Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Rpgs R Us:: *Escape Reality*Enter Imagination*

Back to Guilds

RPing guild with high literacy and zero slave or vampire RPs. Come help us grow! 

Tags: X-Men, Cowboy Bebop, Final Fantasy, Arabian, Pokemon 

Reply Selenica League
Selenica: League Info and Registration Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BonzaiRob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:05 pm
Don't think it's one of yours, like Iwraith. I seem to remember something fitting this description from good old Nintendo Worlds.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:28 pm
Well, from the description that I got from Pory, I know the ghost type is Spiritomb. Rylie doesn't know that, however, so I didn't consider it necessary information.

On the other hand I've got no clue what the horse is, so you've got me beat there.  

Paran
Crew

BonzaiRob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:29 am
*looks it up* I was thinking Cloalitch. And Paran, I'm disappointed in you! A seasoned RPGsRUser and you don't know what the 6-legged horse is? razz  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:12 pm
... You call me seasoned but you have to remember that I only participated in the tail end of the first Selenica incarnation and the entire ... meh ... that was the second incarnation. I honestly never got around to reading the backstory before Linara joined the first time... and after it died off and got rebooted I didn't see the point anymore.  

Paran
Crew

BonzaiRob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:21 am
Nyeh, fair enough. Go have a poke around at PF, towards the start of the GSC gen.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:56 am
... of course.

You know, my first reaction on reading the description was "is that supposed to be Sleipnir as a pokemon?" I thought it was too silly to be true, which apparently was a mistake on my part.

Sigh.

....desu.  

Paran
Crew

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:31 am
Slepnir's most notable appearance at RPGs R Us was not in the Selenica League. It was in the Captain N-esque setting Nintendo Worlds, due to the host's bizarre decision to include Selenica along with Kanto, Johto and Hoenn in the conglomerate setting.

...you went and told her. Boo.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:40 pm
Name: Vee Plowman
Description: She looks younger than she is (Ryu, don't even think about saying the word "Hagu" =P) I needed a visual to help me with her design, so here's a pic of her:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Starting Pokémon: Oddish
Background: Vee was raised in the provencial forest town of Wandell as the youngest of eight brothers and sisters. Being in this position, she often felt overshadowed by the successes of her siblings; furthermore, Vee had a fiery, adventurous personality and became increasingly restless with the rigid traditionalism of her country background. Her father was a breeder and trader of grass-type pokemon, and she loved to spend time mingling with the various pokemon families that they bred and housed.
On her most recent birthday, her father gave her a baby oddish as a sign that she was now old enough to care for her own pokemon. She was thrilled, and named her Peloria. As time passed, however, she realized that she wanted to see and care for more pokemon than just one baby oddish. Finally, she made up her mind to leave Wandell and travel around Selenica collecting and training pokemon. When she learned that the novice initiation in Lodo was approaching, she eagerly begged her parents to take her to the capital city and let her become a pokemon trainer - they, however, would not hear of it.
"Capturing pokemon and making them fight one another is barbaric," they argued, "besides, you're too young to be running around by yourself; you need to stay here and help your brothers and sisters with the pokemon ranch."
While all of these were indeed concerns, Vee was certain that it had more to do with what the neighbors would think than anything. Nevertheless, she had made up her mind. The night before the novice initiation, Vee stuffed her poke-pack with as many essentials as it would hold and snuck out of the house. Halfway through her bedroom window, a tiny voice stopped her.
"Oddi?"
Vee looked down at the little pokemon and bit back tears. "Sorry, Peloria, but I've got to go."
"Oddi-oddish!" Peloria sobbed. "Odd-odd!"
Vee hesitated, then reached down and picked up the downcast oddish. "Alright, you can come with me. But you're still too little to do any battling, you hear?"
With her pokemon companion in tow, Vee silently exited the house and started off on her bike. She had only been to Lodo a few times, but she knew the way well enough. If she made good time, she should be there by dawn...  

Modenopfer

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:20 am
Your starting pokémon is too young to battle? That's going to hinder you quite a bit...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:40 am
Vee's final admonition to Peloria that she was too young to battle was really more a reflection of her naivite than anything. While it's true that Peloria is still relatively young and small, she's done a lot of growing under Vee's care and can hold her own against lower-level grass and bug types - something which Vee will come to realize in the early stages of the roleplay. Additionally, Peloria is at level 5 - basic starting level - and she knows Absorb as well as Sweet Scent which Vee taught her using a TM12. So she does at least know some moves.

If I need to make her pick a new starter when she arrives in Lodo I will, but I don't think it's going to be that big of a hinderance. The biggest obstacle really, both for my character and myself, will be the learning curve. After all, this is my first RP with the guild. ^^;

--Lici  

Modenopfer

Ryushikaze
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:04 pm
Modenopfer
Name: Vee Plowman
Description: She looks younger than she is (Ryu, don't even think about saying the word "Hagu" =P) I needed a visual to help me with her design, so here's a pic of her:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

HAGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:48 pm
Okay then, character approved. Welcome to the RP. You won't have to take a different starter; in fact, since you already have a pokémon you're not really eligible for a starter from Prof. Hemlock. You'd just be getting your Pokégear and whatnot from him.

Ryushikaze
Modenopfer
(Ryu, don't even think about saying the word "Hagu" =P)
HAGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

"Don't even think about it!"
"Never do!"
rofl  

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25

Heofthehills

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:11 pm
Ok, I'll bite:

Name: Eirik Baldur
Description: Short and hefty, Eirik is going to be built for heavy lifting when he grows up, but for now he looks a little...husky we shall say. He has piercing blue eyes and pale blond hair. Already a healthy brushing of peach fuzz covers his pale, white face.
Starting Pokémon: Chikorita (Freyja)
Background: Eirik was raised in Sebriane and has always loved his frozen surroundings, but when it was time to head off to the big city and become a trainer, he took to it with great enthusiasm. Used to seeing lots of ice pokémon, he was shocked when he spotted the green Chikorita. Already amazed by the beauty of the green world outside his ice-covered home, the brilliant grass pokémon seemed to be calling his name. He scooped her up in his arms and teased her little leaf, ready to face all the challenges that might come their way with the strength and determination of a child who has known what work was all his life.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:43 pm
Looks good to me! Character approved!  

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25

Heofthehills

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:22 pm
Should I just read over everything and throw in my two bits?  
Selenica League

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff