For the Moderators of this Guild Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silent Expressor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:10 am
Quote:
And as was said earlier, Christians shouldnt just be subjected to other christian views, we have to be open minded to other's beliefs as well. Jesus loves everyone, why can't you?
Since when did I say that I didnt love everyone. I didnt say I hated the moderators I said that they need to do a better job. I have no problem with threads being locked for redundancy but the only thread that is open on homosexuality you are required to have some huge biblical knowledge that not everyone has. I think that at least 2 or three threads if need be should be allowed open on every topic no matter what the topic is. And as far as hiring atheists to run a christian guild Im sorry I wouldn't have done it that way. Yes Tangled up in the blue has been very open minded to this point and I respect him for that and for trying his best, but this is a Christian guild and should be run by Christians.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:57 pm
Silent Expressor
I have no problem with threads being locked for redundancy but the only thread that is open on homosexuality you are required to have some huge biblical knowledge that not everyone has.

You don't have to have 'some huge biblical knowledge' to participate in the threads, just be prepared to have your arguement ripped to shreds if it isn't sound.  

ioioouiouiouio

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:46 am
Silent Expressor
Quote:
And as was said earlier, Christians shouldnt just be subjected to other christian views, we have to be open minded to other's beliefs as well. Jesus loves everyone, why can't you?
Since when did I say that I didnt love everyone. I didnt say I hated the moderators I said that they need to do a better job. I have no problem with threads being locked for redundancy but the only thread that is open on homosexuality you are required to have some huge biblical knowledge that not everyone has. I think that at least 2 or three threads if need be should be allowed open on every topic no matter what the topic is. And as far as hiring atheists to run a christian guild Im sorry I wouldn't have done it that way. Yes Tangled up in the blue has been very open minded to this point and I respect him for that and for trying his best, but this is a Christian guild and should be run by Christians.

my opinion wasn't just meant for you, it was meant for everyone else that was posting a similar opinion to yours. i know you didn't say that you didn't love everyone razz

however i can understand if there was a church that was led by an atheist (talk about an oxymoron), but this is a simple online guild forum and shouldn't matter who's leading it AS LONG as they're doing their job.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:26 am
fantrl
Tangled Up In Blue
True, the guild has in many ways been steered toward a more liberal, ecumenical sort of Christianity, but that is not the same as it being 'secular'.
Liberal "ecumenical" Christianity is secularism. Look at the Episcopalians, they can't even admit that Jesus Christ is the only name by which you can be saved.

but it is true. YHWH is God, not Jesus. Jesus is just God's human form. it's like saying that since bill gates owns microsoft, the only good computer is a pc. of course, you would be forgetting that bill gates ALSO owns 51% of apple and thus owns the apple corporation. although they are two seperate companies, they lead to the same guy. see what i'm saying?  

divineseraph

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:40 pm
divineseraph
but it is true. YHWH is God, not Jesus. Jesus is just God's human form. it's like saying that since bill gates owns microsoft, the only good computer is a pc. of course, you would be forgetting that bill gates ALSO owns 51% of apple and thus owns the apple corporation. although they are two seperate companies, they lead to the same guy. see what i'm saying?

No, Jesus is one of the three aspects of God (the other two being the Father, and the Holy Spirit), also known as the Holy Trinity.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:20 pm
divineseraph
fantrl
Tangled Up In Blue
True, the guild has in many ways been steered toward a more liberal, ecumenical sort of Christianity, but that is not the same as it being 'secular'.
Liberal "ecumenical" Christianity is secularism. Look at the Episcopalians, they can't even admit that Jesus Christ is the only name by which you can be saved.

Well according to the bible Jesus is the only way to get to heaven...If I may
John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

Silent Expressor

Berezi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:00 pm
Silent Expressor
Quote:

And when a Christian steps up to do/help with the job that Tangled has been doing, then it can be that way. But at the moment, no one has. I am grateful that he is here, personally.

Also, honestly, the whole homosexual issue....there is immense knowledge required there. God's got that, we don't. Of course it'll require knowledge. It's a big doctrinal issue. It's the meat, not the milk. Meat=chewier than milk.

Another thing: if God has burdened you with this mod thing, God may just want you to become a mod of this forum. That's up to God.

And by the way, before you get upset about getting an atheist to mod, realize two things:
1) Tangled and the other mods were perturbed by the fighting, I think that's how tangled became a mod. He frequented this guild before he was a mod though.
2) Tangled has been doing what we Christians were too blind to do. We were busy tearing eachother apart before seeing how truly unloving and unchristlike we were being with our fighting. Let that speak for itself.

I mean this in love. If I sound angry, it's probably because I am sort of angry... I don't like seeing someone who has put so much dedication in to this guild be told how he isn't doing something right.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:44 pm
Berezi
Silent Expressor
Quote:

And when a Christian steps up to do/help with the job that Tangled has been doing, then it can be that way. But at the moment, no one has. I am grateful that he is here, personally.

Also, honestly, the whole homosexual issue....there is immense knowledge required there. God's got that, we don't. Of course it'll require knowledge. It's a big doctrinal issue. It's the meat, not the milk. Meat=chewier than milk.

Another thing: if God has burdened you with this mod thing, God may just want you to become a mod of this forum. That's up to God.

And by the way, before you get upset about getting an atheist to mod, realize two things:
1) Tangled and the other mods were perturbed by the fighting, I think that's how tangled became a mod. He frequented this guild before he was a mod though.
2) Tangled has been doing what we Christians were too blind to do. We were busy tearing eachother apart before seeing how truly unloving and unchristlike we were being with our fighting. Let that speak for itself.

I mean this in love. If I sound angry, it's probably because I am sort of angry... I don't like seeing someone who has put so much dedication in to this guild be told how he isn't doing something right.
I didnt say he wasnt doing a great job, he is. I just said that I wouldnt have chosen a non christian to run a Christian Guild. If you read the last line of my last statement it says that I respect him. In my opinion having a non christian run a christian guild is like having a non christian run the church....But overall your right Tangled up in the Blue has done a good job and should be applauded  

Silent Expressor

Berezi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:05 pm
Silent Expressor
I didnt say he wasnt doing a great job, he is. I just said that I wouldnt have chosen a non christian to run a Christian Guild. If you read the last line of my last statement it says that I respect him. In my opinion having a non christian run a christian guild is like having a non christian run the church....But overall your right Tangled up in the Blue has done a good job and should be applauded
Sorry to have misinterpreted you. Your opinion makes some sense to me, but on the other hand, this is different than a church...

I do still hold my position though. If the fact that this guild is not being run by a Christian really bothers you, you can join in running this guild. I feel no burden to do so, personally.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff