Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 4: The Three R's, (Lit) RP, Reviews, & Reports (Debate/Essays/Creative Writing)
The Ashura Anthology (( come read plz)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kiro Ashura

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:28 pm
AzureFlame
Kiro Ashura
AzureFlame
Kiro Ashura

Well, I have a theory. Considering there are so many different religions with so many different versions of an after life, I think the afterlife, if one at all, is based on what you as an individual believe. Some believe in reincarnation, some in heaven and hell. Who's to say the other is wrong? So I just trust that whatever you believe is what happens to you and is correct for you. And no, I dont recall ever hearing of NDE'S. Sorry.

NDE's are Near Death Experiences and are often associated with a hallway or tunnel with a light at the end. There are plenty of other visions that a person could have, but "the light at the end of the tunnel" is most common. It's like getting a glimpse of what your death would be like wothout you actully dying. I've heard quite a bit about NDE's, but I wasn't interested much until I read a book entitled Passage by Connie Willis. She too suggests that a person's death is greatly influenced by how they lived their life and the things that some one sees in their NDE is based on their own values and beliefs.

Oh!
In that case yeah I have heard of NDE's I just didn't realize what the abbreviation stood for, and I've had quite a few of them myself. But, I think itsa bit of an oximoron to call them near death experiences when death is always near, thus meaning all experiences are near death experiences. Perhaps that is the passage through the void to the other side, perhaps not. However, my mom's a nurse and she told me of one of he patients that died and was resessatated into life and told them, "there a re dogs up there". So, that leaves a few possibilities. One, heaven is ruled by dogs, he assumed he was in heaven when he could have been in hell, he has an afection for dogs and that was his heaven as an individual, or, they were signs as to what he was going to be reborn as. So, who knows

Indeed, only time can tell. I don't really know whether or not to believe in NDE's.

Oh, and I like Renaissance. It makes me think about we as humans have influenced the condidtion of Earth and how we've kind of crumbled this planet, especially with regards to the environment.
Also, I would like to know the intentions behind "What and The Illusionist."

Who knows.

You identified Renaisance perfectly with what I had in mind when I wrote it. Just observations from what I see.

Now, "What" is a poem I wrote about my little half sister. See, my father did some things to my mom and I when I was young, and went off and maried another lady after promisisng everything to us. Anyway, he's had a couple of kids with his wife, including my half sister. I recently went over to his "magnificient" house to settle things with him. I did not intend to befriend any of his new kids because I imagined they would all be like or on their way to be like my older half sister, (( daughter of yet another woman)), I figured they would be greedy and snobby and pugnacious. However, my little sister is the middle child of these new kids and doesn't get as much attention as the others, and when I realized this, I realized that she wouldn't be like I thought her to be, and that eventually she was gonna need somebody to help her and be a friend to her. I can't rely on any of her family to do that, so, figuratively, I'm thinking of being her Daisy. But, I don't want to mess her up in the long run in some unforseen way, but I don't want her growing up almost alone like I did, except of course, for Daisy.
"The Illusionist" is a reflection on one of my would be Buddhist principles: we are all connected, and that the separation, or seclusion of the different peoples of the world is an ilusion. Through this seclusion things like prejudice, envy, and smite grow and then war and destruction come about from that. The Illusionist himself, the "him" I refer to is no more than mankind itself.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:23 pm
Kiro Ashura
AzureFlame
Kiro Ashura
AzureFlame
Kiro Ashura

Well, I have a theory. Considering there are so many different religions with so many different versions of an after life, I think the afterlife, if one at all, is based on what you as an individual believe. Some believe in reincarnation, some in heaven and hell. Who's to say the other is wrong? So I just trust that whatever you believe is what happens to you and is correct for you. And no, I dont recall ever hearing of NDE'S. Sorry.

NDE's are Near Death Experiences and are often associated with a hallway or tunnel with a light at the end. There are plenty of other visions that a person could have, but "the light at the end of the tunnel" is most common. It's like getting a glimpse of what your death would be like wothout you actully dying. I've heard quite a bit about NDE's, but I wasn't interested much until I read a book entitled Passage by Connie Willis. She too suggests that a person's death is greatly influenced by how they lived their life and the things that some one sees in their NDE is based on their own values and beliefs.

Oh!
In that case yeah I have heard of NDE's I just didn't realize what the abbreviation stood for, and I've had quite a few of them myself. But, I think itsa bit of an oximoron to call them near death experiences when death is always near, thus meaning all experiences are near death experiences. Perhaps that is the passage through the void to the other side, perhaps not. However, my mom's a nurse and she told me of one of he patients that died and was resessatated into life and told them, "there a re dogs up there". So, that leaves a few possibilities. One, heaven is ruled by dogs, he assumed he was in heaven when he could have been in hell, he has an afection for dogs and that was his heaven as an individual, or, they were signs as to what he was going to be reborn as. So, who knows

Indeed, only time can tell. I don't really know whether or not to believe in NDE's.

Oh, and I like Renaissance. It makes me think about we as humans have influenced the condidtion of Earth and how we've kind of crumbled this planet, especially with regards to the environment.
Also, I would like to know the intentions behind "What and The Illusionist."

Who knows.

You identified Renaisance perfectly with what I had in mind when I wrote it. Just observations from what I see.

Now, "What" is a poem I wrote about my little half sister. See, my father did some things to my mom and I when I was young, and went off and maried another lady after promisisng everything to us. Anyway, he's had a couple of kids with his wife, including my half sister. I recently went over to his "magnificient" house to settle things with him. I did not intend to befriend any of his new kids because I imagined they would all be like or on their way to be like my older half sister, (( daughter of yet another woman)), I figured they would be greedy and snobby and pugnacious. However, my little sister is the middle child of these new kids and doesn't get as much attention as the others, and when I realized this, I realized that she wouldn't be like I thought her to be, and that eventually she was gonna need somebody to help her and be a friend to her. I can't rely on any of her family to do that, so, figuratively, I'm thinking of being her Daisy. But, I don't want to mess her up in the long run in some unforseen way, but I don't want her growing up almost alone like I did, except of course, for Daisy.
"The Illusionist" is a reflection on one of my would be Buddhist principles: we are all connected, and that the separation, or seclusion of the different peoples of the world is an ilusion. Through this seclusion things like prejudice, envy, and smite grow and then war and destruction come about from that. The Illusionist himself, the "him" I refer to is no more than mankind itself.

I like how you used the "magician" as a metaphor for human kind and how you use that metaphor to say we are responsible for tricking ourselves into thinking we are divided.
I also think it's nice that you're looking out for your half-sister. Companionship is indeed important and no one should have to fight their battles alone.

AzureFlame

4: The Three R's, (Lit) RP, Reviews, & Reports (Debate/Essays/Creative Writing)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games