Reply The Final Fantasy Freaks Guild
RP #2 ~ FFVII: Shadows of the War Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaede

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:07 am
Elena shrugged, sobered up by the mentioning of their... questionably competent leader. She shook the thought away, trying to have a little more faith in him - but not blindly so.

"He didn't give me the sign - he was too busy entertaining out "guest". Don't worry though, I'm quite certain he was pouring her a special drink as I was stepping out." She cut herself short there, not wanting to draw anymore doubt onto his current state. She knew Rude would get the meaning of her words."We just have to make sure there aren't any slip-ups. How're our potential travel plans looking?"

=======

She would have groaned if she had the energy, but she didn't have the energy to manage even that. As Reno's last words confirmed her suspicions, she fell back toward her left, hardly aware of the floor smacking her face.

Business....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:04 am
Reno knelt down and picked Yuffie up off of the floor. Setting her on the bed delicately, Reno picked up his PHS and called Rude.

"Rude? This is Reno. The kids out like a light, you and Elena get back here now. I want to get out of the city immediately," Reno said in an authoratative tone.

Now was the moment when everything came down to the nitty-gritty. Once they got out of Wutai proper, their escape would be relatively easy. Or Reno hoped so, at the very least.  

Gwyn Masamune
Crew

Gwyn Masamune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:16 am
ooc: Okay, we're FINALLY almost back to the main characters. We're just going to do the trade between the baddies and the Turks, then what happens there will spur on the main plot. I'm sorry this thing has taken such a skew, but I'm doing my best to get it back on track >.<

I'm going to spur on the plot with Augustus Black, the mayor of Junon.

bic:

Mayor Black finished signing the last paper of the day that rested on his desk and stood to his feet. Yawning, he noticed that it was already 9:00 PM. Exasperated, he hurriedly tidied up his desk then left his office and locked the door. Hurrying out to the parking lot, Black hopped into his car and drove off. After weaving in and out of the city streets, Mayor Black approached the elevator leading to the Underwater Base. Showing his ID to the guards in front of the elevator, he got in and pushed the button for the lowest floor. After a few minutes in the elevator, the doors slid open, revealing a dark lobby. Knowing exactly where he was headed, Black took the left hallway and headed down several flights of stairs until he came to a very large iron door. Black leaned into the ocular scanner and let the machine read his eye. A green light flashed, and a cool soft woman's voice spoke out.

"Good evening, Mayor Black. Opening doors to Testing Facility Delta."

As the voice finished, the hulking iron doors creaked open. Stepping inside, Mayor Black became covered in a light blue glow. The hum of instruments and the clacking of keyboards was everpresent in this room. The scientists who occupied this room were all busily gathered around a large testing tube. Noticing their excited chatter, Mayor Black hurried over to them.

"Doctor Rios, whats the situation?" Black asked excitedly.

"Oh, Mayor, what a pleasant surprise! We're about to enter the final stages of testing. We were only waiting on you to arrive. May we proceed, sir?" Rios asked with utmost courtesy.

"Begin the process immediately, doctor."

Giving a slight bow, Doctor Rios began ordering the other scientists to their stations. As they cleared the area, Black looked into the test tube with a zealous fire burning in his eyes. There was a man inside the tube, suspended in a light blue liquid. Tubes were inserted into the back of his neck and his extremeties. Looking over at Rios, Black gave a nod. Rios looked up at the other scientists.

"Begin the fusion now," Rios said, doing his best to mask his excitement.

As the other scientists began tapping at their keyboards and adjusting dials, the tubes inserted in the man in the tube began to fill with glowing liquid. As soon as the fluid reached him, he stiffened. The fluids slowly drained out of their containers, and soon enough they were completely empty, all having been injected in the test subject.

"Fusion process complete. All signs normal. Test subject's life signs stable. Mako fusion successful!" Rios said triumphantly.

As he finished saying this, Mayor Black smiled shrewdly. With this new power, Junon would be able to conquer all of the other nations of the world with ease. Even Wutai's fighting force would be uncapable to handle the might of Junon's SOLDIERs. Looking over at Doctor Rios, Black spoke up.

"Good work, doctor. Prepare for mass production immediately," Black said, and turned on his heel and headed back out the large door he had come through. With the aid of the material he had received from Fury, Augustus Black would soon become the proclaimed emperor of the entire world.

ooc: Oooooh, Mako infusions back!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:36 pm
Simultaneously receiving the radio message from Reno, Elena looked up at Rude nodding briefly toward the hotel. They should head back. But, she lingered, waiting for his response. Rushing back now would be worthless if they didn't have an escape route. "Da Chao it is, then?" She asked, knowing the mountain path to be mildly perilous, but more irritated by memories of the place.  

Kaede

Ayame
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:10 pm
"Hmm..."

Rude stared off in the distance for a second, surveying the options. Why couldn't he remember that fourth option for an escape route? This wasn't like him to forget.

"Elena, go back and help Reno," he told her and before she could protest he added, "It will make much more sense if you acted as her friend helping her home. Having me help him will draw attention."

He tossed the blonde a set of keys. "I'll clear the way and make sure we won't be seen. Tell Reno that we'll met at Da Chao."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:04 am
Catching the keys, Elena nodded. "I'll be off then." She said, still facing him. She was grateful for Rude's level-headed demeanor at times like this. Reno leadin Yuffie out would look odd, and removing the young Kisaragi in this manner might give Rude some time to talk a little sense into their leader.

Losing her train of thought, she lifted up the keys and gave them a slight jingle. "What're the keys for, though?"

Kaede

Ayame
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:40 pm
Rude stifled a laugh. He forgot for a moment that his typical signs of moving forward wouldn't be read as easily with Elena than with Reno.

"Car," he answered. "I managed to persuade a local to sell me their car. I don't know how they got it onto the island, if you ask me, but it'll be some cover at least."

He began to walk away before he remembered something and turned around once again. "Oh, and don't let Reno drive. I don't think his skills would be worth a death going into Da Chao."

((OOC: I have NO idea if cars can get into that place. My guess is that Da Chao's wide enough to let those wagons or carts to go through which should be around a minicar's width.))  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:50 pm
The hints of a small, but earnest smile marked Elena's face, as she tilted her head slightly, nodding in response to Rude's reaction and behavior.

"Got it. I don't think the car will get us into Da Chao, but we can at least ride it up there." Pocketing the keys, she turned on her heel and headed back to the hotel without a second glance. "See you there."

Reaching their room, Elena rapped briefly on their door.

Kaede

Gwyn Masamune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:00 am
Hearing the knock on the door, Reno got up and opened it. Seeing Elena brought a sense of relief to him. It really seemed like everything was going to go smoothly.

"Hello Elena... I've just been preparing our friend here for travel," Reno said slyly, whilst motioning over to Yuffie, who was lying on the bed in a new change of clothes.

"Anyways, nevermind that. Where are we meeting Rude?" Reno asked, this time regaining his serious composure that he had always had when on an especially hazardous operation.

((ooc: >.> No, Reno didn't molest Yuffie or anything, he's just being a jackass))  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:44 pm
Rude had cleared out the way to their destination, although that task wasn't that hard. There were hardly any guards here in Da Chao -- many had already gone home and those who were still on duty were at the palace: a good distance away from them.

Though, he had to take out two people. They were probably lovers or something, touring the area at night, but this mission required the utmost secrecy as possible and Rude was forced to use a custom mixture of his that both paralyzed and subdued the targets' mind. Or to put it simply: keep them asleep for a long, long time without a fuss.

He looked around the twisted road in Da Chao, taking a look at his handiwork of removing any witnesses and observation of the area itself. It was quite windy tonight, although it was always windy at this place. He leaned against one side of the pillar's entrance, careful to make sure that nobody saw him as he waited for Reno and Elena to arrive with their objective.  

Ayame
Captain

Kaede

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:27 pm
Elena wrinkled her nose in distaste at Reno's treatment of their cargo, but refrained from commenting on it.

"We're to head out to Da Chao. Rude managed to procure a vehicle, so it'd be best if you dragged the stuff out to it and I made a small act of helping our friend over there to the car as if I were driving a drunken buddy home," she explained, motioning toward Yuffie with her head. "It was Rude's suggestion that it'd be less conspicuous that way," she added, hoping to quell or at the very least lessen any complaint from Reno in this manner.

The Final Fantasy Freaks Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff