Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Rpgs R Us:: *Escape Reality*Enter Imagination*

Back to Guilds

RPing guild with high literacy and zero slave or vampire RPs. Come help us grow! 

Tags: X-Men, Cowboy Bebop, Final Fantasy, Arabian, Pokemon 

Reply Selenica League
Selenica OOC

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:22 pm
This topic is for any OOC comments, questions, etc. You may have. Minor OOC comments are okay in an RP post, but if the whole post is OOC it belongs here.

Map of Selenica
Here's a picture of the land you'll be catching, training and competing in. This is an old image and I fully intend to replace it with a better one in the near future; that said, the landmarks are not changing.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Light green areas are plains.
Dark green areas are forest.
VERY dark green areas are marshland and swamps.
Blue areas are water.
Cyan (light blue) areas are tundra.
Brown areas are mountains.
The heavy brown area near Devon, however, is cliffs.
Orange areas are desert.
That one kinda tan area is badlands.
The black area is a deep canyon.
The gray lines mark the Magnet Train routes; Routes traveled by foot exist but are not marked.
The star is the Pokémon League Headquarters.

Cities and Towns of Selenica
The towns labelled on the map are, in alphabetical order:

Burdia, a popular vacation spot on an island southeast of the settled continent. The whole place has a very tropical-resort feeling to it, along with a heaping dose of mercantilism. There is no official Pokémon Gym here.

Carnolia, a small community in Selenica's southern forest that lies close to the marshes. Though the other end of the forest is home to Grass-type pokémon, here Bug-types hold sway, Ledyba buzzing from tree to tree and Venonat wandering the forest floor at night. The citizens generally try to avoid disturbing the Beedrill hive tree that lies a small distance south of the city.

Devon, a city overlooking the impressive southeastern cliffs of Selenica's shoreline. Flying-types roost on the myriad outcroppings in these cliffs. Citizens can often predict weather based on the reactions of the birds to slight climate changes. The trained Flying-types easily put down any attacks by roaming Grass- or Bug-types from the nearby forest.

Egeto, the community found in Selenica's arid mountain-edged desert. Sandshrew are common sights here, and at mountain's edge Rock/Ground-types may be sighted. With too little rain for anything but cacti to live on, the people of Egeto import their water, and train the Ground-types that are built to live with as little water as possible.

Granyon, a town situated in the bottom of a deep canyon in the eastern mountains. Little light reaches here, and nocturnal pokémon are regular sights at any time of day. Murkrow roost on the sides of the canyon, and Sneasel wander the caves that can be reached from the canyon bottom. Since learning to fear the Gym Leader's Houndoom, they do not bother the humans.

Grenalden, one of two cities built in the northern tundra. The people here raise Fire-types to keep out the encroaching cold, making sure to use species that can handle the low temperatures (Vulpix and Growlithe are suitable for this task; Charmander and Magmar are not.) The Gym Leader is said to have Fire-types so strong they can live in the cold without being bred for it.

Hilaya, a quiet town in the foothills of the eastern mountains. No Dragon's Den lies below this retreat; after Johto's Blackthorn City was wiped out in the unexpected eruption of Mt. Silver, the people chose here to move to simply because the terrain was similar. Dragon-types continue to be revered among these people, who welcome the different Gym battle rules of Selenica because it means all Gym battles will be dragon versus dragon.

Inhar, a busy port city in the southeast. This is the point of entry and departure for travelers on seaworthy ships. The city depends quite largely on trade and other ocean commerce; fishing and other water sports are common as well. The Gym is actually underwater, with pressurized air and a personal submarine for transport from the shore. Nothing short of SCUBA gear could make this more convenient for the trained Water-types there.

Lodo, the capital of Selenica, situated in the dead center of the settled area. This is where new trainers meet to recieve their starting pokémon and training equipment. Lodo is an industrial city; it's here that the power to run Selenica's network of magnet trains is produced. The power plant also owns the local Gym, which focuses on the business's specialty: electricity.

Luthera, a calm seaside town on the south shore. In stark contrast to Burdia, this place is a haven to those who want to leave the hubbub of daily life behind and ponder life's questions. Putting their faith in the power of the mind, the people who train here prefer Psychic-types, especially species such as Alakazam, who are renowned for their mental prowess.

Neras, Selenica's agricultural center northwest of Lodo. The latest in agricultural innovations can be found here, but some people prefer to get in touch with the land as simple country farmers. Both cropgrowing and cattleraising are common here, and fine specimens of cattle pokémon like Miltank and Tauros can be found at the corral-like Gym.

Scrano, a mining town well into the eastern mountains. The community mines metal ores and exports them, chiefly to Lodo. The mining tunnels twist oddly to avoid Steelix lairs. Skarmory nest in nearby crags, and the more adventurous youths occasionally try to catch and tame one to compete at the Gym.

Sebriane, one of two cities located in the northern tundra. Unlike Fire-warmed Grenalden, the people of Sebriane simply put up with the cold, and train Ice-types that function perfectly well in the climate.

Taklakan, a village in the southeastern badlands that extend from the mountains bordering the desert. The people here live in a tribal culture, which doesn't make for much excitement unless you're into mysticism. Communing with spirits is a common event, and the trainers at the Gym make it a point to get to know the Ghost-types they train.

Tashen, a city on the western shore, the home of most of Selenica's sporting events. Nearly every sport imaginable is played there. The city's pokémon trainers train for the monthly Pokémon Contact Sports Tournament, open only to Fighting-types. The Tashen Gym Leader is also a local favorite at the Tournament.

Ulora, a city carved into the lone outcropping of rock at the northwestern corner of the desert. Rock-types from the nearby mountains are popular there. In an effort to keep the water pure, Corsola are raised in one section of the city reservoir; sometimes a few are offered up for adoption.

Verle, a city built in the western wetland. The terrain varies, marsh becoming swamp in some areas. Ekans and Arbok in the trees and Grimer in the water make wandering through this area dangerous. Of course, if you're training for a battle with the Poison-wielding Gym Leader, maybe that's a good thing...

Wandell, a city in the southern forest of Selenica. Surrounded by trees, the people try to live in harmony with the plants. Sun Stones are easily obtained, Bellossom being more suitable for close-knit societies than Vileplume. A group of Sudowoodo live in the area as well; the people generally humor these odd pokémon.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:39 pm
List of Possible Starting Pokémon

Selenica offers a level-5 starting pokémon of every type except for a few which were deemed unsuitable for beginners. Here is the current list of available starters:

BUG: Ledyba
DARK: Poochyena
ELECTRIC: Mareep
FIGHTING: Machop
FIRE: Cyndaquil
FLYING: Pidgey
GRASS: Chikorita
GROUND: Sandshrew
ICE: Snorunt
NORMAL: Meowth
POISON: Ekans
PSYCHIC: Ralts (These Ralts have all been taught the move Secret Power.)
ROCK: Geodude
WATER: Squirtle

Trainers may also start with a pokémon they brought from home, whether a loyal pet that they are only now starting to train for real battles, or a pokémon given to them by their parents or whoever. I reserve the right to deny character sign-ups with inappropriate starters, though, so don't give yourself a Dragonite or something like that.  

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25

Modenopfer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:17 am
Would you mind if I draw the updated map of Selenica? I haven't done an RPG map in a while, and they're a lot of fun to do. smile

--Lici  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:21 am
Hm? I suppose if you really want to. I haven't had the time.  

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25

Modenopfer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:13 pm
How's this?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

--Lici  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:45 pm
Well, you misspelled a couple things, but the art looks very nice.  

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25

Paran
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:15 pm
Holy-

That's... that's very well done. Quite the upgrade from Pory's ms paint map of yore.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:47 pm
Just posting here to let everyone know why Lici has been mysteriously absent in the midst of all of this recent Selenica posting...her computer apparently crashed last week. The worst of it? It won't turn back on, and we're pretty sure that her hard drive is dead or at least close to it...not fun. So, given her inability to even turn her computer on much less access Gaia, THAT'S where she's been. Hopefully everything will be resolved soon with as little loss of data as possible

So yeah, that's what's happened to Lici. She'll be back...soon enough. ^^()  

Elfgirl M-chan
Captain

Modenopfer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:52 pm
Thanks M for letting them know about that. smile

The hard drive is, in fact, fried. Lately my roommate has been letting me use her laptop so I have at least been able to reply to my RPs and check email and such. Fortunately, I think I won't have lost too much. Most of my artwork was stored on my old web server, so I should probably be able to retrieve it. *looks sadly at the empty box where the Selenica map should be*

--Lici  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:21 pm
Considering that we've quite likely lost Kat and Lici, do we want to do a fast-forward to another point in the RPG, or pull another story haul/saving maneuver?  

Elfgirl M-chan
Captain

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:15 pm
If we truly have lost them, it might be best to start over. We didn't get all that much done that didn't center around their characters.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:55 pm
Given the way that things have gone IRL for them, I think that it might be a safe bet that we have. I'm all for a reset if you are.  

Elfgirl M-chan
Captain

Selenica League

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces