Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Intro Thread (Come Here First!!)
Introduce Yourselves! (Vote in the Poll!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How did you hear about the guild?
  A friend/ current member
  someone's signature
  The GGN recruting page
  Suggested guilds page
  Random Guild search
  Twitter or Facebook
  Other non gaia site
  one of those out of guild contests
View Results

RhinaRhina
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:18 pm
*introduces self*

hi  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:25 pm
Howdy, I'm Lahmu. The only season I don't love is Savers. I've played an unhealthy amount of Digimon games.  

Atuy Erum

Greedy Fairy

Eddy_Soul5

Skilled Hunter

4,300 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:21 am
Hi guys, I'm Eddy.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:46 pm
Eddy_Soul5
Hi guys, I'm Eddy.

Hey there Eddy, I'm Lief, it's nice to meet you, sorry things are kinda slow right now (i blame photobucket a bit haha) hope you enjoy your time, let me know if you have any questions!  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Trashy Comedian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Heya folks, names Sans, hopefully we all have a good time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:39 pm
Trashy Comedian

Hey there Sans! Im Lief, welcome to the Island!! Glad to have you. If you have any questions or anything feel free to let me know. Hope to see ya around and be sure to check out the little new years count down contest!!  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Trashy Comedian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:03 pm
lief_7
Trashy Comedian

Hey there Sans! Im Lief, welcome to the Island!! Glad to have you. If you have any questions or anything feel free to let me know. Hope to see ya around and be sure to check out the little new years count down contest!!

Sure thing bub, I'm going to take my time to get the idea of the guild before I go doing anything.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:00 pm
Trashy Comedian
lief_7
Trashy Comedian

Sure thing bub, I'm going to take my time to get the idea of the guild before I go doing anything.

Sounds good to me, ill be around if you have a question!!  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Trashy Comedian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:28 pm
lief_7
Trashy Comedian
lief_7
Trashy Comedian

Everything looks good with the exception of something that is kind of troubling.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:31 am
Trashy Comedian
lief_7
Trashy Comedian
lief_7
Trashy Comedian

Everything looks good with the exception of something that is kind of troubling.

What might that be? Maybe i can help?  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Trashy Comedian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:38 pm
lief_7
Trashy Comedian
lief_7
Trashy Comedian
lief_7
Trashy Comedian

What might that be? Maybe i can help?

Its the auction the guild has. Now don't get me wrong I like the idea of betting on in-game content to add to my collection. The issue with it is the currency, would it not be more beneficial to the guild if something like Guild Seals were implemented? A currency rewarded to active members who take part in events or is able to earn it through roleplay. In turn it can be used to purchase in story items or for things outside of it such as the auctions or even these old shops that has been closed down. This way members be more motivated to work and be more active and not be rewarded cause of how much gaia gold they have.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:05 pm
Trashy Comedian

Its the auction the guild has. Now don't get me wrong I like the idea of betting on in-game content to add to my collection. The issue with it is the currency, would it not be more beneficial to the guild if something like Guild Seals were implemented? A currency rewarded to active members who take part in events or is able to earn it through roleplay. In turn it can be used to purchase in story items or for things outside of it such as the auctions or even these old shops that has been closed down. This way members be more motivated to work and be more active and not be rewarded cause of how much gaia gold they have.

I understand what you mean and we totally agree that an in guild currency would be useful and is something that has been tossed around for a while we just haven't managed to implement something we liked as a crew. However the purpose of the gold auctions is to raise money for the guild (even though the price can get pretty high) we use this gold for prizes for other contests as well as for announcements (which now cost a lot to make if you are on plat, still cheap in gold though haha)

All that to say, you are probably right and it is definatly a change we are looking into, but at the same time i wouldn't expect too many auctions to pop up anyways and nothing else uses gold like this on DTI. Our currency is called TP and is based on your post count. Dont be surprised is another currency pops up at some point though  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Trashy Comedian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:39 am
lief_7
Trashy Comedian

I understand what you mean and we totally agree that an in guild currency would be useful and is something that has been tossed around for a while we just haven't managed to implement something we liked as a crew. However the purpose of the gold auctions is to raise money for the guild (even though the price can get pretty high) we use this gold for prizes for other contests as well as for announcements (which now cost a lot to make if you are on plat, still cheap in gold though haha)

All that to say, you are probably right and it is definatly a change we are looking into, but at the same time i wouldn't expect too many auctions to pop up anyways and nothing else uses gold like this on DTI. Our currency is called TP and is based on your post count. Dont be surprised is another currency pops up at some point though

Really? The idea of a new currency and applying it to the guild does not sound all that hard to do in all honestly, key parts is figuring out how to distribute it out to members for activities they have done and and a system on how much is rewarded and the worth of it. Nothing to hard to figure out if everyone took a day to sit down and work on it. Anyway I've owned a guild before, announcements should not be that expensive so why not keep to the gold setting then instead of using Platinum? Seems just as simple and saving in gold funds don't you agree? As for rewards go I don't recall seeing to many events that were held that gave gold cash prizes and if there are some I over looked then it might be better to offer something else prize wise then gold.

As for raising gold goes I believe there are better ways to raise gold for the guild's needs that do not involve pay for content kind of deals, reminds me of EA and the Starwars situation. I honestly do not think its wise to reward guild members based off gold currency and not activity in the guild which is why this currency would do wonders for it. My point being is that if you kept allowing gold to be the means to win auctions then you would slowly but surely kill off the activity for them cause those who could not afford to take part would stop trying due to the ones who has vast amounts of gold at their disposal.

Ah yes TP I read up on it, honestly it seems more like a rank thing then currency due to the fact that its more of a unlockable thing then anything else. Like having to reach so may posts to use so and so and its unlimited so people could spam it in the shops all they want.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:06 am
Trashy Comedian
lief_7
Trashy Comedian

Really? The idea of a new currency and applying it to the guild does not sound all that hard to do in all honestly, key parts is figuring out how to distribute it out to members for activities they have done and and a system on how much is rewarded and the worth of it. Nothing to hard to figure out if everyone took a day to sit down and work on it. Anyway I've owned a guild before, announcements should not be that expensive so why not keep to the gold setting then instead of using Platinum? Seems just as simple and saving in gold funds don't you agree? As for rewards go I don't recall seeing to many events that were held that gave gold cash prizes and if there are some I over looked then it might be better to offer something else prize wise then gold.

As for raising gold goes I believe there are better ways to raise gold for the guild's needs that do not involve pay for content kind of deals, reminds me of EA and the Starwars situation. I honestly do not think its wise to reward guild members based off gold currency and not activity in the guild which is why this currency would do wonders for it. My point being is that if you kept allowing gold to be the means to win auctions then you would slowly but surely kill off the activity for them cause those who could not afford to take part would stop trying due to the ones who has vast amounts of gold at their disposal.

Ah yes TP I read up on it, honestly it seems more like a rank thing then currency due to the fact that its more of a unlockable thing then anything else. Like having to reach so may posts to use so and so and its unlimited so people could spam it in the shops all they want.

Ya that's all fair, im not disagreeing with any of that and was honestly hesitant to do an auction but decided to do it this once. As you can see we havent had one in 2 years so its not like this is a normal thing, just a special thing. It wont and never has killed off activity. In fact in the guild it is seen as another activity and was my main reason for running it was to increase activity... and it worked.

Also if you take another look at the thread with auctions in it you will see we also have a lottery option that i would normally use but decided an auction would better this time because Tamers respond better to it.

As for announcement prices, sure that are not that expensive, about 1000 gold or 10 plat (although i swear it was at 1000 plat a few weeks ago, wonder if they updated or i remember wrong) but even then i expect them to balance out plat and gold in guilds at some point so announcements will be 100mil. Not a lot but still enough to need a good gold stash. Additionally i currently have an event that is about to give out 50bil and i've a few in the past that have as well. It's not like the guild mule is dripping in funds, he has 198bil currently and my plan would be to give that away to a large degree.

Again not against a new currency. In fact if once you have learned the guild and how it works you would like to draft me an idea for a new currency i would love to take a look at it. Previously the ideas we had were vetoed by other VC but as it stands right now there is only me and possibly on other Captain that are active. Also just so you know one of the reasons they were regected in the past was because of lack of need. We give out most prizes in contests so it was deemed unnessasary to have another way to earn them. I do not currently believe that and would like to give currency for activity including rp and possibly even a daily check in type thing. We just need yo give the currency a good purpose or else it is useless.  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Ethan Kirito Soul

Newbie Seeker

6,225 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:52 am
If anyone wants to make some form of group chat on Discord for DTI since everyone has pretty much moved to there. Hit me up! Ethan the Moogle 0718!  
Intro Thread (Come Here First!!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff