Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

reddy4nething

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:23 pm
2day my teacher talked about the men who got the talents...(fyi:i go 2 a Christian school...Thank God literally...)just like the man who buried his,if we dont use our talents for God,we're actually sinning...so if u can sing really well,do well academically,or some other talent,USE IT 4 HIS GLORY!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:38 am
Great point.  

Atarashi No Sensei

barbiedoll13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:52 am
I do. I love singing, and people have told me many times that I'm a good singer, and I always sing praises to God, wherever I am.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:40 pm
heh...
i have to find it first before i can use it. -_-  

Siren of Saturn

Curium

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:37 pm
reddy4nething
2day my teacher talked about the men who got the talents...(fyi:i go 2 a Christian school...Thank God literally...)just like the man who buried his,if we dont use our talents for God,we're actually sinning...so if u can sing really well,do well academically,or some other talent,USE IT 4 HIS GLORY!!!

The talents mentioned in the bible are a type of money. Not actual talents. And the point of the story wasn't that it's a sin to not use your gifts for God. The point of the parable told by Jesus was to tell us that we should share the gifts that we are given or else he'll take them from us.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:43 pm
Yes, however we can also apply that to our own talents, as we know them today. It's not wrong to interpret the Bible in different ways, just as long as it lines up with scripture. I think saying that God wants us to use our talents for Him lines up with scripture pretty good.  

Elenielle

Shameless Lunatic

Curium

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:45 pm
x_Hikari_x
Yes, however we can also apply that to our own talents, as we know them today. It's not wrong to interpret the Bible in different ways, just as long as it lines up with scripture. I think saying that God wants us to use our talents for Him lines up with scripture pretty good.

I know, I was just saying that it wasn't a sin to not use our gifts...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:02 pm
hehe i sing, and i have a bad voice[: but i dont care what others say about me cuz i know that God is blessing me when i do  

koreanusher

koreanusher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:03 pm
it is a sin because. like, i dont know where the verse is but i think its in the old testament. where it says a man didnt give glory to God.. and then he was put to death. dats kinda like this situation  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:51 pm
Hmm...i don't know what to think, but i havn't thought about. I am an artist/composer, and have written a couple songs about God. I want to write more and do art for Him.  

ryoushinn

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff