get one. If we don't, I usually say, "Well, God must want us to walk. After all, it is good for us!" xd 3nodding  

yzz_90

Metanoeo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:39 pm
x_Hikari_x
Prayer moves the Heart of God.

Please explain deeper.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:48 pm
Orizion
You know, I've gotta say, prayer does work! I've seen it work so many times! Even sometimes, when I don't pray, God provides! He's amazing like that! One time, dad was looking for a tiny part that came out of his power drill. He prayed that God would help him find it, and he did! Lots of times, when mom&I are out driving, we pray for a good parking spot, and we usually get one. If we don't, I usually say, "Well, God must want us to walk. After all, it is good for us!" xd 3nodding

Hmm...well prayer sometimes doesn't work for me.

...usually on homework. >___>;;

Everytime I pray to God to help me to stop procrastinating, I still procrastinate.

I already got an F on my 400-page art journal assignment for not completing it and turning it in.

confused

Jelai

Sarcastic_Angel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:09 pm
I think prayer kept my grandpa alive an extra 14 years before he died. The doctors said he had like 3 months left. Ha, ya right. That was when my mom was my age, and he died just over 3 years ago.

My church also annually has a global outreach gathering, when they review what out mission trips have done all over the world. They told a story about one of our ministers being asked to heal a blind women. He prayed for her twice, neither of the prayers working. After he had her repent for trying black magic to heal her, he prayed again, and she could see. I won't go into details on the healing part, kinda gory, but prayer does work. we see it everyday and don't even know half the time probably.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:51 pm
what reason do you have to believe that prayer doesnt work?  

promised_child

jamesthelittle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:54 pm
Prayer is important. We are told to pray. The problem lies with how we pray, what we pray for, and listening after we pray. We sometimes ask the wrong questions, and thus don't seem to ever get an answer. We sometimes pray for things we are not suppose to get, and thus feel that we are not answered. We don't listen to the silence for what it is: an answer telling us no, ask differently, or wait. But prayer is important.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:16 pm
I started to pray for my friend who died but i forgot to a lot so... now i don't. So i don't know but i think that her family is good and healthy (that's what i prayed for)  

Briliekspie

sunshinehearttrob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:21 pm
i think with faith all things are possible. prayer brings a whole community together.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff