Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Rpgs R Us:: *Escape Reality*Enter Imagination*

Back to Guilds

RPing guild with high literacy and zero slave or vampire RPs. Come help us grow! 

Tags: X-Men, Cowboy Bebop, Final Fantasy, Arabian, Pokemon 

Reply Selenica League
Selenica: League Info and Registration Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:52 pm
Welcome to RPGs R Us' Pokémon RPG, the Selenica League. Players are pokémon trainers on their Badge Journeys in the distant locale of Selenica. The time is roughly a century after the events of the Nintendo games, so Ash, Brock, Misty, yada yada will not be making appearances because they are all dead of old age. The country enjoys the luxury of an entire system of magnet trains that connects every major city and town.

The Selenica Pokémon League has special rules of its own. When a trainer begins his/her journey in the capital city of Lodo, (s)he is given a Trainer Badge that looks like a circle divided into six wedges, each of which is empty. (If you've ever played the trivia board game Trivial Pursuit you know exactly what I'm talking about.) Trainers must fill these six spaces with badge Marks, which are won at Pokémon Gyms the same way Badges are won in the Nintendo games. Only trainers who bear a filled Badge earn the right to challenge Selenica's Elite Four; success there earns a trainer the title of Pokémon Master and the right to enter the annual Master Tournaments to try for the title of Selenica League Champion.

There are seventeen Gyms in Selenica, one in each of seventeen cities and towns (other towns exist, but with the exception of Burdia they are not shown on the map.) It is a trainer's choice which six Gyms to defeat; you can choose to buy two more Badges to hold all seventeen Badge Marks, but earning more than six gets you nothing more than experience and prestige. There is also a special rule for challenging Gym Leaders: you may only use pokémon of the Gym's own type. Thus a badge Mark of a given type signifies the trainer's skill in training that type, not just his/her ability to overcome it. (That said, there is a loophole in this system; there's nothing wrong with using a Lanturn in the Water Gym or a Medicham in the Fighting Gym.)

You can find a map of Selenica, a description of each town, and the choices of starting pokémon in the OOC Thread. If you're ready to sign up, here's the information we'll need about your character:

Name:
Description: (this is both appearance and personality.)
Starting Pokémon:
Background: (optional)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:11 pm
Question Pory? Are pre exsisting teams still okay? I was going to bring back my original character Skyla, but just pick her up where I kinda left her... having been training at home awhile and finally going out to face gym leaders.

Or also creating characters that are not in it for the gym badges? Be kinda like the Brock or Misty to someone elses character?  

WickedElphie
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Elfgirl M-chan
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:49 pm
Yeah, I was kind of wondering that myself, since Winry seems to be taking the Brock path.

Also, even though I know which of the starting Pokémon I'd choose, is there any chance that I can still keep the Cubone from the previous version of my character? It was just part of a background thing. If not, that's okay, but I thought I'd ask.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:46 pm
Elphie: Assuming Skyla's team didn't include any fan-mades (I seem to recall it didn't,) it's fine. Especially for the daughter of an established pokémologist, starting with a premade team from home is acceptable. Also, yes, trainers don't necessarily have to be going on Badge journeys. It's just kind of assumed that that's what the majority of trainers will wish to do.

M-chan: Well, as I noted, you could have a pokémon from home that you're only now going to be training in earnest...but as far as getting a Cubone from Prof. Hemlock in Lodo...hm...y'know, I'm oddly tempted to let you have it as kind of a VIP thing, since you're one of us classic ezBoard members. (Course, if I did that I'd have to let every classic ezBoard member have whatever...)  

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25

Ryushikaze
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:57 pm
Speaking of a Brock Type not trainer, the me.

Name: Tim (presumably has a surname, too)
Height: 6'2"
Background: From a town southeast of Tashen, Tim is currently just wandering back into the civilized regions of Selenica from the unsettled mountains to the northeast. He doesn't have much in the way of a schedule at the moment, so he's willing to wander around for awhile and give sage advise to trainers.
Desc: (Will be along later when I reupload the image. Tall, Brown hair, worn clothing, natch)

He's not much of a trainer any more. He does train pokemon, but it's secondary. He's something of a jack of all trades, though he especially likes the martial arts and pitting his skills against pokemon, be they fighting type or otherwise.

His current Pokemon are a Blaziken, a Bagon, and a (TwinTao to replace if necessary). He may gather some later, but this is not high on his list of goals.

He's kind of fixated on improving things, especially himself, so he's often training, or reading a new book, or trying to tweak something he owns to improve it that much more. As such, much of his property that involves moving or movable parts has been taken apart at least once, and much of it has been modified.

His current possessions include a good deal of wilderness supplies, his Monster pokegear, and several miscellaneous pokemon supplies. He also has a motorcycle and some other pieces of technology including his 'laptop' (more similar to the arm mounted computer in the latest movie, but the term has stuck) currently in storage, which he may retrieve shortly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:09 pm
Hrm...TwinTao...Fighting/Psychic...Splitstrike and Twoself...I suppose, since you're a trainer with some impressive experience behind you, who has been places most people haven't, I'll allow it. I'm planning on a very slow trickle of new species.  

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25

Elfgirl M-chan
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:00 pm
Name: Winry Kunvar (pronounced “koon-vahr”)
Description: A teenager of average height with a slim yet strong build, blonde hair, blue eyes, and slightly tanned skin. Winry tends to wear a pair of blue jeans with a black belt, a red t-shirt, a black vest with many pockets over said shirt, a black bandana around her forehead, and a pair of black boots. She is pretty friendly, even when engaged in battle, and is usually the type of person who can deal with just about anyone. When she gets excited about something (such as seeing a Pokémon that’s new to her), she can quickly become rather hyper and possibly be a bit overbearing…depends on the situation. If she does get really excited, it usually only takes her a few moments to calm down. As a Pokémon Breeder in training, she loves learning about Pokémon and about ways to raise them the best and bring out their inner strengths and personalities.
Starting Pokémon: Cubone
Background: Winry grew up in a small town where various types of Pokémon were common, so she was exposed to them at an early age…which partially explains why her love of them developed so. She was preparing to start on the trainer path for a while before she realized (that while battles could be a good thing) that she really wanted to be a Pokémon breeder. To this day, she explores the world looking for new Pokémon and new breeder tips to help her on her quest: to become a top notch Pokémon Breeder.
Something else to note…the first Pokémon she found in the wild was a Cubone (a young male). She found this Cubone before she was to get an official starter Pokémon, so she decided to use him as her starter…she didn’t feel it would be fair otherwise. Once she captured it, Winry had been trying to get it to open up to her and not be so much of a loner. In the while she’s had her Cubone, she’s had a surprising amount of success with it, enough to the point that Cubone will not hesitate to follow her around whenever it’s outside of its Pokéball. Winry does look to capture and work with other Pokémon, but Cubone has been her primary focus for a while…and now, she feels that he is ready to share her with other Pokémon.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:47 pm
Approval Commencing in 4...
Character Approved! yay!  

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25

Paran
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:38 pm
Name: Rylie Loreseeker

Description: About 4'2" tall, Rylie has short, green hair and bright red eyes. She wears a somewhat ratty plain white t-shirt under a pair of equally ratty denim overalls.

Personality: Rylie is rater shy, and almost never speaks. Most people won't even be aware she can speak. She is, however, a fairly strong empath. Not only can she detect the emotions of those near her, she can -and generally will- communicate via psychically impressed emotions. When using this power for communication, generally the impressed emotion will be clearly foreign to the recipient, though she can cause emotions that will seem genuine. While she can no longer speak it, she still understands the speech of other pokemon fluently, and is generally only comfortable speaking normally with them.

Background: Here's where it gets weird. See, while Rylie looks like a human, walks like a human, talks (albeit rarely) like a human, and probably even smells like a human, Rylie is *not*, in fact, human. She was a Ralts, and happily at that, up until she and her parents were attacked in the woods where they lived by a mysterious Ghost/Dark type hellbent on destroying as many psychic types as possible. Her parents were killed, but she was saved just as she fainted by an equally mysterious 6-legged equine pokemon. When she awoke, she was in a human body, left with the faint impression to "seek out the keepers of lore" and a mental image of 2 humans. Dazed, she wandered the forest for a few days before being found by an old woman. Seeing a resemblance to her granddaughter Rylie, the old woman took in the ralts, fed her and gave her some clothes, before taking her to a pokemon center in Luthera. Not knowing the truth of the girl's origin, she assumed that it would be the easiest way to find the girl's parents, though of course the people at the pokemon center were vexed. While there, Rylie happened upon a portrait of the Elite Four. She was shocked by the fact that two of them were the humans from her vision! She told her story to a Porygon2 whose trainer was spending the night at the center. The pokmeon told her it had heard the only easy way to approach the Elite 4 was to take the Pokemon League Challenge. She convinced it to hack into the central ID database and create a false identity, Rylie Loreseeker, so that she could become a Pokemon trainer. The next morning, the old woman who helped her was relieved to find that the people at the pokemon center had finally discovered Rylie's identity and were sending her home... to Lodo.

And a sprite whipped up for me by Pory... err... Platonix.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:06 pm
Paran and I hammered out some details about this character. I've got plans for her...oh, yes do I have plans... twisted Ahem. Approvable except that you left out your starting pokémon...aw screw it. Approved anyway. We'll probably get a nice RP moment when Rylie tries to decide which of the basic starters she wants to have.  

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25

BonzaiRob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:30 am
Platonix
I'm planning on a very slow trickle of new species.

Does that include new types? I'm guessing you would have said if it did. I'm still loathe to get rid of Perin, though I could give him Dratini or Bagon if it's ok with you.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:00 pm
Dratini or Bagon would be fine. He came from a group of dragon-worshippers, right? /checks Perin's info on the ezBoard/ Yeah, Dratini or Bagon would be fine.  

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25

BonzaiRob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Name: Perin Zai
Description: Perin wears dark trousers with a black jacket, with a grey t-shirt underneath. He has a strange red streak through his brown hair. He says very little, and is usually in a dark mood. No-one quite knows why this is; see his background for details. He is a loner by nature and dislikes 'mindless chatter' and other small talk. Despite all this, he dislikes seeing people hurt and will defend someone being bullied.
An interesting note is that he can understand Dragon-type Pokémon speech, but has trouble with any other kind; see background again.
Starting pokémon: Bagon (Odeko)
Background: Perin is reticent it revealing personal details. Since we're not talking to him, here it is.
He was trained in a martial art (which is not known) from a very young age at a secretive monastary north of Johto, in the foothills of Silver Mountain. The monks were thought to have some connection to the Dragon's Den disciples, but like I said, Perin isn't going to reveal anything any time soon. The young disciples were taught the ways of Dragon Pokémon anyway, as an example of grace and inner strength. He can speak fluently the language of Dragons, but not other Pokmon.
The rigorous mental and physical training has taught Perin a lot of discipline, so he is controlled and taciturn at best. It is believed that he hiked from Johto to Selenica, despite the water in between; any gossips might say that he hid in the hold of a ship, but he paid his way by doing odd-jobs on the ferry.

Odeko, Perin's Bagon, was given to him at a young age, and the two are very close. Odeko is very cheerful and usually has a smart remark, so long as no-one mentions the not-being-able-to-fly thing ( http://serebii.net/pokedex-rs/371.shtml - it's rather sad really). If they do, he does in a mood for a while, and combined with Perin's perpetual mood, they become a force to be reckoned with. So don't mention that.
Odeko is level 5, and knows Rage and Bite.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:06 am
A couple comments to make, carried over from the ezBoard: first, the descendents of the citizens of Blackthorn City are the current residents of Hilaya. The serious dragon cultists and monks who resided in the Dragon's Den itself, though, remained there after the eruption of Mt. Silver, some by choice and some because the lava that failed to enter the Den succeeded in cutting off its entrance.
Second, traveling from Johto to Selenica does not necessarily involve water travel, although it is either that or a mountain range that Pokémon Masters with many years of experience still cringe at the thought of crossing.

With those points established, Perin Approved.  

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25

Ryushikaze
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:25 pm
Platonix
Paran and I hammered out some details about this character. I've got plans for her...oh, yes do I have plans... twisted Ahem. Approvable except that you left out your starting pokémon...aw screw it. Approved anyway. We'll probably get a nice RP moment when Rylie tries to decide which of the basic starters she wants to have.

Wait... A Dark/Ghost and a Six Legged Equine, eh? I know who the latter is... but could the former be...?  
Selenica League

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff