Craft Name Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:42 pm
SwirlingDark
Funnily enough, I found my public Craft Name when I was messing about with a silly internet name generator. Here's the link;

http://www.fjordstone.com/fjo/generator.html

It just kind of came up with Serena Myst (there was a middle name too, but I didn't like it. I don't have a middle name myself, so I'm not comfortable with having one in my Craft Name). It just clicked with me and I was happy with it. I use it as my secondary Gaia account name and it's my ID on a few online games.

Thanks for the link Dark! For now I've woven a few resulting names from the generator together to make a (possibly temporary) craft name.
How does Aoura (pronounced like 'aura' o-ra) Windsong Moonshadow sound to you?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:13 am
I have two Craft names, one private and one public. My public Craft name, Risingpanther, came to me as a combination of my element and my totem animal...as well as my ceremonial magick studies. My teacher pointed out to me that the element of air was in the east partly because warm air rises, as the sun does in the east...and thus the Rising in Risingpanther. My recommendation is to let it come to you, you will know the right name when it comes to you. My private name has changed 3 times because of haste in choosing it, and my current one I believe may change again. Many blessings and good luck!  

Aliakai Suntetsu

Priestess of Sekhmet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:24 pm
For the longest time, I had no idea. One night I was sitting on my bed and I just knew. Gemini Amant Servus. I am a Gemini and that fact has always led my life, for I fit the description to a T and have just always considered it an important part of who I am.
The "Amant" is French for "lover" and I seem to always be someone or another's lover... sweatdrop
And Servus was for my desire to devote to the Goddess. The word is Latin for "Slave" or "Servant". I felt that by using it in my name it would help remind me not to stray, not only in Wicca, but also in life in general.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:54 pm
SwirlingDark
Funnily enough, I found my public Craft Name when I was messing about with a silly internet name generator. Here's the link http://www.fjordstone.com/fjo/generator.html

I found a potential craft name in a similar way - though I really wasn't looking for one. One of the names (not the whole thing) really resonated with me, and if I ever was to take on a craft name it would probably be that one.

But I had to post what the link above gave me, 'cuz it gave me a really good giggle...

Cerridwen Merlin Avalon and when I tried again... Matrona Ogham Dragonfhain. Which while I wouldn't necessarily take it on either - is at least more interesting. xd  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Meilos

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:19 pm
Mine just kind of came to me. I was trying to find a name for a werewolf character in one of my stories.. and my last name was a play on a nickname my friend gave me.

It just fit.

Meilos Sophiriet.
(MY-lohs so-FEAR-ee-eht)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:04 pm
My craft (or 'true' name) is as deeply personal to me, and as hidden, as the psychopathic and slightly vicious side of me that sometimes sneaks out when I run out of Midol. It's a name I found in an old poem about the Faeries of Scotland (from which my family originates) and I just knew.... it's an impossible feeling to describe.  

member has died

buwieshingo

Durem Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:16 pm
I don't like people knowing my craft name but I do have two. One is my nickname Buwie and the other is a mixture of my fav animal and my favorite destructive force of nature.

I was just randomly sitting in my room looking at pics of my fav animal when I started thinking about ways of combining a name and my craft name hit me. Funny thing is my neighbor, who's a seer, helped me figure out my craft name and she said my craft name suited me better then others that I would come up with since it just hit me out of the blue and it fits my personality.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:26 pm
I personally don't have my craft name yet but i agree with those that say that it will come to you. I've meditated on it a few times but nothing jarring ever came to me in those so now apart from the occasional meditation and long thought about it I've decided to let the name come to me and though I do have a few top names that I've picked out they don't click for me as I know they should.  

The Spawn of Cookies

delete_my_existence

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:16 pm
*edit*

My name just came to me after I posted here and went back to sleep xp
It is Pioni (which is actually a finnish name for a lovely flower like this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
it's also the last part of "skorPioni" (scorpion). whee

clever huh?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:50 am
User Image My craft name is Loreli Lena Sterndeuter- Loreli s a name I found looking through a baby name book, Lena is an ancient German name {[I've got this strong connection to Germany]} which means 'little angel', Sterndeuter means 'stargazer' in German.  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

loveblackbutterflies

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:58 pm
I've never thought of having a craft name, but I think my own name will do.

Ebony (Black wood) Krystal (the stone and also a mix of my mother and grandmother's name) and a time of day. (I don't spread my last name around)

Edit: Using the before mentioned pagan name generator I recieved;

Tiamat Ariel Midnyte, Rowan Tiger Gaia and Willow Elm Alwyn.

I really like the first one.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:48 pm
I made mine
Procyon Silver Stag

Procyon is the scientific name for Raccoon which is one of my Totem animals.
Silver because it is my favorite color.
Stag is another one of my Totem Animals.  

Endency

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comrade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:19 pm
User Imageρℓαgυε яαтs αη∂ вℓσσ∂ч cяυмρεтs...

I have a craft name: Rave Silvercat

As for discovering/creating a craft name, the only place that can come from is inside of you.

Status >in want of arts

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:38 pm
I've always wondered... Do solitaries need a Craft name as well? sweatdrop  

Kuja_vessel

o sunflower king

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:05 am
I think I've decided on Tarin LionStar.
I might change the last half, though. 3nodding  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff