Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Did I Do The Right Thing? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:46 pm
I was talking to my best friend on AIM... and he got in a fight with someone, and started freaking out, saying he was gone and stuff. and then he started acting a way he once acted before, in my room, and i felt like some kinda demonic presence, and we almost got in a fight... hes a christian, but his faith wavers. he started talking bout how Jesus cant do anything, and how he is weak... and i thought he was gonna try to fight me. well when i was talkign to him tonight... he started weirding out again... but this time... he was talking like... he was satan... and i talked to him for a few mins, and said God would save erik, and remembered a passage somewhere in the bible that you should never talk to the devil, or listen to him... so i blocked my friend, and closed out the chat window. i dunno what the heck happened, but i felt like i did the right thing, like i wont some kind of battle or something... did i do the right thing?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:49 pm
Most definitely. if satan or a demon was trying to talk to you through your friend, blocking him was the best way to ignore him. and you did win a battle. you listened to Jesus through his word, and told the Devil no. Congrats.  

Sarcastic_Angel

Metanoeo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:52 pm
thrashmetaljunkie
I was talking to my best friend on AIM... and he got in a fight with someone, and started freaking out, saying he was gone and stuff. and then he started acting a way he once acted before, in my room, and i felt like some kinda demonic presence, and we almost got in a fight... hes a christian, but his faith wavers. he started talking bout how Jesus cant do anything, and how he is weak... and i thought he was gonna try to fight me. well when i was talkign to him tonight... he started weirding out again... but this time... he was talking like... he was satan... and i talked to him for a few mins, and said God would save erik, and remembered a passage somewhere in the bible that you should never talk to the devil, or listen to him... so i blocked my friend, and closed out the chat window. i dunno what the heck happened, but i felt like i did the right thing, like i wont some kind of battle or something... did i do the right thing?

You did the right thing. Its best to avoid a stumbling rock.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:24 am
I think you need to help your friend...

Remember Josh, the lord uses us to win battles over Satan and the devils of hell...
I think you should wait a while, get your thoughts right, and use the armor of God and help your friend!  

dirtdevilgrunt13

LuckyMX

3,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:50 am
I am sad that that happened, but you did do the right thing. Put a prayer request up for him to find his way back to God. I'll be praying for him.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:33 pm
you guys are right... hes good now... he doesnt even remember it eek it was creepy... i remember the feeling i got... but i dont remember what ws said to me, i chose not to remember... cuz thad still be listening to Satan if i did choose to remember... right?  

thrashmetaljunkie

Amanda_S_C

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:24 pm
I think your friend really needs you to be there for him right now. I'll pray for him and for you also.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:22 pm
well it's good he's ok now but i'll pray for him and for you  

Ongakukoe

BabbYaNGEL

850 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:07 am
LRD_nick

Remember Josh, the lord uses us to win battles over Satan and the devils of hell...
I think you should wait a while, get your thoughts right, and use the armor of God and help your friend!

agree with you.
do not fear, for the LORD is with you if you belief in Him  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:13 am
Sometimes when your friends are dead and wavering in faith, they can drag you down with them, so i believe that you did the right thing. Sometimes we have to step over our dead friends or else they'll sabbotage us as well...but that doesn't mean you give up on them. Keep praying for him. Never underestimate the power of prayer. and talk to him every once and a while just to see how he's doing, but don't take on his demons( twisted ) whatever you do. 3nodding  

Cat_Burn

SuPeR_mIdGeT5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:42 pm
I think you did the right thing i have had a similar experince, and i didnt do what you did and i was in a rough time for a while  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:55 pm
i cant say for sure you did the right thing. but i do know one thing. try talking to your friend. maybe you can talk him around. there's nothing wrong with trying. meanwhile i suggest you pray for him.  

sunshinehearttrob

Jason_Jaques

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:18 am
LRD_nick

But as humans we are fooled by the cunning of the devil, maybe seeking to trick this person into "helping" her friend, playing on good nature.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:20 am
I think you did the right thing for yourself, Jesus cast away Satan in the desert, but we are not Jesus.

one thing for certain though, demons flee before the name of Jesus, and when you pray, it casts out the evil for it cannot stand the light. Sometime, when you have prayed and you are ready, and it is in God's will that you do this, you may be the one God speaks though to help your friend.  

Jason_Jaques

Kouture

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:44 pm
In the bible, we are given the power to cast the freaking things out.
I've seen it with me own eyes.
Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff