Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 4: The Three R's, (Lit) RP, Reviews, & Reports (Debate/Essays/Creative Writing)
Crimson Waters NEW RP! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are Vampires Real?
  Yes and they scare me!
  Yes... I vant to drink your blood *attacks*
  No. They are fantacy and science says...
  Yes! They are soooo cool I want you be just like them!
View Results

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:38 am
Crimson Waters

Hundreds of years ago, the only way to cross this world's vast oceans was by ship. Most saliors knew that the journey would be filled with many dangers. However, most did not know that every now and then, one of the undead would sneak onto a ship and feed off both passengers and crew on the way to the New World. The unlucky crew and passengers of the Lady Willow have an unwelcomed guest. Who will survive?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:40 am
Rules:

1. Obey Gaia Rules

2. LIT ONLY!!!
Lit- A literate player is someone who spells most words correctly, writes at least a sentence or two per post, keeps up with the plot even if it means going back several pages and playing catch-up, explains absenses after a few days, and follows all other rules.

3. DO NOT ASK TO BE THE VAMPIRE!
Make up a character you like, be it crew member, or passenger and when we set sail, I will pick the best players, ask them if they would like to play the vamp, then randomly roll a dice after I assign each person a number. The one rolled is the vampire. I do this so the vampire is kept completely secret. Whoever is the vampire will make post through me over PM so the identity of the killer is kept secret so we will be working closely together.

4. GIVE ME A RP SAMPLE!
To prevent noobs, I want a sample of your work, it can be made up on the fly or a sample from your other games. I don't care. Just prove to me that you know what you are doing.

5. POST ALL REQUEST TO JOIN (AND YOUR PROFILE) IN THE RP CHARACTER PROFILE SECTION!
Two reasons for this one, I would like to keep this RP clean of clutter so I want all put in the character profiles thread instead of posted up on the RP thread. The second reason is I want to see if you actually read the rules.

6. NO GODING!!!
Just don't do it! It makes the RP a drag for the rest of us! If I ask you if you wish to be a vampire, that means you are good enough to pick ONE special thing about your character. I don't mean uber powerful here, I mean weak elementals, slight magic powers with high chances of failure (you will roll to decide)

7. YOUR CHARACTER MAY GET KILLED!
And unless you offer to take over a character of someone who has left, you may not continue playing.

8. THIS RP WILL USE DICE!
If your character wishes to do something to another character, you must roll the dice. If the other character gets higher than you, your attempt fails.
Example: Sara screamed in rage as she brandished the knife and lunged at the monster. (Sara rolled 8 on two six sided dice)
(Monster rolled 11 on two six sided dice) The Monster dodged nimbly out of the way and prepared for a counter attack.
Clear? Good.

9. HUMANS ONLY!
I hope that rule is clear or we have a problem.

10. THIS RP WILL ONLY LAST AS LONG AS THE VOYAGE LASTS!
180 days from when we leave port. Each day will be played and the day ends when all characters have gone to sleep. A DAY CAN BE PAUSED FOR A PLAYER TO SLEEP, EAT, WORK, LEARN, ECT.

11. HAVE FUN!
The announcements, (what day it is, random crew members, etc.) will be posted in parchment template.

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:41 am
Story: (Long Version)

Life goes on as usual in Bristol. Ships sail in, ships sail out. The schooner Lady Willow is getting ready to sail for the new world. The Revolutionary War in the colonies has just ended and America is experiencing a change. Many Loyalist are fleeing home to England and many others are flocking to the new born country hoping to make a place for themselves.
The Lady Willow is bound for Boston, one of America's largest cities. Commoners, criminals, and noble gentry alike are bound for a new land. Most of them think the voyage itself will be quite easy. The days of lost seamen and low rations are a thing of the past. Little do they know the most dangerous time of their lives is approaching. A creature most think is fiction has snuck on board in the dead of night. Worse still, the creature is a rare and powerful day walker. Although weakened in sunlight they are able to function as normal humans. Let the hunt begin.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:42 am
Crew

(NEEDED!)
Captain

First Mate ~Kaydell~

Name: Senna Hanley
Reasons for the voyage: Young as she is, Senna has been travelling the seas since she was eight and practically lived all her lifeaboard her father's ship. However, due to certain events that created rift between she and her father, she ran away at the age of sixteen and signed up as an independent sailor on another ship, where the captain of the Lady Willow quickly recognized her skills as an expert navigator and pulled her up the ranks.

DescriptionUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Personality: Senna is usually quiet and calm, except when she's barking out orders or peering over atlases, maps and chart. However, her smooth exterior belies an explosive temper that has put her in trouble more than once.

Helmsman ~Sara-ane~

Name: Kyoko (Kyo)

Helmsman

Reasons for the voyage: Kyoko has always been an adventurous girl. She was always getting into trouble and although she was punished severely, it couldn't supress her inquisitive nature. When she found out about the new world she was naturally eager to explore it. After being denied passage aboard numerous vessels she disguised herelf as a boy, naming herself Kyo. She got a job as helmsman aboard the Lady Willow and eagerly helped crew the ship. Kyoko is an excitable girl and learns quickly from observing others. She is a good fighter with anyweapon but prefers scmitars and rapiers to long range weapons. She often has a sharp tonge and is quick to insult whereas trust is hard to get from her.
Description: User Image

Boatswain

Ships Cook ~MimmMimm~

Name: Todd

Reasons for the voyage:A loveable scamp, Todd has left his mother's Inn to travel the world and make a name for himself. His "Plan" is to travel to America, gain wealth, trust and rank, and use his position to provide a better life for his long-sufferring mother and siblings. Todd is the second eldest of two boys and three girls. He loves his family very much (all exept his "rotten" older brother, charlie) but must leave in order to find wealth and become a man. This will be his biggest adventure.

Description: around five and a half foot, with shining green eyes and sandy brown hair. A cheeky smile and freckles can be seen, lurking beneath his grubby cheeks. Usually wears brown leather pants/trousers, and a white blouse, typical of the time

Cabin Boy: ~sara-ane~

Name: Jamison Harrington
Nickname: Jamie or James
User Image
History: At first glance, Jamie is a typical street child, unwashed, course language and a little underfed. However, James is aware that the circumstances he lives in now were not the circumstances of his birth. He was born to Lady Veronica Harrington and was raised in the lap of luxury until shortly after he turned five. The families assets were seized and he and his mother were thrown to the streets.
James has no idea who his father is and although his mother did her best to give him an education befitting his former station, she was unsucessful. Jamie keeps the fact that he can read as a secret. He is a smart boy, a little on the quiet side and was living as a pick-pocket before the captain picked him up and employed him.

Personality: Jamie has a good heart. He has been hurt too many times in his life to be especially trusting but he does have a few close friends. His mother's death when he was twelve hit him hard. Jamie is a hard worker for the captian and this is his second voyage with the man. He loves the sea and being fed and clothed isn't bad either.

Training/Weapons: Jamie is agile and quick. He has picked up street fighting over the years and is a pretty good knife fighter. He thinks on his feet and knows how to get out of a situation when he needs to.

Other: The only thing unusual about James is his eyes, they are golden, with just the barest hint of green. He has no idea how he got such an unusal color of eyes and they have put him in both danger and protection over the years.
There is something special about his father, what that is, we will see.

CREW PROFILES!

(I will allow a good RPer to play two or three characters. ONLY a good player though)  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:43 am
PASSENGER PROFILES! (HISTORICAL CHARACTERS ARE ALLOWED!)

~Sara-ane~

Name: Arya

Reasons for the voyage: Arya comes from a rich family, and is tired of being pampered. She has always been somewhat wreckless. After being informed that she was engaged to a young man of high repute, settled in America, she grew angy with her constricted station in life and what she was expected to do. Instead of fleeing the situation, however, she decides to meet her new fiance and discover for herself what kind of man he is. If she likes him, she will stay, if not... she plans to continue her journey, traveling throughout the new world.

Description:
User Image
Short at 4'9" with an average build she has dark red hair and strikng blue eyes. Her stance and manerisms are that of a young lady of high status: proud, strong, and determined. If asked, she does not believe in such ghastly creatures as ghosts and vampires. Being a devote christian, she wears a cross at all times except during bathing and sleep.
Luggage/supplies: Harp, paper and pencil, slightly large men's clothing(borrowed from her brother), one fancy dress, a good amount of money, a hand mirror, two men's hats, a sword (borrowed from her father's collection) and everyday travel supplies.

Name: Sara Anne ~Josiphine C Pegasus~

Reasons for the voyage: Sara grew up as a slave because her father was poor and soon was so far in debt she was sold. She dicovered early in life that she was rather smart and she began to plan a way to get out of her bad situation. When she heard of a voyage she ran away and snuck on the ship. She knows if she can make it to the new world she can start a new life for herself.

Description: Small and skinny. She looks much younger than she is actually is. She wears a tattered brown dress and no shoes. Her pale skin and hair is covered with dirt making her look dark skinned. Her hair is a golden color and her eyes a crystal blue. The only jewelry she wears is a silver cross given to her when she was born. She has never taken it off.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:45 am
WHITE LIST
(No one yet! Iet's fill this up shall we?)
BLACK LIST
(Ignore anyone on here)  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:54 am
Memorable Posts  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:45 pm
The sun rises on a new day in Bristol. The new schooner, the Lady Willow fairly gleams in the fresh sunshine. People start setting up for the market that runs everyday and slowly, life returns to the town.
The crew on the Willow are preparing to set sail and expect all the passengers to arrive today.
The captain is bellowing orders to his crew as they scramble to obey. A small 14 year old boy is humming a sea tune to himself as helps the sailors haul luggage and shipments abord.
No one knows that a darkness unlike anything any of them have ever seen comes ever closer.
The Lady Willow, perhaps to be known as the Black Willow, is ready for her maiden voyage.
Captain, Crew and Passengers alike, beware.

((BEGIN PLAYING!))  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

Josiphine C Pegasus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:07 pm
Sara dashed along the road quickly. Reaching the dock she hid in the shadows and panted. Her golden hair clung to her sweat drenched face and her blue eyes darted around nervously. She looked at the ships in the harbor. "One of those has got to take me into a new life." she mumbled to herself. Scanning the names she noticed one of the ships called "Lady Willlow" and recalled her master saying something about anohter voyage to the new world. Sara bit her lip for a moment than smiled. "Where better to start a new life than in a New Worl?" she reasoned. She clutched her small amount of money in her hand. It would never be enough to afford her passage on that ship. She shook her head. "I don't care, I'm going." she snuck over to the ship and when no one was looking she crept aboard and hid in one of the longboats covering herself quickly and peeking out to make sure no one had seen her.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:18 pm
Jamie glanced over at the long boats. He had seen the tarp move just out of the tail of his eye. He watched the spot where he had seen movement for a moment longer. There! A pair of blue eyes were peeping out from under the tarp. He gave her a look as if to say, 'don't go anywhere and we will be talking about this' and returned to his duties.
Things were starting to get busy and the morning air was growing dusty from all the dirt kicked up by the horses. It had't rained in a while.

"Here lad, take this down below and tie it down."

One of the crew members handed him a barrel of apples.
"Yesir." With a mock salute, he started down the stairs.  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

Josiphine C Pegasus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:27 pm
Sara had to cover her mouth and nose to keep herself from sneezing with all the dust being kicked up. Sher let the tarp drop over her for a moment. 'Please don't let me sneeze.' she begged.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:39 pm
Jamie finished tying down the barrel of apples and snagged himself one. Thinking for a moment, he reached back into the barrel and grabed a second apple. He had been working for hours anyway and needed a break.
Climbing back up the stairs he headed to where he had seen that pair of eyes. And sat down with his back against the longboat.
He knocked lightly on the side of the boat to get the person's attention.
"Apple?"  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

Josiphine C Pegasus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:16 pm
Sara jumped. She peeked out and smiled a little. She was hungry. She took the apple. "Please don't tell anyone." she whispered pushing a curl off her forehead.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:08 pm
Jamie looked back at her.
"Sorry, but I will be telling the captain."
He waited until she had the proper look of horror on her face.
"After we are a few days out to sea. If I don't, he'll tan me good. It won't be a big deal. You'll just have to work for the rest of your passage. He caught me trying to lift his purse a few months ago and look where I am now."
He smiled a little. "The name's James or Jamie, I answer to both and I will be keeping you fed and watered in the next few days. If you budge from that spot someone will notice."
His grin turned a little sly.
"Oh and I will not be the one to clean up the mess you make in there. I'll try to get you some kind of container. Or do you already have one?"  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

4: The Three R's, (Lit) RP, Reviews, & Reports (Debate/Essays/Creative Writing)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games