Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Announcements/What's New In The Guild
The Reason Why This Guild Was Created: My Original Rant. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miraculous Jorbee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:18 pm
I totally agree with your points, hoenstly, I don't want to have sex until I'm 27, I'm doing a damn good job of controlling my hormones so far seeing as I havent even made out with anyone. Screw sex I'm 13 I'm gonna enjoy being a kid, I'm not gonna get pregnant and not be ready!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:09 pm
Oki_Jule
I totally agree with your points, hoenstly, I don't want to have sex until I'm 27, I'm doing a damn good job of controlling my hormones so far seeing as I havent even made out with anyone. Screw sex I'm 13 I'm gonna enjoy being a kid, I'm not gonna get pregnant and not be ready!
Why 27?

^_^ Good job. It's nice to see someone set a goal and attain it. You're right, and it's easier to resist when you don't start, sex or otherwise. (With many things, you don't know what you're missing out on if you never have.)

I waited until I was 18 to start dating, because at the time that seemed like a good age since I would be an "adult" by defintion, but mostly because I wanted to wait until I at least graduated high school! I wanted to know what direction my life was headed before I figured a potential kid (which would come AFTER a serious life-mate) into the plans.  

AloneAngel

Wordstreamer~Nifty Fairy~

Festive Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:46 pm
I love this rant. It's so great.

I'm only fifteen. Granted, I'm going to be sixteen in under a month, and I barely think of myself as fifteen--but technically, that's what I am.

I have a boyfriend. We're both (as near as I can tell) more mature than many of the teenagers in my area. My previous experiences with sex have been listening to the "popular" people in the class of 2007 talking about it casually. It bothers me, especially since (as far as I'm concerned), sex is supposed to be an act of love. If that's what this is, they're "in love" multiple times a week. It disgusts me.

My boyfriend is seventeen, and will be eighteen in December. He's only had one serious girlfriend before he met me. We've been together, bf/gf relationship-speaking, since May. We've been friends for a while longer. We don't intend to do anything until we're both older--at least halfway through college, probably later. If we're still together. (And I cling to the hope that we will be.... Crap, that sounds dramatic.... Meh. You get my point.... But I know that we might not be, and so does he. Also, we don't want to damage our relationship. Thus, we wait. Also--neither one of us wants to be a parent. EVER. No offense to children, or to parents, or even parent-wannabes, but..... Just not for me.)

So.... Nice to read a rant from someone who's sick of the sexed-up popular culture.

*thanks you lots*  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:54 pm
Another thing that can happen is that some girls will force their boyfriend to have sex with them saying if they don''t, they''ll tell everyone that he (the boyfriend) raped her.  

Lauranthalis

Nikolita
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:17 pm
Lauranthalis
Another thing that can happen is that some girls will force their boyfriend to have sex with them saying if they don''''t, they''''ll tell everyone that he (the boyfriend) raped her.

Good point. eek Thank you for mentioning it!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:43 pm
You know, you are absolutely correct. You are now on my list of role models. I totally agree with you. Teenagers shouldn't be tromping into class rooms in low rider pants with their thongs and fat hanging out. And 8 year olds shouldn't be walking around dressed like Brittany Spears.

Which brings me to my next arguement. These stars that influence all of these children.. Are they aware of what they contribute to this nation? I'm sure they are, yet they feel no shame at all? I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I dressed like a slut and 1000s of kids everywhere looked up to me. Same goes for other teenagers. Are they aware what they're making this nation? Our generation is completely screwed up. The next time I see another 12 year old wearing a tube top come into work, I'm popping her square in the face.

I'm glad I grew up the way I did. I was raised to hate things like rap music, slutty clothing, and detest things such as underaged sex.

Also, I wonder... when the mature teenagers eventually have kids in about 10 years, will it be hard to make them as knowledgeable as us?  

NobodyImportant1026378

Nikolita
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:00 pm
I think some celebrities know that they are role models for lots of kids, but they don't care. Britney Spears comes to mind, and she's taken a lot of heat (from what I've heard) about her behavior over the years, because she's still a celebrity and still a singer and there are still thousands of fans who look up to her.

I will do my very best to raise my kids the way I've been brought up (with some minor adjustments), when I do eventually have kids. I was brought up against undereage sex, teen pregnancy, slutty clothing... well, each of those has exceptions. I mean I knew what sex was at 12 and 13, and I knew I wanted to try it, but I had no boyfriend so there was no way I was going to sleep around to get some. And I didn't start dressing up a little bit (like actually wearing skirts and tighter shirts) until about grade 12. So I waited until I was old enough and mature enough to know the details to do those things.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:39 am
I loved reading your little rant, it made alot of sense and was very well written. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't address why homosexuals shouldn't have sex before 17. Unless I missed it... o_o  

Eshmasesh

Nikolita
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:26 am
DJFeO
I loved reading your little rant, it made alot of sense and was very well written. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't address why homosexuals shouldn't have sex before 17. Unless I missed it... o_o

You know... that's a very good point. whee
I'm really sorry I haven't thought of that yet. If I remember, I'll go edit the rant a little bit. I honestly don't mind the "age limit" for homosexuals as much, just that they have to be careful not to pick up any diseases or STD's, just as heterosexual couples have to worry about that too. At least homosexual couples don't have to worry about pregnancy. xd (lucky!)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:27 am
And thank you everyone for the compliments about my rant. redface heart  

Nikolita
Captain

Brandon Yamata

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:51 pm
I totally agree with the no sex before 17 idea. I had sex for the first time at 16 and I had no ******** clue what I was doing. Didn't really even start getting it firgured out til I was 17. I was my partners first and we had sex when he was 17. Niether of us have regreted it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:10 pm
I pretty much agree with you, I guess.  

The Eighth House

11Catching_Stars11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:39 pm
I am quite shocked! eek
This rant was very awesome!!!
I don't really know what i expected but that just blew me away, it was very great indeed. It's very informative, smart and generally i think it's a great thing you're doing here with starting the guild.

Keep up the good work! *cheers*

P.S And by the way, i didn't skim i read it all the way through ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:26 pm
Can I print this out, make copies, and post it around my school? Too bad. xp

Nice rant.  

Teh Joshers

Nikolita
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:41 pm
Zhang Tao
Can I print this out, make copies, and post it around my school? Too bad. xp

Nice rant.

Thanks. biggrin

And hey, as long as you tell people where you got the rant from, go ahead. wink Doesn't matter to me, as long as teens learn some common sense and smarten up. Most of the people in the guild are fine, but it's a lot of the teens in LI and in today's high schools and middle schools that scare me.  
Announcements/What's New In The Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff