Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:31 am
Well, there's also the Worldbuilding guild. sweatdrop

I've been meaning to propose a guild alliance with them. Goodness knows there are quite a few members in both.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:25 pm
Oh, I forgot this one. Well, still just 2 guilds.

And why I have the impression just I and EI actually look to this thread?  

Sano Parmandil
Crew

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:38 pm
I read it 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:43 pm
Ohh, I'm in the Worldbuilding Guild! I think I was one of the first to join, too. And Rimbaum herself (the creator of that guild) is a member here. Alliance, I say!

Also, I check this thread every time there's a new post, so maybe it's just EI, Sano Parmandil and then me who watch this thread. (EDIT) And Forgedawn.

A totally complete conlang should indeed cost 10k to 30k. I'd say you could adjust the rates a little lower or higher based on just how complex the language is and how picky the customer is. Maybe if they want a simple Toki Pona kind of language, that might be reasonable around 5k to 8k. Conscripts should be sold separately. XD Maybe there will be someone crazy and rich enough to order a complete ConPack -- A complete conlang with conscript and conworld with history to boot! Starting bid: 75k! (If only! That's too much work anyway!)

Really, I have enough trouble trying to finish my own conlangs and conworlds. x_x

And I'm in for the website thing!  

Xeigrich
Vice Captain

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:45 pm
Xeigrich
Ohh, I'm in the Worldbuilding Guild! I think I was one of the first to join, too. And Rimbaum herself (the creator of that guild) is a member here. Alliance, I say!

Also, I check this thread every time there's a new post, so maybe it's just EI, Sano Parmandil and then me who watch this thread. (EDIT) And Forgedawn.

A totally complete conlang should indeed cost 10k to 30k. I'd say you could adjust the rates a little lower or higher based on just how complex the language is and how picky the customer is. Maybe if they want a simple Toki Pona kind of language, that might be reasonable around 5k to 8k. Conscripts should be sold separately. XD Maybe there will be someone crazy and rich enough to order a complete ConPack -- A complete conlang with conscript and conworld with history to boot! Starting bid: 75k! (If only! That's too much work anyway!)

Really, I have enough trouble trying to finish my own conlangs and conworlds. x_x

A COMPLETE should definitely cost that much, though a startup conlang with just basic words and tenses (simple past, present, future, pronouns, and phonology, and maybe a few bonus words) would probably run just at the 10k mark, yknow?

I dunno.

I'm really liking Lïtihla, getting into it more than kintarasesa simply because I was in middle school when I did Kintarasesa's backstory... I think I might actually do a world setting for it. It's cool. biggrin I should maybe join Worldbuilding Guild. Alliance would likely be awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:22 pm
Xeigrich

Well, It would be ran by the entire guild, so, everyone can take requests. If one persn want a conlang and you don't want to do, then just wait that another person would accept the request.  

Sano Parmandil
Crew

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Sano Parmandil
Crew

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:30 am
Do things here died without me? o.o'

Quote:

Maybe some sort of a game where one do a conlang and the others do "daughter" languages of it, the best one wins a prize.

Maybe the creator of the original language decides the specifics, and the winner do another conlang and it starts again.

Do I need to say more? razz  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:46 am
Also, a Natlang discussion forum would be good ^^  

Sano Parmandil
Crew

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:20 pm
If you want a game, feel free to go to the Games subforum and set something up. You don't need permission.

As for the natlangs, there already IS such a forum; it's the Foreign Languages Guild! I'm Vice Captain there and basically in charge, so anyone from here can join.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:09 am
I think I'm having Alzheimer's. sweatdrop  

Sano Parmandil
Crew

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Xeigrich
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:47 am
Sano Parmandil
I think I'm having Alzheimer's. sweatdrop

You think YOU'RE having Alz...

...HEY, where am I? How did I get here?

Who are you?! eek  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:04 am
I suggest we get a 'Dead Zone' forum, where we move all the dead or spam threads, like "This Thread..." and possibly "Bye". I can provide the gold.  

Kazyan

Goddess Rukus

Sparkly Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:41 am
Kazyan
I suggest we get a 'Dead Zone' forum, where we move all the dead or spam threads, like "This Thread..." and possibly "Bye". I can provide the gold.

That's a good idea. Dead threads annoy me.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:14 am
Maybe we should do a "Conlang Contest"? That way we could revive this guild a bit. 3nodding  

Sano Parmandil
Crew

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100

JeSuisMustapha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:21 pm
P.S. I watch this thread when there are posts...  
The Constructed Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff