Reply Insane Ramblings
Princess Tutu Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miranko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:18 pm
“Once upon a time there was a man… who died.” This man left behind an unfinished tail of a prince who fought a monster raven. Unwilling to fight for all eternity the raven broke free from the pages of the story and into the real world. The prince followed the raven and used a forbidden power to seal the raven inside his heart and shattered it. The pieces scattered throughout the real world.

(A friend wrote this up for me quicktly - It's the opening basicaly - 'Tis a rather random series ^o^)

It is a series... about a duck. No realy. The main character... is a duck...

Anyone else heard of/like this great series? (It's so cute... and angsty ^.^) Yes - it pulls off BOTH of those criteria rather well IMO. What do all of you think?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:21 pm
I haven't heard of it...but I think I might have to learn more...I'm interested.  

Syke_O
Crew

Invisible Hunter

13,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Invisibility 100

Miranko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:32 pm
Wanna try watching a SUPER spoiler - but not-so-much-if-you-don't-think-about-it-too-much-since-you-are-still-in-the-clueless-stage-where-the-spolers-shouldn't-make-too-much-sense-just-try-not-to-remember-them-when-you-go-and-watch-it phase. ... ... ^ ^ Well?

^^ Well if youtube ever starts working again >.> (*Grr*) I'll edit the link in here -

It's in Swedish if you've never heard the song ^.^

Princess Tutu AMV
Song; Håll Om Mig Nu" by Nanne Grönvall.
Creator - Marissa Panaccio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZqxecCukg  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:04 pm
i've never heard of this anime. but they do ballet in it i'm assuming!  

Escalla
Vice Captain

13,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Object of Affection 150

Miranko

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:44 pm
Yes. It is about ballet. And a duck. ^ ^ Ahiru's so kawaii... It has a darker side though to the story line... I'll update the first post with more information when i can get a realy good summary.

The AMV's awsome though. It won some things at Anime Boston.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:46 pm
Wow, that is a damn cool music video. Not so sure about the series though, looks pretty girly. ;p

For some reason it reminds me of Utena. At least from what I saw in the amv.  

Eveilded
Crew

Miranko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:58 pm
^ ^ Yes, it is a little ...... cute ^.^ Hence why i hadn't wanted to watch it. But i've been told that it has a rather deep, and dark story line... Fairly Angst at areas, and has a >.> Weird ending that people won't tell me ><, *cry* I've been trying to watch it myself, but i thought i'd at least post a topic on it for ppl to talk about, and i REALY wanted to post that AMV. (It's heart IMO) (oh, and btw, Mods here, if you come accross a realy good description of this series, feel free to go and edit my post - i know you can ^.^ I'll try and update it with better information soon though before it gets to the point that you might need to fix it ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:30 pm
I'm also not one for cute animes, but from what I could watch (dial up is a pain) and from what you've said, I am seriously going to find a way to watch it...assuming I ever find it...or some one with it....  

Syke_O
Crew

Invisible Hunter

13,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Invisibility 100

Miranko

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:27 pm
he - that AMV is too good though ^ ^ I like timing. REALY good timing, and also i think if i remember correctly from one who read the translation that the AMV is very fitting for the series. I tend to stay away from 'Cute' ... but i guess everyone needs a cute series to watch once and a while lol. I'm rather eclectic w/ what i'll watch ^^

When i first watched ep 1, i almost didn't watch any more, simple because i couldn't figure out the series's style. Needlessly, pointlessly sute... or was there darkness to the story behind it. (aka, would i get a plot amidst the sugar) Finding out there was plot was great ^^ Still need to get the time to watch it al myself tho... >.> But if Honou could get addicted to it, then Yuurie so ... quicktly, my logic is there must be something there. Yes, ballet, and Petite Princess Yuucie style animation, and cuteness... but must be something ^^ (the above mentioned... are rather sickened by over-cuteness... ex. Digi Charat, or Sugar Sugar Rune... so no worries that it's like that Tthank Gods. Those series, are the sute type w/ no point in lot if you're unfarmiliar with them)

Youtube is useful for that (the torrent was appearently hell to download from what i've heard - slow) And i hope you end up likeing it at least a little. I must go watch it now as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:44 pm
i'll have to watch the amv now..and cute can sometimes be me >,<  

Escalla
Vice Captain

13,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Miranko

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:35 pm
lol, let me know what you think ^.^  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:11 pm
hehe the amv was super neato!  

Escalla
Vice Captain

13,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

pcan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:13 am
duck duck goose?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:02 pm
Patti wins!  

Syke_O
Crew

Invisible Hunter

13,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Invisibility 100

Escalla
Vice Captain

13,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:33 am
all the review sites i've been on keep telling me good stuff about this show.  
Insane Ramblings

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff