Suggestions? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:16 pm
[Eccentric Iconoclast--I hope you don't mind, but I thought this didn't quite fit in with Rules/Guidelines or Welcome, so I'm posting it as its own sticky.]

As if the title didn't say it all...
Does anyone have suggestions for the guild/forum?

The Suggestions (I'll try to update this list whenever there is new stuff)

=Pre existing Conlang subforum
=Conlang Help subforum

=Conlang GD in its own subforum--for speaking the languages themselves
=Conlang RP
+Banner (in progress)
+General Linguistics Information Thread (for the reference of those of us who don't know the terms so well) (in progress)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:29 pm
I like that idea!

So if I'm understanding this correctly, we would have two subforums, one for listing information about our conlangs (mostly it would just be the creators of each language posting about them), and then another one with a thread for each language, like "Axi Discussion," "Aquénandi Discussion," etc. (kind of like they have at the FLG with natural languages like Spanish, French, Chinese, etc.), where we could try conversing in the languages, or maybe asking about certain aspects of the language, asking the language's creator how to say certain things (i.e. requesting certain words that haven't been coined yet), and things of that nature?  

Dave
Vice Captain

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:21 pm
Dave
I like that idea!

So if I'm understanding this correctly, we would have two subforums, one for listing information about our conlangs (mostly it would just be the creators of each language posting about them), and then another one with a thread for each language, like "Axi Discussion," "Aquénandi Discussion," etc. (kind of like they have at the FLG with natural languages like Spanish, French, Chinese, etc.), where we could try conversing in the languages, or maybe asking about certain aspects of the language, asking the language's creator how to say certain things (i.e. requesting certain words that haven't been coined yet), and things of that nature?

Exactly! Good to know I've got some support biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:35 pm
I think that's a great idea.

Hermonie Urameshi
Crew

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100

Xeigrich
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:37 pm
Yeah, I like this idea too.

It's got potential for helping people in developing their conlangs.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:06 am
Your wish is my command. ninja xd

Actually, it sounds like quite a good idea. I'm off to make it now  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:04 pm
Eccentric Iconoclast
Your wish is my command. ninja xd

Actually, it sounds like quite a good idea. I'm off to make it now

Yay!!

*goes up to edit first post to make sure no one continues posting "great idea"/"bad idea" posts in response to this suggestion*  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:41 pm
Well...a lot of people here seem to make a conculture with their conlanguage, so why not have a conculture RP? Like, the setting is in a conculture and we have to speak in the conlangauge. Sound good?  

Domerin Thompson

Hermonie Urameshi
Crew

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:28 pm
Domerin Thompson
Well...a lot of people here seem to make a conculture with their conlanguage, so why not have a conculture RP? Like, the setting is in a conculture and we have to speak in the conlangauge. Sound good?

That's a good idea. And we can have a few to where some of them possibly meet different ones if it is possible in anyway...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:50 am
Domerin Thompson

How about an all-around RP where ALL of the concultures are united into one world and when you go to different places in the world you have to speak the language? xD

I actually have a map of the planet on which the Aquenninim dwell. They're not the only ones there, though, by a long shot...their language has developped with help from the Mazdrivonyurnim, for example. The Mazdrivonii language's influence has given Aquenandi a bit of a Slavic sound.

I usually don't mention the Mazdrivonyam, however, even though they have a cool culture (and language) of their own.

Glivbronrioy anö briplaltsye mo ne znacoy štam skalzöm.  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

Hermonie Urameshi
Crew

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:46 pm
I would like to make a banner and I was thinking of having the name of everyones language in their language. The only problem is I don't have a very good art program (and can't afford one) and I need some kind of background to use that would work for all of them...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:05 pm
Eccentric Iconoclast
Domerin Thompson

How about an all-around RP where ALL of the concultures are united into one world and when you go to different places in the world you have to speak the language? xD

I actually have a map of the planet on which the Aquenninim dwell. They're not the only ones there, though, by a long shot...their language has developped with help from the Mazdrivonyurnim, for example. The Mazdrivonii language's influence has given Aquenandi a bit of a Slavic sound.

I usually don't mention the Mazdrivonyam, however, even though they have a cool culture (and language) of their own.

Erm...there is just one problem with that. My conculture is already melded into a conuniverse. All of my langauges and cultures are from this universe, so none of them could be fitted into another place. It just wouldn't work.  

Domerin Thompson

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:52 pm
Domerin Thompson
Eccentric Iconoclast
Domerin Thompson

Erm...there is just one problem with that. My conculture is already melded into a conuniverse. All of my langauges and cultures are from this universe, so none of them could be fitted into another place. It just wouldn't work.

Ditto, but maybe we could do this for individual languages as well, so that if yours has this case, we could do this and you have yours as well? I don't know...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:02 pm
And everyone just ignore me...I'm used to that...User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hermonie Urameshi
Crew

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:30 pm
Hermonie Urameshi
And everyone just ignore me...I'm used to that...User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

sorry, I just got back to the internet... I need to make a "hey, I may not be here" post, actually :XP:

*scrolls up*

Hermonie Urameshi
I would like to make a banner and I was thinking of having the name of everyones language in their language. The only problem is I don't have a very good art program (and can't afford one) and I need some kind of background to use that would work for all of them...

That sounds great biggrin

Maybe we could each make image files for it, and you collect and put together?  
The Constructed Languages Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff