LabTech Deusy

Invisible Officer

13,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:58 pm
Okay This may sound Dumb but....
Since people become Imortal when they die and thoes that go to hell why can they over throw Satan. I mean its not like there going to die again so couldnt they just kick him out or something? Whats stoping them from doing that? Surely not pain there imortal how is pain going to affect them? Any ways it was just something I was wondering about.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:05 pm
They would have no will to overthrow Satan. Hell is only for those who don't want God in their lives. They would be living in horror, but have no hope for anything else because hope comes from God. And if they simply sought vengeance on Satan, they wouldn't overpower him.  

Elliot Reilly McMonty

TezzyDarling

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:11 am
You don't give satan enough credit, believe it or not having a hell rampage isn't going to stop him, I don't think he'll be walking around monitoring people anyway. Think of all he's done, all his angels, and demons...

They over powered a mass amout of people here on earth today with sin, all fall victom of their power. Shurly they will over power satans kingdom as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:01 am
but this is where you are slightly wrong my friend. In Hell, is suffering, but it is also mentioned that they will die again. This is called the second death. You only have eternal life if you go to heaven. they would be suffering a great deal, i mean, wouldn you be in a boat load of pain if you were stuck in a lake of fire of hundreds of years? they dont die right away, the process is slow, but they will die.

but with over throwing satan, think about the hordes of demons, they are the ones also adding in the pain and torment. and Elliot made a good point, they wouldn have the will to do so, all hope is gone. there are no second chances... or 1 millionth... or billionith... so on and so forth, but i think you get the picture.

i do not know everything. so this is only an oinon of what i know. this is why we have these threads though, to learn from each other. If i'm wrong in anyway, please let me know... ^^  

thrashmetaljunkie

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Oh, I'm sure that you could try (that is assuming you could overcome the pain enough to 'move', but, you know), but I'm equally sure that The Satan could right well kick your arse.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:56 pm
they may be imortal but all u do in hell is burn without dying thinkabout buring 4 iternity not to mention with all the smoke down there u couldn't see a thing plus satan is imortal  

Miami Dolphins Fan

rockmanx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:38 pm
For one thing, Satan is distoried, made no more.

Quote:
Ezekiel 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

Also, hell is not what most think it is. After all, there are three words in the NT that was translated into Hell and each one has a different meaning. Also the world "blot" as in blot us out of the books of life, is "exaleipho" which mean in the english "obliterate." The lake of Fire is not called the second death for no reason. Usally when YHWH says death, He means it.

Of the tree words translated into Hell, Gehenna is the closes one to descibing the lake of fire, while Hades just means the grave or after life. Gehenna, is used to sybomlise the Lake of fire. Gehenna was a pit out side of the city where they threw their trash and it had fire going all the time. A fire that consumes everthing, and the scripture both in Deuteronomy 4:24 & Hebrews 12:29 calls our Father YHWH the consuming fire. This is the reason He said in Matthew 10:28 "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy(kill) both soul and body in hell (Gehenna)." Becuse He spoke our souls into being, He can distroy(kill) them as well. Check the greek text out.

The Third word in the NT that translates to Hell is Tartus and this is only found in 2 Peter 2:4. Tartaros isthe deepest abyss of Hades or what we come to call the bottomless pit.

As for the OT, Sheol is the word that gets translate in hell but it has much the same meaning as Hades, the grave or after life.

Did I wake anyone up?

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff