Reply The Library - Archive of Memorable Threads
Hogwarts' Giant Toilet Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Morianna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:47 am
I am here today to reveal to you all, the true nature of the Hogwarts Lake.

In Book 2 (Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets) it is revealed that Hogwarts uses plumbing with its toilets and sinks. This allowed th basilisk to move freely and also provided a cozy home for Moaning Myrtle.

In Book 4 (Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire) Myrtle tells Harry that she has been down in the lake, when somone unexpectedly flushes her toilet. This means that the plumbing leads down into the lake. This carrying the waste of the Hogwart's student into it.

Add the merpeople, grindilow, giant squid and whatever else lives in the lake and that is a lot of poop.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:15 am
Poor merpeople, and the others. 3nodding xp  

chibi_chan
Crew

Emerwyn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:30 am
Wooooow.
What a shocking revelation.....
I never thought about that........  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:55 am
W0w.... never thought of that.... never thought that would happen, because I didn't think Dumbledore would let that happen... O.o  

Halloween Addict

Empress_Kat
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:21 pm
Maybe... they have magic to make it less... yucky? Oh, ugh... I'm never going to be able to look at the Lake the same way again... poor mer-people...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:50 pm
Oh dear . . . I had never thought about that. Ever. I don't know if I'm glad you mentioned it or . . . just really disturbed.  

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

Morianna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:18 pm
There is always the possibility that the ahve some sort of vanishing charm later down the pipes, but that seems kind of unlikely since the Basilisk could move around.

And from what I've seen, Dumbledore isn't one for cleanliness. I mean, chamber pots? Couldn't the room fo requirement have become a bathroom instead?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:39 pm
Jizzy Jazz
There is always the possibility that the ahve some sort of vanishing charm later down the pipes, but that seems kind of unlikely since the Basilisk could move around.

And from what I've seen, Dumbledore isn't one for cleanliness. I mean, chamber pots? Couldn't the room fo requirement have become a bathroom instead?

Well, he IS old. Like REALLY old.  

Poor_huni

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:11 pm
Poor_huni
Jizzy Jazz

Well, he IS old. Like REALLY old.

Yeah getting up to go somewhere else might not be an option.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:18 pm
Forgotten_Death
W0w.... never thought of that.... never thought that would happen, because I didn't think Dumbledore would let that happen... O.o

Yeah you'd think that Dumbledore wouldn't but you never know.

~Randomnality~

Halloween Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:13 am
~Randomnality~
Forgotten_Death

Well, yeah, but it's like Ron and Hermione told Harry: Dumbledore would never let a student come to harm, and Harry shouldn't always try and be the hero. Well, if Dumble won't let STUDENTS come to harm, why would he let permanent resident merpeople live there like that?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:47 am
Forgotten_Death
~Randomnality~
Forgotten_Death

Well, yeah, but it's like Ron and Hermione told Harry: Dumbledore would never let a student come to harm, and Harry shouldn't always try and be the hero. Well, if Dumble won't let STUDENTS come to harm, why would he let permanent resident merpeople live there like that?

*has no respect for Dumbledore*

...because he can't get in trouble for bad treatment of merpeople.  

Empress_Kat
Crew

Poor_huni

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:31 pm
Ah well. Tis an icky idea, esp. considering Krum goes SWIMMING in the lake.

-shuddertwitch-

But then again, he might as well be swimming in British seas. Seriously, non-brit people and brit people - NEVER SWIM IN OUR SEAS!

They're usually grey and have all these signs up about the nasty bacteria thats in them (they have to have them up for health reasons) and you can see the ick floating in the brown or sometimes grey water.

Ick. Just ick -shudder-  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:39 pm
Well that would explain why the merpeople are cranky.  

KimCL
Captain

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:34 am
KimCL
Well that would explain why the merpeople are cranky.
Yeah, I guess I would be too if people were dumping that in my house. >.>  
The Library - Archive of Memorable Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces