Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Constructed Languages Guild
New Members: Introduce yourselves! (POST INTROS *HERE*) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diesel Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:20 pm
Name: `Aka (Akagawa)
Planet: Earth~
Pets: 1 Cat, 1 Dog
Real Languages Spoken: Fluent English, Nihongo, Hangul. :3
What is your affiliation with conlangs?: n**öngûl though it is a budding language, that was just started.
Any other comments?: I'm really interested in conlangs, I think it would help me improve speaking in general.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:56 pm
Name: Connie (It's my webname, though. I don't give out my real name on the net...) I prefer to be called Conlanger or Conlover. =)
Planet: Depends on the day.
Pets: A goldfish named Goldeen. Muahaha. xD
Real Languages Spoken: English, Pig Latin, Survival French
What is your affiliation with conlangs?: I like them! What better reason to make one than just for the Hell of it, huh? xD
Any other comments?: The first word I made was sun, "Þæmfà". =)  

TheFrogDaysAreOver

Elec Darkholm

Fashionable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:20 pm
name's Elec for Gaia ninja
I'm 19
I only speak English though I want to learn German.
I am currently working on the Pardwyn language, the land my Rp character came from. I have much more to do but felt it time to try. I've done a few things in the past but never completed them, hopefully I hit it right this time.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:53 am
Name===Bob, lol jk, I am Tekel Soneriyea

Age===16

Planet===Born to Toba 5, though it was destroyed I moved to Toba 6 and now Earth where I publish my works.

Pets===A guinea pig called Bocai

Real Languages Spoken: I am guessing you mean Earth languages, um English Chinese and a little bit of Russian and Arabic with Japanese and Korean in their somewhere

Whats my affiliation with conlang?===um....I hate Englsih xd lol yeah...drives me nuts and sounds horrible

Any other comments=== Alte'ar Takghan Ali'ye'ar!  

Shen Trey

5ives

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:01 pm
Name: Matt K. (a.k.a 5ives)

Planet: Urtho (Earth in Luco Bono)

Pets: A sister

Real Languages Spoken: Native English, Fluent Spanish, Half Fluent Japanese, Bits of Esperanto (another conlang biggrin ), Je parle un pue de Francais.

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: Started with Esperanto (a conlang spoken by 2 million worldwide). My key interest is learning new languages, but a couple of weeks ago I had a idea for my own language. It's called Luco Bono ("Good Luck" in english). It takes the best parts of Esperanto, English, Spanish, Italian, and French.

Any other comments?: A toda persono mi salute. ("Hello Everyone" in Luco Bono)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:03 pm
first things first: HOLY s**t, I can't believe I actually found this guild! i'm very excited and I can't wait to see how my conlangs will grow.

my story's main characters: Milo (the alpha omega), Eloi (the beta prime), Silo (the mechanic silo), Sophie (my beloved sophie).

Sci-fi Epic: so my main conlang is called Irn, and it's spoken by the people of Ire who are allies with Centauri Earth in the war against the evil of Beta Centaurus. Milo is the young general of the armies of centauri earth, Eloi is his exact clone who was made evil when overwhelmed with milo's military knowledge and tactical secrets with no conscience or life lessons experience to balance it out. Silo (Siilo in Irn) is Milo's best friend and the leader of the most exclusive, and elite stealth teams in the galaxy, belonging to the Irn empire. They are called (in the common language directly translated as best they could during the first contacts with Ire) "the silent mechanics."

Personal Info:
So now that you've at least heard who the characters are, it will be easier for you to understand what i've recently done... The Silent Mechanics all have an inscription from an ancient manuscript on Ire tattooed onto their wrists. The manuscript is something akin to a combination between "the art of war" and the writings of Shakespeare. I decided to actually create the inscription and with much preparation, had it tattooed on my wrists. there is much more symbolism in it that would be difficult to type because it would have to be at great length, but the inscription on my right wrist says "Honor, many are the deaths" and the inscription on my left wrist says "Wisdom, much is the unknown." of course the inscription isn't in english, nor is it written in english with Irn runes, it's actually written in Irn, i've spared no detail to portray the utmost authenticity.

Likes: Music, i'm crazy about music. books, I read too many, movies, I watch too many, cooking, don't do it enough, writing, made me the man I am today, chap stick, can't live without it, intention, no one should be without it.

Dislikes: well I don't see how that's any of your business.

if there's anything else you would like to know,
I always love answering those kind of questions.

The Alpha Omega

Cechi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:09 am
Name: You can just call me Cechi.

Planet: United States, North America, Earth.

Pets: I wish we had a pet.

Real Languages Spoken: I speak English fluently, Japanese near-fluently, Mandarin at an intermediate level, Dutch at a beginner level and Russian at a "well I'd really like to learn this language but I'm busy with these others right now" level.

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: I started a conlang with a good friend of mine and I got really into it. I've only been conlanging for a month or so, and I'm not completely sure what I'm doing, but I do know I'm trying my hardest!

Any other comments?: Go look at my conlang and give me suggestions. 8D Practice some natlangs with me, if you're studying some of the ones I am!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:46 am
Name: Caitlin/Evandré.

Planet: A cornfield. They might as well be their own planets, they make me feel utterly isolated.

Pets: ...Seven kittencats (Silver, Cara, Bueno, Luna, Malo, Tierro, Yoshi/Kisame); three hermit crabs (Acey, Kurenai, Katsume) a betta-fish (Cyaver) and an as-of-yet unnamed fish that sucks. Literally.

Real Languages Spoken: English. Learning Japanese and supposedly learning German...

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: They seem nifty? xd Well, that and there are languages for the world that my brain has been in half my life, where all my imaginary friends are from. And I tried making up a language when I was little. That was awkward.

Any other comments?: Except for saying no, no.  

The Star is Vain

radioactive alchemist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:25 pm
Name: Jessica, usually go by RA on the 'net.

Planet: lol what? Um Earth I guess, but I've got plenty of others...

Pets: Three cats (Autumn, Callie, Misty) and three turtles (Peter, Chocolate Torte, Strawberry Torte)

Real Languages Spoken: English, learning Japanese, bits of Spanish (three years in HS) and bits of French (one semester in college).

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: I has a conlang. whee It's called Ashutantei (means "the language of Ashutar"), and I started it last summer for a story called The Wind From Del Damos, but had to drop it out because it wasn't very formed yet and I was on a deadline - translating into it from English and making it up as I went wasn't working. I've been poking at it on and off, usually when I get bored in my linguistics classes. Most of it is words I came up with, but I've stolen a few (mostly from Japanese...ex. "nai" is a negative indicator, but from a couple other sources too - like "ken" is to know and "casa" is home). I've done alphabets before, and random words, but never an entire language.

Any other comments?: Hi!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:58 pm
Name: Bansheemourning

Planet: Crazy

Pets: 4 cats, 2 goldfish, 1 koi, & a hamster

Real Languages Spoken: English Fluently & a spattering of French, German, Latin, Gaelic, Polish, Russian, Japanese, & others I've picked up along the way.
What is your affiliation with conlangs?: I used to just try to lear natlangs, but my sister got me started with the conlang thing a while ago & now we're both obsessed. Currently working on a conlang called Voshla made up of russian & slavic languages & have others in production.

Any other comments?: I am married with 8 kids between us. My passion is for writing & singing, but I love getting into anything creative & inspiring. I hope to one day travel to Europe & Asia.  

bansheemourning

Tweezle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:08 pm
Name: Mia
Planet: Yes. xd
Pets: Petless.
Real Languages Spoken: English. Spanish. A little bit of a bunch of others. Currently beating my head against Irish, with the intention of fluency... but it has been slow going.
What is your affiliation with conlangs?: I created my first (partial) conlang at 19. It was Muhilamanyani. (I have a lot of small, incomplete conlangs and sketches.) My most complete conlang to date is ea-luna, which I used to be able to use with some fluency. (Not now though.) I am currently working on Teliya Nevashi, on the web at nevashi.blogspot.com. The grammar is in an early post, but I update and republish it semi-regularly.

Any other comments?: I'm married with 6 children. They range in age from 19 to 3. Most of them are on Gaia, too. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:24 am
Well I had a whole giant awesome thing written here...then I hit preview to make sure everything was functioning and it gave me an error message. I'm just gonna start over with the basics sweatdrop

Name: Call me whatever you like really. Common names include Massyr, Koen, Corone, Phi, or just the Gaia name

Planet: 3rd rock from the sun (yes, like the sitcom)

Pets: a Budgie named Anumki

Real Languages Spoken: fluent English, some French, I was good at speaking Cantonese until I lost all my resources. Out here in the middle of the Desert I have nobody to practice with...

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: I had the idea for my first one at 11, now I've got four in the works, with that original being recycled into one of them.  

Snugglefeather

Xeigrich
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:24 am
Hello new person! It's been a while :b

And hello to all the other new persons who have gone long-ungreeted.

Oh, don't mind me, I'm off to make some Miso Soup. surprised  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:55 pm
name; Trevor
planet; Earthish
age; 17
pets; nein
real spoken language; english natively (though hates our spelling system), spanish limitedly others as satellite
affiliation with conlangs; tries to learn them, thinking up one  

Robits R real! =O

SeungJin_Sun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:56 am
Name: Phil but goes by Fiona Rose

Planet: mars

Real Languages Spoken: English

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: I am starting on making a language called Tyamin'wo, meaning valley speak

Any other comments?: I am a transsexual male, Deal with it biggrin  
The Constructed Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces