Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Edelsteine - The Elder Gods
-S U G G E S T I O N S - and - Q U E S T I O N S - Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:25 am
Okay, thanks Ivy. n__n  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:10 am
Thank you too ^____^  

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:33 am
Ivynian
midnight_medea
Ivynian

A couple of us queried about Temple building being available at youth stage to help give some direction and because it makes sense for a deity to have a almost functioning temple, as it shows they have enough IC followers/belief to evolve to a deity.

Is this a possibility or is temple building still restricted to deity?

It's going to be open for anyone at any stage.
It's being relegated to permanent plotline suggestion for writers.
I'd like to compile a list of general ideas (ho ho SUGGESTIONS and questions) that people can look at for inspiration of what they can write about. Re-establishing a temple, looking for a lost artifact, discovering a lost personal aoide, performing a minor miracle for a small settlement are all among these.

I like that. (I love writing from prompts, can you tell ? <<)

- Reach out into the worlds to widen knowledge and faith in the True Gods - go out and explore, have contacts with wolrds and civilizations that haven't been explored in the setting before. There are as many words and ideas as there are minds here. :>

I will try to stir moar ideas out of mine brain in between solos.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:18 am
AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. <<

As I am starting to futz with the wiki again... The wiki aoide lines do look pretty nightelf-ish, and the info on mortal to aoide upgrade is coming. I've been toying with trying to get Elik to aoide status. Could I get the art from the wiki offer and then have it icly done when the info is released and the option avaliable, or would you prefer I waited until then ?

Also, was there ever information / guidelines up for heroic mortals ? I kind of remember there being some info on them, with them being stronger than base mortals but I can't find it at all. I've been trying to find it to tack it on the wiki, and I don't want to just Make s**t Up like a boss.  

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:57 pm
*follows suit and asks about unrelated thing!* xP

Because people posting in the Symbol/Shape thread reminds me...
Changing features/races seems like something Rio would be very interested in, in order to woo a wider variety of people. You give examples of dwarven and tauric, which are still fairly human-ish. What of races that are less so? Alliances are also mentioned - how would these work?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:59 am
Zero Dream
. Could I get the art from the wiki offer and then have it icly done when the info is released and the option available, or would you prefer I waited until then ?

No to preemptive stuff. People come and go with ability to be active in shop due to RL all the time. I'd rather not give a work-based reward until the work is done. There's plenty of other topics in the Wiki if you want the aoide reward for a character sooner than waiting me to release info on a specific topic.

Zero Dream
. Also, was there ever information / guidelines up for heroic mortals ? I kind of remember there being some info on them, with them being stronger than base mortals but I can't find it at all. I've been trying to find it to tack it on the wiki, and I don't want to just Make s**t Up like a boss.

I.....think there was? not a lot, but yes, a basic description of what they are...

Well, found out that yes, it did exist and where/when - Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Ivynian
Added to the front page an explanation of how the Heroic Mortals fit into the storyline.

Have gotten a few questions about that

So it was information originally up on the front page in whatever announcement format had my personal 10 slots for the Heroic Mortal CYOs.

I've looked through all of October, and while Reyna and Asahi did quote the format of the slots in document styles in the thread to take their own orders, they never quoted (because it was unnecessary) the full informative text.

Don't have a quotes of it in the PM's people sent with info of what they wanted to order for those either.

So unless someone screen-capped it out of nervousness that I wouldn't honor that they had earned a slot I think that information writ up is officially lost.

Is there a post anywhere where there's a listing of all the Heroic certs together for people to go to? Usually I just c/ped the original write ups above the lists for archiving (at least as far as the AOIDE listing thread). There isn't one in the guild aoide list thread, but I don't remember if I made one in some other location.

I DO still have a powers-level answer to a PM I had gotten which vaguely addresses the power levels of hosts/heroic mortals and the gods, but that is debatable as useful for springboard to a new write up. I remember the old one mentioning people like Alexander the Great and Motoko Kusanagi.

>
>

Quote:
PM

I hope this is okay and I apologize in advance for my dumbassery. ;; I set up a quest for a host, intending to use an AU version of one of my ItNotM senshi. I guess my question(s) is this: would senshi magic work in the Edel world? I did make sure to mention that her magic isn't as strong here as it was in her home world, but i am terribly afraid of coming off as OP'd. XD;;; And along those lines, NotM powered folks had to power down occasionally, would that restriction be kosher in Edel or would they be powered up all the time and just like... change clothes?

Again, I am so sorry for bothering you, but I just want to make sure that I am not being a total a**. XD

First and foremost, never be ashamed to ask questions! I consider it my task as 'GM' of the story/world to clarify anything and everything. I'm glad to get questions, since I rarely can predict all the information others need to successfully interact and story tell with their characters in the world setting.

Edel has a pretty clear-cut base power tier system. Unless specific exceptions are made according to powers descriptions or player agreements it goes as follows from least powerful to most powerful (power defined as physical abilities/resistances/magic/mental abilities/etc)

• mortal beasts
  • Mortals
  • Heroic Mortal / Some minor ageless immortals
  • Ageless Immortals (they do not die from time; ex: unicorns, tolkien elves)
  • Aoide
  • Minor Deities / rare Aoide / Morph stage gods
  • Minor Deities/ Youth stage gods
  • Deity stage gods
  • Primodials / Dragon Kings
  • Twin Crown

This is not to say that every god is combat gifted and therefore immune to any and all assault by the lesser castes. This is just a baseline to serve as story-telling springboard.

You don't have to rewrite your sailor scout so much as she is essentially a "Heroic Mortal" class or ageless immortal (rebirthing soul with celestial ties and inherent magic). Her abilities are awesome, but pale in comparison to the might of the reborn True Gods. A good example of usual effect would be the difference in denting from smashing a plain steel sheet with a hammer vs. smashing a titanium sheet with the same hammer. The plain steel would have a large divot and warped surface ( another sailor/Heroic Mortal), the titanium only being scuffed (a youth stage deity).

As far as powering up or always being powered up, it doesn't affect mechanics either way. It seems to me more of a plot device/conversation piece that you could or could not play off of however you chose it to be. If you plan on scuffles happening where she gets into it with other characters, with NPCs, with anyone, her having to power up is an extra post in an rp where an opponent might get in a cheap shot....which could be interesting. It could also be something embarrassing to have to explain to other characters who do not have a transformation necessity before entering combat if they want to use their powers. By the same token, there's a warcraft Night Elf, there's been a few D&D-esque mages and bards, there's been a cancer patient normal human girl with no magic whatsoever.....

The host character serves as a catalyst and offering to start of the story of the god. Edelsteine is about the Gods, their rebirth and re-ascension, how they learn and help or hurt each other and everything that exists. Every host has some trait the god lacked, and this is why the host is important (other then their destiny/fate being sacrificed as fuel to rebirth a True God from dissipation ). The powers and story of your chosen Host are only major story elements during the jewel-morph stage and peter off from there.

Edelsteine
Captain

Edelsteine
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:14 am
Meepfur
*follows suit and asks about unrelated thing!* xP

Because people posting in the Symbol/Shape thread reminds me...
Changing features/races seems like something Rio would be very interested in, in order to woo a wider variety of people. You give examples of dwarven and tauric, which are still fairly human-ish. What of races that are less so?

"There should always be features that they keep, their symbolic features, that would reveal them not only as deific, but would clue followers and scholars as to whom they were talking to. "

I'm not certain how to explain that more clearly without A) stifling possible creative solutions B) just giving an example ?

Example:

Deity Name:HerpDerp, God of Dumbness
Permanent(Primary) Features: overly large, crossed eyes. open-mouth with lolling tongue, erratic mobility (can't go in a straight line)
Symbols: A broken Egg, a reverse-jointed creature, crossed eyes

Has appeared as (list of races) in game: A Hanar, a wildebeast, a MLP, a velosciraptor
Has made alliances with , to appear as ( y ) :
< Thulu, God Invertibrates >, An eyed (it has many and they are all crossed) Hanar body with limbs that look like they belong to the Crooked-Man children's rhyme.
< Heyseuus, God of Raptors >, A cross-eyed velosciraptor with a lolling tongue and knees that face the wrong way.

Meepfur
Alliances are also mentioned - how would these work?

This dynamic is meant to facilitate rping with other gods. Essentially, some people might want Patron Gods, who really just attend to one race as their domain. These are very minor, yes, but whatever floats a players boat. At Youth stage, if you wantto appear to a race that is vastly outside the permanent symbols you've chosen, then you'll need help of the god of that people to assume a form like theirs. Case in the above example - Hanar don't have eyes. At ALL. But that is a primary aspect of HerpDerp. So Herp went to Thulu, bargained out a case for why he wanted to speak to the Hanar (cause maybe thulu is jealous of any worship going to any god not Thulu), and thulu used their magic in conjunction with Herp. Tadaaaa! Herp now is the freakiest looking Hanar that ever was.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:43 am
Ivynian
No to preemptive stuff. People come and go with ability to be active in shop due to RL all the time. I'd rather not give a work-based reward until the work is done. There's plenty of other topics in the Wiki if you want the aoide reward for a character sooner than waiting me to release info on a specific topic.

That's what I figured, but might as well have it clear if anyone else was thinking about it :>

Ivynian
I.....think there was? not a lot, but yes, a basic description of what they are...

Well, found out that yes, it did exist and where/when - Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Ivynian
Added to the front page an explanation of how the Heroic Mortals fit into the storyline.

Have gotten a few questions about that

So it was information originally up on the front page in whatever announcement format had my personal 10 slots for the Heroic Mortal CYOs.

I've looked through all of October, and while Reyna and Asahi did quote the format of the slots in document styles in the thread to take their own orders, they never quoted (because it was unnecessary) the full informative text.

Don't have a quotes of it in the PM's people sent with info of what they wanted to order for those either.

So unless someone screen-capped it out of nervousness that I wouldn't honor that they had earned a slot I think that information writ up is officially lost.

Is there a post anywhere where there's a listing of all the Heroic certs together for people to go to? Usually I just c/ped the original write ups above the lists for archiving (at least as far as the AOIDE listing thread). There isn't one in the guild aoide list thread, but I don't remember if I made one in some other location.

I DO still have a powers-level answer to a PM I had gotten which vaguely addresses the power levels of hosts/heroic mortals and the gods, but that is debatable as useful for springboard to a new write up. I remember the old one mentioning people like Alexander the Great and Motoko Kusanagi.

There isn't a listing thread that I know of other than the one in the aoide thread (which has no info, just the list of those you've done) and the one in the remake the sky event, which has info about the event itself and what we could/couldn't do with the lineart.

Im pretty sure I gathered the list for the first event long after the info was gone, but I think I went through the thread to yoink certs, and as you said no one quoted the info directly ?

I could try to make a new write up and submit it to you if you'd like ? As far as I remember, they were pretty much mortals of exceptional resilience and strength, but still clearly mortals.  

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

Edelsteine
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:01 am
Zero Dream

I could try to make a new write up and submit it to you if you'd like ? As far as I remember, they were pretty much mortals of exceptional resilience and strength, but still clearly mortals.

BY all means, type away! I'll have a look over it when you've got it together.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:02 am
Excellent, thank you Ivy! Wasn't sure if it was limited to predominantly human things, or if more creature-y folks were alright, but since they are~! Rio will be very happy to know he can appeal to EVEN MORE potential lovers followers.

EDIT: Now that I think about it more...Rio always keeps his wings. Does he need to keep them exactly as they are, structure-wise, or is the main thing that they remain candy/gold? Like...he has a thing for one of Tlac's Tylluan, but an owl with Rio's wings would be lulzy, since they don't work for flying. Would he be able to have more owl-like wings, as long as they had the gold adornments and some sort of candy element (holding the pinions together, or something)?  

Meepfur

Edelsteine
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:10 pm
If you're picking his wings as one of his primary features/symbols?

Ultimately it's up to you exactly how he would come out, since there's no player of the god of owls or of a Patron God of the Tylluan. If you want my opinion, an owl with 4 wings, two for flying and two that are candy

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:28 pm
OMG THAT OWL. *dies*

Yeah, his wings are his dominant feature even as god, so it would seem the obvious choice for something to carry over :3. I hadn't considered the possibility of four wings, derp. It might look nice to have them sort of laying as a framework overtop the 'real' wings, hmm. Thank you again! emotion_bigheart  

Meepfur

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:11 pm
Omgdatowl.

XDDDD heart  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:10 pm
Questions about the new Aoide lore! biggrin

1.) If a god takes a mortal's/ageless immortal's name and essence into themselves (i.e. aborts the Aoide-making process) do they get a power boost from that? What other effects come to the god by doing this? Because I get the feeling Phae likes that sort of thing. >______>

2.) Can a current Aoide of the 'lost-and-found' variety be bonded more closely to their god by undergoing a variant of the Aoide-making process?  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:10 pm
Ivynian

Is it possible to get a plotting subforum? o:  
Edelsteine - The Elder Gods