Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
I dont know what to do.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Fatal Pastry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:13 am
My God given dream is to be in a christian band, but I'm so afraid! I play bass guitar, but I'm scared to practice, and I think this is a strong hold satans putting me in. I am also get extremely bad stage fright. And my relationship with God is like stuffed at the moment...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:57 am
Don't be afraid. Maybe God has another plan for you.  

burner6336

Seority

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:40 pm
User Image

Um, sometimes doing things that don't seem right that God has told you to do can be fun. ^^
It's also an adventure. At the very least, try to do what he has tod you, and if you come to a point were something is stuck that you can't move out of the way, stop then. You did your best and maybe all God's wanting to do is see if you would acctually just do it, even if it doesn't work out.
I hope you get my point ^^' My brains a little woosie today.

Kitty teh bread.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:12 pm
I'm also on my way towards a christian music career. I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes practicing your instrument gives you those thoughts of 'whats the point? I'll never get anywhere', and then your fear of being on stage and having people hate you is another fear I have.

However, someday you're going to be old. Someday you won't be able to play bass anymore or sing or worship God in a way that comes divinely from your heart. When I get up on stage, I realize that I'm not playing for popularity. I'm not playing for the crowd. I'm not even playing for myself, I'm playing for Jesus.

And I delight in worshipping him.

Even if its privately, playing and practicing I dedicate completely to God. He helps me to grow and get better. I play every week in church and I'm soon going to play in my youth group as well. God has brought be far in my search to worship him with all my heart and soul.

If you kneel to God, you can stand to anything.
there is NOTHING to be afraid of. heart

Saria Doragon

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:15 pm
Not everything negative to you is from Satan. That in my opinion is just a cop-out for recognizing your own problems and fears etc. Stage freight is something that a lot of people have. I used to in the beginning of performing on stages infront of lots of people but with time and if you practice your stage performance before you go out and do that then you can help your stage freight.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:44 pm
The Fatal Pastry
My God given dream is to be in a christian band, but I'm so afraid! I play bass guitar, but I'm scared to practice, and I think this is a strong hold satans putting me in. I am also get extremely bad stage fright. And my relationship with God is like stuffed at the moment...
If it is truely from our Father,Satan will come aginst you as hard as he can to get you not to do it. That is when you take the word of our Father and kick Satan's tail out the hous and into the trash.  

rockmanx

MsLatina

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:07 am
heart THAT IS COMPLETLY NORMAL!!
I GET LIKE THAT EVERY SINGLE TIME WHEN I PERFORM!
AND IT'S JUST NERVES BECAUSE HEY U ARE DOING SOMTHING SPECIAL RIGHT AND THIS IS FOR GOD SO TRY NOT TO LET IT BOTHER YOU.
JUST ROB IT OFF AND PUT IN GOD'S HANDS AND IT WILL B OK!!!
heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:32 pm
Pray hard. Talk to God about it. Do God's will for your life.

It's normal to get really scared on stage. I tremble and feel my knees shaking, but I keep in mind that I'm singing for God.  

Atarashi No Sensei

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:29 pm
I wanted to add some ways to perhaps help you get over your fear. Try performing at practices with your band in front of a small group of family and friends at first. If you start off with familiar faces and people you see all the time perhaps that will help you gain more confidence. Then once you start to feel comfortable infront of them see if you can do a show for the youth group at your home church and get infront of a bigger crowd and then after you get comfortable with that try playing infront of the church and then start going out of your familiar territory such as talent shows and local gigs around town. The whole point is to just start off small and work your way towards bigger crowds. I remember when I first started singing and doing the school band infront of big crowds I too was nervous. Sometimes I still get nervous but you just have to confront your fears and overcome those feelings and remember that you love to do what you do. So try starting off small and work your way to more crowds like playing around your town and stuff. Don't just pray and blame Satan (that to me is a cop-out) but actually work on overcoming your fears. Who knows what could happen during that. And overcoming your fears also makes you a stronger person to where you can do more in your life then just being afraid. I used to be scared of stuff too but now I know to just suck it up and think positive about what I'm about to do because if I let my fear overcome me then I could miss out on a lot of things. As FDR once said: the only thing to fear is fear itself. That still rings true today.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:20 am
perhaps you dont know me, but a few of the guild members do. I play in a very UNPOPULAR band named Demons Bane. with stage fright, dont forget, chevelle didnt start playing live shows until 2 years ago. Dont be afraid to practice, I dont practice much, but thas not fear, thas laziness ^^ lol. i'm lazy at times. Learn to trust God, remember, when your jamming for God, give it all you got, and play with all your heart, and God will take care of the rest. He will guide your fingers for you. Let him take control. and PRAY, it has ALWAYS worked for me, the largest audiance i've had is 150 people, and i prayed before, and God just took control. Have confidence, dont let ANYTHING that ANYBODY says get to you, God loves you, no matter how well you play... so never give up.  

thrashmetaljunkie

TezzyDarling

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:34 am
Maybe your great bass playing is meant for your personal worship. You may never make it big and have ten minutes of fame, but perhaps sing at a church and help others worship.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games