Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

`Germicide
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:15 pm
The Celtic New Year

A time to communicate with the loved ones who have passed on.*

People traditionally leave food outside the house for those who have passed on.

The Goddess is in her Crone stage and the God is either in his Death stage or Dying.

http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/amethystbt/samhain.html

** On another note: I would STRONGLY suggest not holding Seances (Sp? )Or using Quija boards. They aren't for fun no matter what the situatuation because you can contact bad spirits and things WILL happen. Communicating means keeping your eyes and ears open for signs of their love. NOT bringing back the dead.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:43 pm
User Image  

`Germicide
Crew

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:45 am
In the origional Celtic Calender, there were six days that were "leftover" at the end of the year, where time stood still the and the boundary between worlds was weakened. This was a time of celebration, leading up to the new year.

My roommate and I have decided to follow this tradition, so we're pretty much having a six day Halloween party (With breaks for class...). Movie marathons, a party/dance, having guests over, spell casting, and a ghost hunt are some of the things we have planned.

It's too bad Halloween in on a Tuesday this year. That really limits what we can do for the grande finale.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:55 pm
I know! Ugh >.< It really does suck because I can't hold a Dumb Supper or set up my altar until the weekend so this weekend I'm going to do everything.

But does anyone fast? I've fasted just about all day but I'm so starving and since its sundown I can eat ^^  

`Germicide
Crew

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:24 am
I don't fast. I have problems with low blood sugar, so I couldn't do a true fast.

There are other versions that involved pretty much eating like a vegan (no meat or processed foods of any kind, drinking only water) in order to cleanse yourself, but I'm in college, in a dorm. That's sort of out of the question. If I cut processed foods out of my diet, I wouldn't be able to eat anything! biggrin

Well, Samhain '07 is creeping up fast. What are everyone's plans?  
True Wicca

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games