yes 1 & 3
  yes 2 & 3
  yes 1
  yes 2
  yes 3
View Results

Jocken

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:38 pm
What will it take for the onset of atheism to cease?
What must God do to bring the stubborn, self-believeing, and secularly-minded to their knees?
What will it take for Christians to again have the upper hand in the highest class of intellectuals?
How many Christians wish for God to stretch out his hand and send an onslaught of his holy power through our country and the world?
How many wish to see great prophets and miracle workers in the public eye, undaunted by press and politics with only the thoughts of God in their heads?
How many think we need a taste of God's full and boundless power?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:13 pm
We can't respond yes or no to questions that ask, "How many . . ."
I think that we do deserve to see God in his full power, and we can, if we follow him. Oftentimes God's greatest miracles are ignored by most every day. If we follow Him, we will see, and all those who choose Heaven will also witness God in all his glory.  

Elliot Reilly McMonty

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:10 am
Well I will help you

What will it take for the onset of atheism to cease?
A deaditcation,and a completely new life style

What must God do to bring the stubborn, self-believeing, and secularly-minded to their knees?
Give them dreams or visions of him,or save them if they get hurt

What will it take for Christians to again have the upper hand in the highest class of intellectuals? I dont understand

How many Christians wish for God to stretch out his hand and send an onslaught of his holy power through our country and the world? I wish he could,but there are to many other beleifes.

How many wish to see great prophets and miracle workers in the public eye, undaunted by press and politics with only the thoughts of God in their heads? Politics and religion dont go together,last time they did we had the roman catholics.

How many think we need a taste of God's full and boundless power?
I do.
But its enough for me to be gifted from him,and him saving my life pplenty of times

smile

I hope I was of help  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:19 pm
When I say "how many," I obviously mean something like "do you." It is a question stated to be addressed to a group rather than a singular person. Get it? If you don't, just replace "how many" (or "how many Christians")w/ "do you" in your head, ok?
As to the question about my third statement, I was addressing the issue of the "enlightened" class of people, in which the general concensus is that to accept God is to commit intillectual suicide, as God has been disproven by man. That issue. What will it take for Christians to be able to defend themselves on such a level?  

Jocken

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:20 pm
Jocken

What will it take for Christians to again have the upper hand in the highest class of intellectuals?

Ooh, this one I know.

Intelligence and acceptance. Something most Christians these days seem to lack.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:23 pm
Yes, that is unfortunate. However, in my experiance even knowlegable Christians with sound arguments and points are usually shunned by simply mentioning what they intend to argue for.  

Jocken

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:39 pm
Yeah, usually due to our less intelligant counterparts buggering stuff up for us.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:49 pm
that does eem to be the case, however, I would venture a guess that even w/o that factor, devout atheists would disreguard any intelligent argument for God all the same.  

Jocken

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:15 am
Jocken
that does eem to be the case, however, I would venture a guess that even w/o that factor, devout atheists would disreguard any intelligent argument for God all the same.

I dunno on that one. There have been several atheists who have been more that willing to entertain discussion as to religion.

Though, I think that most atheists are jaded against christianity in the first place would be the fault of the stupid christians, so we can't really blame them.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:57 am
We ask God for wisdom. He is supposed to use us in any debate.  

Atarashi No Sensei

Jocken

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:38 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
Though, I think that most atheists are jaded against christianity in the first place would be the fault of the stupid christians, so we can't really blame them.

Then I suppose it is now the charge of intelligent Christians to make themselves known. I, for one, wouldn't like to be accosiated with the idiotic dogmatic ramblings ignorant people make in the name of Christ.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games