Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Constructed Languages Guild
New Members: Introduce yourselves! (POST INTROS *HERE*) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:59 pm
EDITED on 12/18/07.

Welcome to the guild.

Come and make your presence known to us. cool

You can use this form if you want to, or use your own ideas ^^ Just don't forget to introduce yourself, as most people probably won't know much about you when you first join. ^^

Name: Rebecca.

Planet: Rirhath B.

Pets: One dog, one brother.

Real Languages Spoken: English and French fluently, forgotten Japanese, decent Russian and Spanish, and adoring Aymara.
What is your affiliation with conlangs?: I have two major conlangs: Aquénandi and Mädëšk/Mazdrivonian. I started conlanging at the age of 12; I'm still not perfect at it, but I'm learning. I've got several other conlangs in the works, but I don't really know which to work on first.

Any other comments?: Welcome! I'm in charge here.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:22 pm
Name: Hermonie

Planet: Earth

Pets: 1 dog-Dixie 1 cat known as: Okato, Rui, Kitty, Cat, and EVIL!

Real Languages Spoken: English, some Japanese, some Latin

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: I think it's cool to make up languages. I'm working on one that borrows sounds from Japanese with a few extra. I haven't worked much on it at all because I'm so busy with other things. I actually might not have it for a few more years. My favourite conlang is Tolkien's Elvish. 3nodding

Any other comments?: こんばんは!

Hermonie Urameshi
Crew

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:00 pm
Name: Forgedawn

Planet: Earth, but I'll be leaving as soon as I can fix my teleporter.

Pets: A cat. I love her, she hates me. crying

Real Languages Spoken: English, Spanish, some Japanese, itty bit of Russian, working up to a lot. Oh, some Czech. In fact, I can remember what 4 is in Russian because it's only *spelled* differently!!

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: I dunno... just like making stuff up, I guess. Can't get enough of real ones, so I make more!

Any other comments?: I'll be reposting Kintaran soon.. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:09 pm
Name: Dave (OMGZ NO WAI)

Planet: aMURR'ca!

Pets: a dachshund named Zack, who pretty much just sleeps all the time

Real Languages Spoken: English, Spanish, Chinese, Esperanto, a little French

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: I've been into the li'l buggers for years! I have a portfolio of, at the moment, 64 pathetically unfinished little conlangs. I'd love to make at least one of them "functional" sometime, but I appear to lack the commitment, that or I'm just straight up lazy.

Any other comments?: Oh, here's the usual list:

- I'm vegetarian
- I'm obsessed with and devoted to music
- I'm an aspiring composer and translator
- I play bass and sing for the band The Drowsies (we don't have a drummer yet, hence our being temporarily acoustic, but we will eventually be a pop punk band)
- I'm half Italian and half mostly-Norwegian-and-English-but-also-a-little-of-everything-else-within-the-span-of-the-European-continent

Oh, and I'm a mod, I think.

EDIT: Make that "Vice Captain". domokun  

Dave
Vice Captain

Hawk_McKrakken

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:48 am
Thanks for the invite, Rebecca. 3nodding

Name: Jay, Leon, Hawk, Eckhart (take your pick sweatdrop ).

Planet: Planet Saxon??

Pets: None. crying

Real Languages Spoken: Fluently English, competently Spanish, able to write/speak some more complex German and some simpler Netherlandic. I have intentions of learning Italian... and Russian once I can find a suitable Russian dictionary/verb bank that lists syllable stress.

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: I started off making coded alphabets as a kid so I could pass coded notes to my friend in elementary school. I got serious about it about two years ago when I collaborated a new language into a novel I was writing (language entitled "Serevanian"). Basically, it is simple enough to read, but the pronunciation is nearly impossible without getting your tongue tied in a knot.

Recently I've started a new language just for fun, a sort of Saxon-like collaboration of Germanic words, verbs and sentence structures from German, Dutch, Old English and Modern English. It's turning out better than I would ever have suspected, and I be very proud of it. smile

Any other comments?:

-I enjoy immensely learning about Germanic language and their origins (such as Old English and Old High German) as well as the fabled Proto-Germanic language.

-I enjoy to music from my favorite foreign language bands, such as Rammstein, Wolfsheim, Santana and others as well.

-Love to draw (esp. anime style) and write stories, particularly of fantasy, sci-fi or a mix of both.

-Videogames (ESP. RPGs!) are a big part of my life.

-It's great to have friends, even online ones if they're cool like everyone at the F.L. Guild.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:44 am
Name: Ren

Planet: Japan. It's its own planet, trust me XD

Pets: I have a cat back home... *sniffle*

Real Languages Spoken: English, German, and Japanese. Would like to learn Korean and Chinese, and maybe Spanish.

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: Well, I'm a linguistics major, so there's one degree of relation there! XD I've actually been *trying* to work on a conlang for years. I just end up putting them down, and never picking them back up...

Any other comments?: Hopefully this guild will help motivate me to actually semi-complete a conlang one of these days! Thanks for the invite. ^_~  

[Teuflisch]

Pistil

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:54 am
Name: Pistil XP

Planet: Hippopotamonkeysaurus 3nodding

Pets: Within the house dwells a cat, a dog, a bunch of fish and a hippopotamonkeysaurus (ya, we named the planet after them, cuz they're so cool)

Real Languages Spoken: English crying
Currently learning: Swedish
Can grasp what someone is saying sometimes: French, Spanish (and of course the above two)

What is your affliliation with conlangs? Well... in grade 7 I started writing my own 'hieroglyphics' (which I'm still working on and is the actual written half of the language I'm creating - the spoken half makes very little sense written as it highly depends on how it was said and who it is said to) I never forgot the fundamentals, but only picked it up again about a year ago - about a month later I began working on the oral aspect.

Any other comments? NO! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:15 am
Woah, me is in da house!

Name: Alex.
Planet: Sweden. cool
Pets: Three cats! <3
Real languages spoken: English and Swedish.

What is your affiliation with conlangs?
I'd like to make one of my own, it seems very interesting. I'm not very interested in Esperanto though, that language is just boring. I'd like to learn other people's conlangs, at least the basics.

Any other comments?
I love Thai and Chinese food, I sing, I play TheSims2, the sun is shining. smile  

Nanoq

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:44 am
Welcome, everyone! ^o^  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:27 am
Name: David

Planet: N/A

Pets: Two younger brothers, if they count. And next door's cat.

Real Languages Spoken: English, Dutch, and bits of Spanish, Portugese & German.

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: Well, when I heard of the concept about a year ago it sounded interesting, so I decided to give it a try. Not sure what else I can say here.

Any other comments?: Nothing in particular, no.  

DavidGemmell

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:57 am
DavidGemmell
Name: David

Planet: N/A

Pets: Two younger brothers, if they count. And next door's cat.

Real Languages Spoken: English, Dutch, and bits of Spanish, Portugese & German.

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: Well, when I heard of the concept about a year ago it sounded interesting, so I decided to give it a try. Not sure what else I can say here.

Any other comments?: Nothing in particular, no.

xD My brother counted, didn't he?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:30 pm
Trying to keep everything relevant...

Name:
Eryk; aka Xeigrich

Planet: Aknire

Pets: My girlfriend's malevolent cat.

Real Languages Spoken: English (fluent), Spanish (competent), Japanese (poor).

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: I used to think I was the only person who thought of making their own language (back in junior high) when I first started making my own. I've been 'working' on a conlang called Danga for some time now, managing to get a usable alphabet and mostly complete verb system, general syntax, and parts of speech, but I can't seem to build up a vocabulary/lexicon without it seeming too much like existing languages. The goal of this conlang was to be easy to learn, read, and speak, with few or no exceptions the rules. I tried to learn Esperanto, but haven't stuck to it.

Any other comments?: I don't like it when languages end most of the words with vowels, especially the vowel O. This rules out Spanish and Esperanto, but I don't mind it in Japanese because I like how Japanese sounds. Also, if anyone wants to collaborate with me on Danga or their own language, I'd be happy to help if I've got some free time.

Pet peeves: Mainly, I get ranty when I hear people fall victim to common misconceptions among foreign languages. For example, when someone goes up to a Japanese person and shouts "CHING CHONG CHANG FLIED LICE!" in an attempt to be funny. Another example: don't tack an O on the end of every word and think you're speaking Spanish. There's also the ever-present threats to the English language... Ebonics and 'netspeak' and whatever vile, cross-spawned, abominable offshoots of those which may have come about.

Irrelevant stuff: I should be in college at University of Texas at Dallas (UTD) mid August to major in Computer Science (and hoping to land a spot in the Japanese class). I play a lot of videogames but never accomplish anything in them (ie I suck at them and stop playing when they get hard). I love spicy food, Asian food, Italian food, and pretty much food in general, but there are some things I WILL NOT EAT. Oh, and I'm not afraid of arguments and intelligent conversation, but I don't usually confront people. That being said, I'm open and if you want to know anything else, you'll have to ask.

<_<  

Xeigrich
Vice Captain

B a s s

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:51 am
My name is ben!
I think, throughout my life, making secret languages has allways been a slight interest, I like creating things, drawing, thinking up games. all of that.

When I was 15 I discovered the Joy in playing music, I picked up the bass guitar and got really good REALLY quick. I think I am pretty decent at it, and everyone who hears me play agrees :3

I love music, I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It's really becoming a large portion of my life, Recently though, I've been trying to work on my drawing, to make money selling avatar art to buy more fancy pixel items <3

I have an older sister who is pretty much the same as me, she loves puzzles and all those kinds of things.

Wow I just realised something, my other sister is very creative. and I'm just a huge mix of the two : O

that's so awesome.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:17 pm
My name is Domerin and I am nearly thirteen years of age. I live in the universe of my mind, but I suppose I have to say I'm from Earth. I create languages for my universe of my books; all the books could interlace if I wanted them too, so they make a universe. I have a Bexie named Dixie. I speak Southern American (not English, and not normal American). Finally, I like walking.  

Domerin Thompson

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:46 am
---UPDATED Summer '10---
Name:Lauren

Planet: Earth...I guess (maybe!)

Pets: two kitties

Real Languages Spoken: English, French(I know enough to get me around France, buy stuff, and converse with Native Speakers with a bit of difficulty. So not fluent, but not clueless either), Esperanto(If you can call it "real" somewhat non-fluent.), a little Japanese, Latin, tiny bit of Portugeuse and Spanish. I feel like I'm forgetting some sad Teach me!

What is your affiliation with conlangs?: I guess I figured out how cool they were a few years back, and since then, I've just been working on them. I just started a new one a few months ago, and my french/latin based one (aelorish) can be found here

Any other comments?: *waves to Eryk* Hi!!  
The Constructed Languages Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff