Funkcarla8
Crew

Dapper Shopper

1,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:07 am
I've been practising wicca for just over a year, are there any books you' drecommend as i can't find any covens near me.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:53 pm
I have a list of books in my introduction  

`Germicide
Crew

CoonHillda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:20 pm
My boyfriend ex g/f came over and started ranting about how she was a wiccan and a priestess untill i showed her a book i had and that shut her mouth. I dont mind wicca as a religion i just mind the croud it tends to attrack but normaly after a couple of years or even after they realize casting a spell isnt going to give you a reaction right away those kind of people that bother me grow disinterested.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:19 pm
Yeah.

Its mostly teens that do that. After about 6 months they get tired or their parents find out  

`Germicide
Crew

CoonHillda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:58 pm
Yes indeed sorry i have not been around much but i have been mando busy with real life. I also have been dealing with a new guild on my main account when i do get the time there are many uninformed people in that guild and im not sure i have the patance to be a teacher when they are going to argue over facts.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:56 pm
Its ok ^^ if you would like, I'd be so very glad to help you with anything you need.  

`Germicide
Crew

wizardly_warlock

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:15 pm
Konomiko92
Yes.

Witchcraft is just a practice.

Wicca is a religion that practices it. Wicca has alot more to do with religion then people think.

Question.
So does that mean you can practice witchcraft while your, say a christian, without changing to another religion?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:14 am
wizardly_warlock
Konomiko92
Yes.

Wicca is a religion that practices it. Wicca has alot more to do with religion then people think.

Question.
So does that mean you can practice witchcraft while your, say a christian, without changing to another religion?

Actually yes.

And its common in the world of fluffies. Witchcraft doesn't have to have the goddess. It can have the god. (In Wicca you have to have both) And you can only call upon the god. But that is, if you wish to break the rules of Christianity.

I really wouldn't suggest trying to be both Wiccan and Christian. It tends to get very, very complicated. Its how I started out.  

`Germicide
Crew

Starlock

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:54 pm
wizardly_warlock
Konomiko92
Yes.

Question.

Different people will answer this in different ways. Whether what you ask is true or not depends on how narrowly or broadly you define what a Christian is and what witchcraft is.

For example, if witchcraft is simply doing spellwork, all religions have their own sorts of spells and magic. Baptism for example is a very magical rite and so is Communion. That's not normally what people think when they hear 'witchcraft' however. The other side of the story is that since the Bible explicitly forbids the practice of witchcraft and other magical practices (excepting the Christian forms of magic), a Christian Witch would be giving into Satanic temptations.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:40 pm
Do you know any truth spells or a way for someone to be able to see thru lies and deciet to see the true intentions of another person?  

jennyluver

`Germicide
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:51 pm
jennyluver
Do you know any truth spells or a way for someone to be able to see thru lies and deciet to see the true intentions of another person?

That can be done through:
A) Knowing body language
B) divination

No spells are needed.

You should do spells as little as possible  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:15 am
`Germicide
Actually yes.

And its common in the world of fluffies. Witchcraft doesn't have to have the goddess. It can have the god. (In Wicca you have to have both) And you can only call upon the god. But that is, if you wish to break the rules of Christianity.

I really wouldn't suggest trying to be both Wiccan and Christian. It tends to get very, very complicated. Its how I started out.
True, although I wouldn't say "it can have just the god" to refer to both the Wiccan god and the Christian god, since they are both very different deities. If one were to have just the God of Wicca, they still wouldn't be following the Christian god.

An easier way to say it would be "you can follow any god and practice Witchcraft".

Wicca is another matter though.

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
True Wicca

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash