Submit

My Story
  Rox0rs
  Sux0rs
  *Does a dance*
View Results

Rettu Skcollob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:59 am
After reading Rednals story, I have decided to make my own. The cat-girl part won't come in the first chapter though, I have to introduce all the characters first, and set the storyline. (So please don't move it)

Edit: I have put a bit of foreshadowing in, so those who have more teeth than brain cells should be able to see the first glimpses of cat-boy/girl things coming.

Chapter 1:

Transformations
thedarkspy 10M3 A Story? 04/12/06

Authors Note: If you are finding this chapter to be too dramatic and not comedic enough, then wait on. The comedy will Come when more characters have been introduced and I have set the storyline.

Greetings. If you are reading this, I have decided to tell my story. These are my account of the events that happened on… that day. And the events that followed. My name? Unimportant. I suppose you’ll guess it anyway. If you’re intelligent, (or lucky). In the fashion of most stories, I think I should start at the beginning.

Chapter One: Beginnings

Kate Hollingsworth is the name of the instigator, and also the concluder of this particular set of adventures. She was born in Australia, in the cold town of Albany. this might seem a bit strange too the reader of this, but do you think all heroes and heroines come from a certain place?.

She was not particularly exceptional. She achieved higher than average grades on schoolwork, but not enough that she would be noticed. She had a few select friends, which although they were not the most popular people, they were steadfast, and would stick by her, whatever the cost. She was not ugly, but possesed that kind of beauty which is only there if you look for it. But it was there.

"See you guys!" Kate waved her goodbyes to her mother and father as she stepped into the gravel driveway outside her house. "I'll see you later!" She shivered suddenly, with something that was perhaps more than just the cold emnating from the bitter wind that was a common occurance in her hometown.

Kate stepped into the shiny car that adorned the driveway, "took your time" said her Uncle Dave, but she could see that under all that beard and those scars, that he was smiling, in a not unkind way. Uncle Dave was a gruff man. And was avoided by the majority of the younger people in Albany, as he had a short temper. but the few who took the time to get to know him, saw through his battered exterior to see the man beneath. (Although, if he saw this, he would undoubtedly say "no-one's gonna be seing through MY exterior if i have anything to do with it!")

The car started with the mandatory wheeze that accompany cars that were owned by Dave. "Are you ever going to get that fixed?" Kate asked in the manner of one resigned to knowing what the answer will be to a question that they just asked.
"You've got to have something that doesn't work quite right... Otherwise you're just a robot." Dave replied in his usual suspiciously philosophical way when asked questions about the numerous things that were broken in his inventory.

The car pulled out of the driveway and joined the slight trickle of traffic that was always there in Albany. Kates parents waved with their usual sense of cheeful optimism. Kate once again had a slight shiver and drew the brightly coloured jumper she wore slightly tighter around her. In a glance, around the car, she glimpsed Daves expression was momentarily grim, but everything was going fine, wasn't it? She must have imagined it.

The car sidled along in that peculiar way the Daves did... it gave the curious impression of going sideways, when when it was going forwards. After a short drive the car stopped off at at a house. "Oh yeah!" Kate said in a bright voice, "we're going to take Zeta with us!" Zeta was one of Kates friends, an extremely intelligent girl, who gave the impression of considering herself above you, although in actuality, she was a girl who was remarkably kind, caring and easy to get along with.

Zeta walked down her driveway, towards the car. She was wearing a blue, buttoned shirt, and green trousers. She carried a book under her arm and a case in her hand. Suddenly, another figure exited from the door. kate looked momentarily surprised, "Hey Dave, are we taking Edmund as well?" She said in a disbelieving tone,
"Yes Kate, Edmund needs to go in our direction." Edmund, was an extremely handsome boy, who attended Kates school. He was extremely good looking, talented, and intelligent, yet he always had an aversion to company. Needless to say, this gave him that curious type of popularity that people of his type often acheive, he was treated with dignity and quiet respect, yet avoided often. Girls had made numerous advances on him, asking for love and romance, but he just smiled sadly and turned them down. What people remarked upon often, were his eyes. They were so dark brown as to be almost black...

Zeta and Edmund respectfully both entered the car. Zeta noticed he was carrying a large bag, which he placed inside the boot of the car. "So Dave, where are we actually going? You haven't told me yet." Kate asked in a tone that suggested that this was a matter of irritation to her.
"We're going to a town I used to live in." Said Dave distractedly. "As a matter of fact, Edmund used to live there too..." Dave suddenly stopped talking, the expression on his face, not unlike one on someone who has just been saying how much he hates the christians, and accentuates the fact that he is a protestant, and then suddenly realises he has walked in on the popes birthday party.

Kate was surprised for a moment. How could Uncle Dave know that? Dave hurriedly interrupted her chain of thought; "I used to know his Father you see."
"Oh." Remarked Kate, She still sensed something nagging at her, but dismissed it. It was a perfectally rational explanation wasn't it? The car drove on in relative silence. Zeta read a book, and Edmund closed his eyes and rested with a contented smile on his face. Kate threw a glance in his direction, he's probably thinking about something nice, Kate thought to herself. She decided to follow suit. "hmm." She thought to herself, "Something nice... Like... Jam...." This line of thought occupying her, she quickly drifted off into sleep.

Kates mind wandered. Sleep has been invested with countless meaning as an oracle, an emotional counter, and many more. But the truth is that sleep is the place where hopes, dreams, memories, thoughts, feelings and other cerebral flotsam, mix together like a childs "mud soup". Like a dice rolling dreams are things that are totally random and as such can be a mixture or a single one of these things. This dream that she was dreaming was... a memory. Long buried under depths of experience and emotion.

Kate wandered. She was back as she was in the carefree days when one can not even spell childhood. It was the day before her entry into her first tier of education, pre-primary school. She had always been a will-powered girl and had decided to go looking for flowers. She did so, finding ones of many different colours and shades, and plucked them in ways that would make botanists faint. As she wandered, with her bunch of various flora clutched in her hand, she came to a clearing. What intrigued her about this clearing was the occupants. Far from the normal denizens of the forest, (rabbits and the like) these two were men. One was dressed in a midnight black cloak, and wore a cowl of the same colour and the other in one of dazzling white. One of the people spoke irratably. "Do we have to wear these damn outfits?" Said the hooded stranger. "It just makes me feel like we're trying to advertise, and I hate advertising!
" You know it's traditional mortimus, said the one dressed in white." with a resigned sigh, " we're the last of the order left and that makes us the leaders. "Don't call me mortimus!" Said not Mortimus "My name is Orpheus Pyrrhus!"
"Do not speak that name again. Just because the guild is gone, it does not mean that we should discard its traditions like they are nothing! The title will be passed down as it has for genrations!" Roared the white stranger.
"Is that so, Hikaru Frediano?" Probably Orpheus said with a mocking voice.

The situation looked liable to burst into flame until another entered the clearing, or rather, revealed themselves. "Can you boys shut up?" Said the new arrival. Kate thought to herself that this was rather interesting and settled herself down more comfortably to watch. "Vidya!" Probably Orpheus and Possibly Hikaru cried in unison. "You survived!"
"Of course I did! I, like you was outside the guild at the time. Damn those bastards!" Vidya calmed down visibly after a moment. So what were you guys arguing about this time?"
"Mortimus here thinks he can shirk tradition!" Vidya grinned visibly at this, "you don't usually care about tradition THAT much Hikaru. What is is that you are really angry about?"
A look af anger passed Hikarus face for a moment. "I may not care much about tradition, but I DO care about honour!" Orpheus smiled slightly at this.
"Your sect may care about honour, but that is not my way!" Hikaru furrowed his brows at this. "What you did was un-nessascary and vindictive!"

"Orpheus grinned even wider now, "but it was however, fun!" Vidya, who had been watching silently up until now, laughed. "So what did you do this time? She asked. "Orpheus had a mock dreamy look on his face, "a rival mage challenged me, thinking my exellent reputation of survival skills added up to cowardice."
"And?" Hikaru prompted,
Orpheus rolled his eyes. "And there was a small matter between me and his sister."
Hikaru boiled over with rage at this, "The small matter of you knocking out her entire staff while you cleaned out her estate! I thought petty thievery above even someone from your sect!"
"Petty thievery yes, but grand thievery is so much more rewarding. Well, anyway, he challenged me, and I showed him the error of his ways." Orpheus finished triumphantly. "By which of course you mean you punched him in the face before the battle began, stripped him of clothes, money, and dignity, and hung him by the leg form one of the tall towers of the dark side of the guild! One of the fifth tier air mages had to get him down, because you and your dark friends were laughing too much!"

Another voice spoke up suddenly, "Sounds like Orpheus is up to the same tricks." The three occupants of the clearing started suddenly, "Is that you Sekai?" Vidya shouted.
"Correct!" Came the reply, "It is I, the incomparable Sekai!" At this another figure rose from the ground, covered in camouflage. Orpheus spoke up "have you been here the whole time?"
"Yes. I have been waiting for the oppurtune moment!"
Vidya interjected then. "Why were you hiding, instead of using the active camouflage like me?"
"Well, it seemed so much simpler to hide here instead."
"So what were you doing here?" Orpheus asked.
"Looking for ingredients to my latest creation!" The other three jumped at this,
"Does it explode?" Hikaru asked tentatively,
"No."
"Well what is it then?"
"A revolutionary new type of..... Jam!"
Vidya grinned. "You're insane Sekai."
Hikaru sighed audibly. "Well, it seems only us four have survived. So shall we go to the castle?" Everyone worded their agreements.
"Well, then let's go!" At this. the Orpheus and Hikaru muttered words under their breath and disappeared, and Vidya rocketed into the sky with a blast of fire. Sekai looked at the retreating Vidya. "It's only just down the road...." At this, Kate (who was starting to get cramps) made a noise. Sekai jumped and peered at her, "hmm, a little girl... Have some jam!" With this Sekai handed Kate a small pot and walked off. Kate shrugged and started her trudge home, with her flowers forgotten.

"The Jam! It burns!" After her initial shock and realisation that she was having a dream, Kate looked around to see that the other three occupants of the car were looking at her rather strangely... Her colour rose suddenly. "I was having a nightmare?" She said hopefully. Dave grunted, Zeta sighed, and Edmund settled back down into his seat. kate noticed that his hair seemed unusually rumpled in two spots near his ears... How could his hair have gone like that? She wondered... Noticing her perusal of his hair... Edmund jolted and quickly smoothed it down. "Is something the matter Edmund?" She asked in polite puzzlement,
"no it's nothing. Really." He said insistently. Kate satisfied herself by looking at him strangely and crossfiling that memory under "S" for suspicious and "W" for; "why have I got a filing system in my mind?"

Soon after that particular incident, the car pulled up into a service station. Kate and Zeta Both got out, grateful for thew chance to stretch their legs. Edmund however, walked off with Dave. "Are you alright Zeta?" Kate asked in a voice of polite, but friendly concern.
"I'm fine." Zeta with her eyes fixed on something else, "that's just a sight I don't get to see very often." Kate followed the general direction of her gaze slowly.
"That's strange... " For sitting there not just a few meters away from them, was a large and elderly dog, looking mournfully at a piece of brown, non-buttered toast.

Her mind still on the "toast incident" and a small smile on her face, Kate sat for some time in quiet contentment. All of a sudden, Edmunds phone rung; "who is it?" Kate aked him curiously, but he was intent in talking. "pieces of the conversation drifted over to her, "yes i'm coming..... No it's not infernal technology..... Keep your temper Aeris you remeber what happened with the toaster...." At this point in the conversation Dave gave a start.
Who's Aeris? Kate wondered. I've never heard his name before. Nice name though. Zeta leaned over, "Probably some crazy relative of his." She whispered, Edmund suddenly gave a start, "You found him???" He almost shouted, Where? yes i'm travelling with others! I told you I woul- oh. Right. I'll talk to you later." He hung up the phone quietly. "Dave?" He asked in a slightly smaller voice than usual, "I need you to make a detour to the castle."

END OF CHAPTER ONE

Well, I got one review saying they wanted more, so for every review I get asking for more, I'll do another chapter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:04 pm
Too short! *Smacks* You see, good stories should have fairly long chapters. If you've been writing this in the posting form, do it in Microsoft Word (or an equivalent program) instead. Aim for a few pages, at least. Trust me, just keep describing things and the quality of the story should improve.  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Rettu Skcollob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:22 pm
thanks I suppose. I really don't have a lot of time to think about it, but I have a lot of ideas, and I tend to try and make the story progress along to fast. That's why I am taking it a little bit at a time. Also, I do not have microsoft word as My PC is not connected to the internet, because the macintosh runs much better and I can use my airport wireless internet system.

P.S The first chapter isn't finished yet! That's why it is not very long. I plan to edit it when I get the chance.
P.P.S *Was Smacked* "Hey!"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:32 pm
Also, I updated chapter one and put an extra paragraph in. "The Jam! It burns!" mrgreen  

Rettu Skcollob

Rettu Skcollob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:19 am
another paragraph is in. I haven't been writng much, but I can only write in peace and quiet.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:34 am
I put another paragraph in and have ended the chapter. If you have been reading this (though I think only Rednal has) Soz i haven't been writing but I was on HOLIDAY rofl  

Rettu Skcollob

geokitty8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:00 pm
ummmm............ neutral neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:25 am
Can't write any more for a while as i: was, am, and shall be ill for some time  

Rettu Skcollob

Rettu Skcollob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:09 am
I added some more in the middle, rather that the end as my mind works in a funny way. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:52 am
Meow,

Does a dance!!!  

dtlcats

Rettu Skcollob

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:20 pm
Yay! Someone else who does a dance!

mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:46 pm
Another bit has been added to the story in the middle, but i will have to add a few more times before it will make sense  

Rettu Skcollob

Rettu Skcollob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:35 am
Soz I have not added in a while, my computers are dead. (Though I suspect no-one is reading the story anyway.)

Edit: Though it saddens me, it seems that no-one is interested in this story, so it is being discontinued.

Edit II: I am writing some fanfiction though, so if you were reading this, i am writing stories at fanfiction.net under the same username.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:11 pm
Sweet. 3nodding  

Neko`
Vice Captain

Rettu Skcollob

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:48 am
that makes about two people who read the story. ^_^; but, I like to write, so I will be writing fanfiction for a while.  
Catgirl Fans United

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff