Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reddemon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:04 am
EliotJamesRookwood
Lord of Ostlandria
Lethkhar
It's a shame Dogs of War seem to cost so much.

Of course, I think they're all metal, aren't they?

Everything but the horses.

Ogres and Ironguts aren't. And with one box you've got quite enough for a unit.
Basic Orge box gives you enough for 2 groups, though you may need to custom make a Bellower for the second set of 3  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:33 pm
Is the Cursed Company worth taking? I like the fluff behind it, and the concept of Skeleton Dwarfs, Orcs, Skaven etc. tickles my fancy.  

GTJoeTheNecrons

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:06 am
GTJoeTheNecrons
Is the Cursed Company worth taking? I like the fluff behind it, and the concept of Skeleton Dwarfs, Orcs, Skaven etc. tickles my fancy.

As with all RoR, it depends on who you're up against. Chaos eat them alive, and they're completely useless against Ogres because they can't convert them. Against Skaven, Goblins, and other Undead these guys kick a** though.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:45 pm
Everlasting Chaos
GTJoeTheNecrons

As with all RoR, it depends on who you're up against. Chaos eat them alive, and they're completely useless against Ogres because they can't convert them. Against Skaven, Goblins, and other Undead these guys kick a** though.
Gnoblars, and I think you can convert them, its just they only have 1 wound and are a basic skeleton  

Reddemon

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:38 pm
Reddemon
Everlasting Chaos
GTJoeTheNecrons

Gnoblars, and I think you can convert them, its just they only have 1 wound and are a basic skeleton

Yeah, you can turn Gnoblars into a skeleton. But it only works against single-wound man-sized models, so Ogres themselves are still immune.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:25 am
Pikes oh I love them so. Perfect for scaring your enemy into not changeing and getting charged because of it. Does anyone play a full dogs of war army here?  

Professional Dead Person

Cyrus Loken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:49 pm
I heard there were werewolves in the dogs of war codex, is that true?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:47 pm
yes but they do not have the discipline to be put in units, they are berserkers.
they come in two types, those who have made the god Ar-Ulric angry and are fighting so he'll take the curse off, and those Khorne decided to mutate into a wolf like creature.
the Ulric affiliated ones (also called Wolfen by Ulric's clergy) retain their sanity and memory can be talked to, though you are still talking to a wolf. Most of the time Lycanthropcy is used by Ulric to show a pompous noble, or priest the error of their ways. I actually heard a story of a warrior priest of sigmar getting cursed (sigmar must have agreed that he deserved it) and the wolf inherited the man's education and made better use of the body than it's prior owner. He became one of the unsung heroes of the Empire. (strangely he stayed loyal to sigmar's church)

The Khorne ones on the other hand are the reason the inquisition kills them on sight honestly they play more like one of those chaos abominations but move faster and kill their own men. They are produced from murderers within the empire that Khorne singles out, you know the serial killers, the results are *shivers* not pleasant.

The Beastmen suffer morale penalties because they are made from goats, deer and other stuff wolves hunt. They retain the "Fight or Flight" response of their ancestors, and that primal fear hits them hard, so they cannot take the werewolf as a dog of war choice.  

Iron Wolf 85

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:51 am
Werewolves in Dogs of War?
Pfft, but they do have a werebear.

Me myself recently got my interest towards the Dogs of War army, for 2 reasons.

1: They're pretty vanilla when it comes to their basic troops, no army-wide special rules, super-neat magic items and such (much to my likingz).

2: They're epic! And they're tough to boot and quite a fun, interesting but also competative army, but also giving me many modelling opportunities, now all this makes them epic.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:06 pm
i want to create "giant" rat ogre to put in my Skaven army from the dogs of war rules, but can't convert anything that looks good. sad

Having the same problem with the Hell Pit Abomination.

Might just try and weld two hamsters together and see what it looks like?  

Tachikoma Fanclub

Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces