Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which banner do you like the best?
View Results

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:02 pm
Well, it seems only one person can get money, regardless... (It's 3 am)

1)User Image

2)User Image

3)User Image

In the Suggestions Thread, Hermonie Urameshi has offered to help put together a banner for the guild, using text of *our* languages biggrin

Buuut, she needs to actually have this text in image files.

So if those of us who have gotten the writing system up could make an image of the text saying the name of your language, that would be great biggrin

I'm actually away now, so I won't get mine in till after school starts back (and I have my scanner again heart ), but if we could all be working on that, it'd be awesome biggrin

Send uploaded to H.U. (I'd like a copy too, if possible, I'd like to try my hand at a banner whee ) ( www.photobucket.com is quite handy if you need somewhere smile ) and then once they're all collected I'm sure we can get something done with it.

I hope all of that made sense....

Heru chan's edit:
So everyone can get to them easily...
All of the banners made (we need a few more!):

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.This one doesn't work for everyone so here's another one in case.
User Image
Forgedawn
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Xeigrich

Forgedawn
OMGOMG I JUST REALIZED

We don't have a banner of fitting into the slot for the registry page. Know what I mean?

This size/slot:
User Image

I think this would make an awesome CONTEST for the guild...especially since it's summer. biggrin So I will pay, out of MY pocket (not guild funds, since nuestra capitan hasn't approved) 1k to whoever gets VOTED (vote on this thread when they're all in) to go up.

So pm me with the link to your banner and I'll put them up (sans names).

1 Month sound like long enough? June 17 - July 17, you have until MIDNIGHT EST to get them in smile (possibly slightly longer, just because I stay online until really freaking late)

Then, pending approval of nuestra capitan (I wonder if capitan changes to something like capitaña when it's feminine...?), the winner will be posted to the front page.
(If for some weiiiird reason the popular vote winner is not the one who is posted to the front page, the popular vote winner IS the one who gets the money. Just in case, I want to define that in advance. OK? neutral That would be kind of weird though...?)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:17 pm
eek

BOŽ'E MOJ, which writing system do I use? The writing varies depending on the dialect!  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:19 pm
Eccentric Iconoclast
eek

BOŽ'E MOJ, which writing system do I use? The writing varies depending on the dialect!

Uh ohs!

umm, which dialect do you use most? Which looks coolest? Which is easiest on your wrist? What number came up on your d20? razz
...I wish I had a d20... rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:20 pm
Forgedawn
Eccentric Iconoclast
eek

Uh ohs!

umm, which dialect do you use most? Which looks coolest? Which is easiest on your wrist? What number came up on your d20? razz

Whazza D20? ninja
I like the Aquenandi-Aldur writing system, I suppose. xD
So pretty! whee  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:22 pm
Eccentric Iconoclast
Forgedawn
Eccentric Iconoclast
eek

Uh ohs!

Whazza D20? ninja
I like the Aquenandi-Aldur writing system, I suppose. xD
So pretty! whee

Then I guess that's the one to use biggrin

d20--die with 20 sides. Used ONLY in D&D, and mainly as a novelty item, really. A regular die woudl be a d6. They go from d3 to d20. Imagine if they had 50? eek actually, they probably do, somewhere.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:33 pm
Oh. xD

In that case, I have a D15 somewhere around here...  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:37 pm
Eccentric Iconoclast
Oh. xD

In that case, I have a D15 somewhere around here...

rofl
I don't have any spiffy ones, but I write dice programs to use razz

I need to go make one that I just put in the number of sides--2-20 or so--and then list the options... Usually for me it's decisions, not numbers. stare  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:54 pm
Now I have to go to WAR with my scanner. D:  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:31 pm
Eccentric Iconoclast

Oh noes! You've got an evil one?

Mine's cool usually... But I can't use it T.T

I just finished making the font though XD No more copy & paste, I can type and save as image biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:29 pm
A fore warning: I only have paint to edit with because I don't have a better program and cannot afford one either. So I'll make one and post it then y'all can fix it up in any way you think will work...

Hermonie Urameshi
Crew

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:54 am
Forgedawn
Eccentric Iconoclast

Oh noes! You've got an evil one?

Mine's cool usually... But I can't use it T.T

I just finished making the font though XD No more copy & paste, I can type and save as image biggrin

Scanner from HELL. D:  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:29 pm
I've seen plenty of 100ds. And I saw once, and only once, a 2000d. What was wrong with 100d, I don't know, but....  

Domerin Thompson

Hawk_McKrakken

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:52 pm
It'd be helpful to know what to write... and what the general word limit is for each piece of conlang text.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:27 pm
Hawk_McKrakken
It'd be helpful to know what to write... and what the general word limit is for each piece of conlang text.

What we're supposed to say the name of our conlangs; so I would say "Aquénandi" and so on. xD  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

Hermonie Urameshi
Crew

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:01 pm
Yes. and mine would be Teaijayazi using Japanese kanji for moon, sun, star, and language. (I'll show you later when I'm on the desktop.)

The Constructed Languages Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff