Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 4: The Three R's, (Lit) RP, Reviews, & Reports (Debate/Essays/Creative Writing)
Crimson Waters NEW RP! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are Vampires Real?
  Yes and they scare me!
  Yes... I vant to drink your blood *attacks*
  No. They are fantacy and science says...
  Yes! They are soooo cool I want you be just like them!
View Results

Josiphine C Pegasus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:27 pm
"Mmm," Sara said. The warmth of being under the tarp was making her a little drowsy. "So when do we set off?" she asked.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:33 pm
"A few hours from now. When you hear the call of set sail, peek out and watch everything. It's really lovely, all the sea spray and everything. All the people in the crowd are waving and if you think hard enough, you can pretend they are waving for you."
He smiled a little sadly  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

Josiphine C Pegasus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:54 pm
Sara sat up a little. "Are you okay?" she asked noticing the change in James voice. "The tone of your voice has changed." she pointed out.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:00 pm
"Hu?" He figured out what she meant.
"Oh. I'm fine. I was just remembering my mother. She was a nag but she was my mother and I loved her. I don't think she'd like my career very much though. She'd insist I was made for something better."
He chuckled.
"This is better than anything else I could have gotten."  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

Josiphine C Pegasus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:04 pm
Sara smiled. "It must be exciting. Every day a new adventure. Bet you never thought you'd be helping out a pretty girl hiding in a longboat huh?" she giggled softly.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:07 pm
He shrugged. "Eh. I turned in an ugly, mean man last time so why not help a pretty, nice girl."
He sounded excited. "Besides, you haven't seen anything till you see a whale. Those things are huge!"  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

Josiphine C Pegasus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:34 pm
Sara gasped. "You've actually SEEN those things?" she was amazed. She'd only seen pictures.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:38 pm
"Yeah and they are the biggest things I've ever seen! They're all covered with barnacles but somehow their still beautiful. I'll never forget their song. Captain says he usually sees a whale at least once every voyage and if you look down when we are setting sail, you will see dophins. Those are fun!"  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

Josiphine C Pegasus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:40 pm
Sara sighed. "Oh that sounds so wonderful." she whispered. "I can hardly believe this is really happening."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:54 pm
He smiled. He could vividly remember his first journey by boat. It had been magical.
"It's real alright. I've heard things about the old colonies too. Their's land that hasn't even been explored it's all so big. The land is free. Can you believe it? All you have to do is build a house and it's yours. When I get tired of the ocean I plan to live there."  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

Josiphine C Pegasus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:12 pm
"Wow," Sara yawned. "I think I'm going to rest before we set sail. Will you wake me when it's time to go?" she asked.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:16 pm
He chuckled.
"Don't worry. You'll be able to hear the call to set sail. Bloody London would be able to hear that man yell."  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

Mad Madam Mimm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:11 am
Todd strolled casually around the ship, breathing in the salty air. He ran his hand over the rigging, feeling the coarse rope beneath his fingers. He looked down over the side, into the waters and thought to himself. This was it. This was his chance to have an adventure. His chance to go somewhere, be someone. His chance to give pride to his family name... his chance to help his ma. He felt slightly sad at the thought of leaving his family, and wondered if they felt the same way...

Suddenly, he heard a yell like a wounded cat. It peirced the air and shattered Todd's daydream, but he smiled. He'd know that battle axe screech anywhere
"Mam!" he cried out, running onto the dock and waving at the plump old woman, her hair scraped back under her bonnet.
"Todd!" came the reply, from the mouths of the large family. They hugged, the girls cried, the boys grinned and all the time Todd's mam held him by the shoulder. She turned to him.
"Now i know that your pa would have been proud of you. Today, you settin' off over seas an' goin to th' new worl'... well that makes you more a man than he ever was, god rest 'is soul."
"Ma..." todd squirmed, embarrased but humble by his mother's words of love.
"No you lis'en 'ere young man. Now don' you go forgettin us. An' don't you go forgettin ter say yer prayers. God speed, Todd. I'll always love you."
Todd smiled and hugged his ma. He suddenly felt so young. He was thirteen. He still needed his family, but he wouldn't cry. He set off back on board, and waved goodbye to his family. Charlie, his elder brother, cried out
"an' don't come back you rotter!"
but their mother quickly slapped him on the head.
"oh i will charlie!" todd called back, grinning. "an' i'll give everyone lots of money, except for you. You'll have to work for me!"
and with that, the family was separated, and the future beckoned.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:24 am
Jamie looked up from his cleaning duties and down to the dock. There was the ship's cook, Todd, saying goodbye to his family. They had only met briefly and he knew he would have to at least get along with the other because the cabin boy and the cook always worked closely together. It didn't escape him though that the cook was younger than him. He couldn't help but find that funny.
He watched as Todd's mother reached out and hugged him tight and sighed. It didn't help that he could remember being rich and wanting for nothing. Riding had been his favorite and there was always one of his mother's hugs waiting for him. She hadn't been the same after everything had changed. She had gone from being a gentle lady to a street shrew. He knew some of the things she had done to protect him and they disgusted him. However, at the same time he was greatful to her for protecting him and keeping him fed.
He missed her.  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

Mad Madam Mimm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:00 am
As Todd returned to the ship, he saw Jamie looking at him. He smiled and waved. Todd was the younger of them, by months, a year at most, but he thought the cabin boy looked older. He hoped they'd get on, as making enemies while stuck on a ship together for several months wasn't the smartest option. He strolled over to Jamie, hands in his pockets, trying to look as mature as possible.  
4: The Three R's, (Lit) RP, Reviews, & Reports (Debate/Essays/Creative Writing)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games