Reply The Drunken Dwarf Tavern
D&D Help Area - Q&A and otherwise Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DJ Ducki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:08 pm
I've noticed a bunch of times there's mis-ideas about D&D rules and such, different forcomings on different things, so I'm opening this up to the public. I may not have played for a REALLY LONG time but I know at least most rules on cue, so if there's a main question you have about things, bring it here. I'll try to answer it to the best of my abilities, and if I can't, we can poll the general population. Just thought I'd help out the people that need help with creating characters or having other questions in general.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:07 pm
This isn't really about the rules, but it seems like something seasoned veterens would know. Is there a website that has all the prestige classes listed on it? At the very least, I need shifter and vigilante.  

blakat1313

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:30 pm
www.crystalkeep.com has a brief thing about it, I think it's up lvl 5=8 for the pretige class.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:28 pm
I'm also a very good source of almost any DnD related info you might possibly need. Just, post, I guess....?  

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

blakat1313

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:38 pm
DimitriFate
www.crystalkeep.com has a brief thing about it, I think it's up lvl 5=8 for the pretige class.
Thanks for the help, but is there one that doesn't require downloads? I'm on a family computer and my mom has something against this game. (something to do with my dad playing it)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:44 pm
It's not a download per say. It uses Adobe  

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

DarkHayama
Crew

Unforgiving Millionaire

15,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:17 pm
hmm...this is I guess more of a question of opinion, as if it were simply about the rules, I could look it up, I have enough books. I was looking at the Invisible Blade prestige class in Complete Warrior, and to reap some of the benefits, you can't be wearing armor. So, my question is, do bracers of armor count as armor? I mean, they're not "armor" as in you don't have to be proficient with armor to wear them, cuz, you know, wizards can use them. But they do grant an armor bonus to AC. So, what do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:08 pm
Bracers aren't considered armor, the armor that they generate is an invisible barrier of magic. So that it wouldn't be considered Armor.  

DJ Ducki

DarkHayama
Crew

Unforgiving Millionaire

15,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:11 pm
yeah, I figured as much. And I also asked the question on the main tabletop forums, and got the same answer. So that's good to know. I went with gloves of dexterity +4 though, it's 2 less AC, but gives me +2 to my attack too (since I have weapon finesse) as well as any skills that need Dex heh.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:37 pm
Bracers of Armor don't count as armor (even though they provide an armor bonus), and thus, can be used by those such as Mages or Monks.

Nifty thing about the Bracers is: you can give it magical properties much like that of armor (only up to a +5 for non-epic characters).  

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

DJ Ducki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:39 pm
Iomma Sensei
Bracers of Armor don't count as armor (even though they provide an armor bonus), and thus, can be used by those such as Mages or Monks.

Nifty thing about the Bracers is: you can give it magical properties much like that of armor (only up to a +5 for non-epic characters).

You can? oo; thats interesting, never knew about that. Kinda like the thought of having monks with magically enchanted fist wraps so that they would keep their unarmed strike damage but add effects to it (at least I thought that)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:45 pm
Iomma Sensei

Yeah, actually I remember my friend saying something about that once. It's a shame bracers and gloves take up the same "slot" though.  

DarkHayama
Crew

Unforgiving Millionaire

15,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200

DJ Ducki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:46 pm
DarkHayama
Iomma Sensei

Yeah, actually I remember my friend saying something about that once. It's a shame bracers and gloves take up the same "slot" though.

If they didn't, having Dex Gloves and Armor Bracers or any other type of bracers (archery) would lead to some massive power. in a sense  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:48 pm
indeed. Are there anything other than gloves that give a dex bonus? I mean, there's lots of different AC bonuses, but the only Dex giving item I know of are gloves of Dex. I haven't really memorized the items even in the DMG though, so I dunno.  

DarkHayama
Crew

Unforgiving Millionaire

15,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200

DJ Ducki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:54 pm
Not that I know of, I've looked through the DMG items at least a bunch of times, there's probably some things that might give like small enchantments to them. Only thing I know that is a sure fire thing on it, is the tomes and manuals that if you read them, they permenantly gain a certain amount in an ability score.  
The Drunken Dwarf Tavern

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff