Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Fertility and Gynecology Subforum
I was wondering about this product and lots of yeastyness

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flight Thirteen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:20 am
exclaim http://www.lakeconsumer.com/product.shtml#head1

I know theres a sticky on yeast infections but it didn't have something I want to ask. Theres this product within this link I brought it and it mentions in the little instructional book that it comes with it says SUPPOSITORIES WILL NOT BREAK DOWN LATEX CONDOMS this kinda made me think would it be okay to have sex with using this product I havent heard of anyone using it before. Also in the sticky it doesn't mention what the discharge looks like when it dries?. exclaim  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:49 pm
mikomihino_25

I know theres a sticky on yeast infections but it didn't have something I want to ask. Theres this product within this link I brought it and it mentions in the little instructional book that it comes with it says SUPPOSITORIES WILL NOT BREAK DOWN LATEX CONDOMS this kinda made me think would it be okay to have sex with using this product I havent heard of anyone using it before. Also in the sticky it doesn't mention what the discharge looks like when it dries?. exclaim

You are supposed to go to a gynecologist when you have your first yeast infection to verify that it is a yeast infection and not something else. If I remember right, though, when I had a yeast infection the discharge was white, maybe a thick white. Before it dries, it sort of has a "cottage cheese" texture to it- BUT I sometimes get that sort of texture when I do not have a YI, but I don't get the itchiness, redness, and smell that I would get with a YI.

Regarding whether or not it is okay to have sex while on that suppository: The primary risk you are going to have to worry about is NOT the problem with the suppository (or cream, if you used that), although it could possibly irritate your partner. The problem is that it is very possible to pass a yeast infection on to your partner- either to his genitals in the case of sexual intercourse or to his mouth in the case of oral sex (I think this is called thrush). Yeast infections are contagious.

I would suggest refraining from intercourse while you have a yeast infection- it's highly possible to keep passing the infection back and forth until you and your partner stop having sex. If you MUST go forth, you should tell your partner about the risk. It's nothing life-threatening (so far as I know), but it can be very uncomfortable. I would rather tell my partner than for them to just come up with something like that. A condom might also help reduce the chance of transmission, but I do not think it will eliminate the risk, as parts of you touch his skin even with a condom.

There is also a pill that you can take- one pill and the infection will go away. I've never tried it, but I'm going to next time!  

lumnata

Flight Thirteen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:27 am
lumnata
mikomihino_25

You are supposed to go to a gynecologist when you have your first yeast infection to verify that it is a yeast infection and not something else. If I remember right, though, when I had a yeast infection the discharge was white, maybe a thick white. Before it dries, it sort of has a "cottage cheese" texture to it- BUT I sometimes get that sort of texture when I do not have a YI, but I don't get the itchiness, redness, and smell that I would get with a YI.

Regarding whether or not it is okay to have sex while on that suppository: The primary risk you are going to have to worry about is NOT the problem with the suppository (or cream, if you used that), although it could possibly irritate your partner. The problem is that it is very possible to pass a yeast infection on to your partner- either to his genitals in the case of sexual intercourse or to his mouth in the case of oral sex (I think this is called thrush). Yeast infections are contagious.

I would suggest refraining from intercourse while you have a yeast infection- it's highly possible to keep passing the infection back and forth until you and your partner stop having sex. If you MUST go forth, you should tell your partner about the risk. It's nothing life-threatening (so far as I know), but it can be very uncomfortable. I would rather tell my partner than for them to just come up with something like that. A condom might also help reduce the chance of transmission, but I do not think it will eliminate the risk, as parts of you touch his skin even with a condom.

There is also a pill that you can take- one pill and the infection will go away. I've never tried it, but I'm going to next time!

oh lol I did go to the gnyo when I had my first yeast infection, is it possible to pass it while using a condom I don't have sex without it now. I love my partner and I don't want him getting my germs.  
Fertility and Gynecology Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games