Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Fertility and Gynecology Subforum
First Physical and a question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RoseRose

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:31 pm
I had my first "women's annual physical" yesterday. It wasn't that bad at all, though I was VERY glad I ended up with a female doctor. (University Health Center). But... just one thing. When she was feeling my uterus/ovaries it HURT... is it supposed to?

(I am overweight if that makes a difference.)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:45 am
I don't know, but it might be a good thing to ask. I think it didn't hurt for me, but I felt more discomfort than anything else and probably some pressure.  

Nikolita
Captain

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:14 pm
I do not think it is supposed to. That is something that you really need to bring up to the doctor when it is happening. Don't be afraid to say, "Was that supposed to hurt?" That's pretty much what she is there for. If you want a female doctor, do not be afraid to ask for one. I have never seen a male, and I never plan on it. I always make sure I get a woman. Other people prefer a man, and others don't care either way.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:35 pm
If it hurts, let them know. That's one of the things they check for. Occasionally it can mean something bad, but usually it's not a big deal.  

Elven_hime

SinfulStarlet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:17 am
Bring that up, next time you get examined.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:02 pm
Just like the other girls said. If it hurts again just ask if it supposed to.
With me. It hurt but the doctor apologized because he did put a lot of pressure when he was checking.  

miss_cool_danielle

Fertility and Gynecology Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff