Introduce Yourself Here! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kendretti
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:25 pm
Go ahead and introduce yourself here. Say a few things about yourself, like what you like to do when you aren't running and go ahead and list a little bit about you and your running life.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:36 pm
Hi, My name's Alex, and I've been in the track buisness since I was about 8 years old when we had competitions at Mount SAC. community college. I still enjoy the track life now at 15 blaugh ! The only event I really like are sprints of any kind!  

TokyoNights

Friendly Vampire

kendretti
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:40 pm
I guess I should do a little intro here too!

My name is Kendra and I started cross country 3 seasons ago. In my region, everybody is really really fast and I'm near the end. Front of the end section, or end of the middle section. Depends on my day. However, when travelling to a different region for a meet this year, I found out that I was faster down there and got my first trophy!! biggrin I was so excited because it was the only time I was gonna earn something besides participation ribbons ("Finisher...always a winner!" lol) I never did get into track though. I play tennis in the spring season.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:42 pm
kendretti
I guess I should do a little intro here too!

My name is Kendra and I started cross country 3 seasons ago. In my region, everybody is really really fast and I'm near the end. Front of the end section, or end of the middle section. Depends on my day. However, when travelling to a different region for a meet this year, I found out that I was faster down there and got my first trophy!! biggrin I was so excited because it was the only time I was gonna earn something besides participation ribbons ("Finisher...always a winner!" lol) I never did get into track though. I play tennis in the spring season.

OMG, I play tennis in spring to! I've been playing everday since spring break started and...oh shouldn't be talking about a sport other then track sweatdrop  

TokyoNights

Friendly Vampire

kendretti
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:48 pm
TokyoNights

OMG, I play tennis in spring to! I've been playing everday since spring break started and...oh shouldn't be talking about a sport other then track sweatdrop

You're allowed to talk about anything here! If it were just about running, it would get too boring! And this is the get to know your fellow members thread, so anything goes! But that is really exciting! I haven't picked my racket up for the season yet! Our first match is monday after break but me and my friend have been too busy with the school play to go to tennis practice. The play is over now, so there won't be any further conflicts. We are hoping to get together for a practice on sunday though so we don't go into the match totally unprepared!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:50 pm
Hello all!!!

I'm Kate. I have been running for three years now! I run on Varsity at my school. Soooo great, but hard...lol. I love sprinting. 100's, 200's, 4x100's, and 4x200's. Umm...yeah..I like to Irish dance. I have been doing that for 6 years now. Well, I think that is me...uhh..yeah...lol  

emeraldisles

kendretti
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:56 pm
emeraldisles
Hello all!!!

I'm Kate. I have been running for three years now! I run on Varsity at my school. Soooo great, but hard...lol. I love sprinting. 100's, 200's, 4x100's, and 4x200's. Umm...yeah..I like to Irish dance. I have been doing that for 6 years now. Well, I think that is me...uhh..yeah...lol

Irish dancing! That's cool! My friend's friend does Irish dancing.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:57 pm
Hi! My name is Jeff and I have been Gaia about 3 month. I am 14 and this is my last year for junior high. I am doing track in the spring now!
I also like to play tennis and soccer heart .

User Image  

treestan

kendretti
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:02 pm
treestan
Hi! My name is Jeff and I have been Gaia about 3 month. I am 14 and this is my last year for junior high. I am doing track in the spring now!
I also like to play tennis and soccer heart .

User Image

Wow another tennis person! Maybe we should start a thread for runners/tennis players! haha  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:26 am
Hi, I'm Kasumi. I started running track when I was in Middle School. The 800m was my best even then. I dropped out of track in High School because I had major issues with my coach. I did keep running every afternoon though in my neighborhood (so I didn't ever give up on running). I ran off and on in college (usually when I had a roommate who'd run with me and keep me going out the door). It's so easy to get lazy in college. I'm married and in grad school now, and I run with my husband when I can, which isn't nearly as often as I'd like. We play tennis too, and adore DDR. smile  

KasumiAngel

3,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200

megafrost!!!!
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:39 am
hey^^ its finially up^^
im Ryan Frost

i run:
800 - 2:03(got sweatdrop awhile ago)
1600 - 4:40(got 3/29/05)
3200 - 10:12(got also 3/29/05)

and CC to^^
record for CC is 15:37 (done in 04)

ooh and can i get a stick for a distance thread?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:02 am
hello everyone, my name is Adrienne Rumley. this is my first CC and track seasons. for my first year i think i'm doing pretty good. my CC PR is 25:20.

i run the 400 and the 800 in track. My 400 time is only 1:20 right now sweatdrop i dont have an 800 time yet but i will tomorrow!  

blueberrysticker

Little Wing28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:59 am
kendretti
Go ahead and introduce yourself here. Say a few things about yourself, like what you like to do when you aren't running and go ahead and list a little bit about you and your running life.

My name is Natasha. i enjoy writing, listening to music, hanging out, and surfing the internet.

i run in college. my main event is the 800 but i also run the 4x4 and the 1500 sometimes. i enjoy roadracing but my coach is weird about the girls running any races other than in the summer and no longer than a 5k but i still do a few in the winter and run 8ks and 10ks.

my prs are

100 - 13s, ya i am more of 5k type.
200 - 28 i am soo not a sprinter
400 - i used to run 59s but now i run a consistant 63 everytime i run 4x4.
800 - used to be 2:18 but i run around the 2:25 range now. my fastest was 2:22 in indoor.
mile - high 5:20s
1500 - 5:07
3200 - havent run since high school. ran a 12:05 on the track at state and a 11:43 at conference, both when i was senior.
5k - 19:18 in high school, 19:30s-19:50s in college.
10k - 43:24

i want to move up to longer distances because i think in college, you start getting old and slow.
my coach wont let me run the 3k or the 5k in track and doesn't let me run the 1500 that much. which is totally different from my high school coach who always had me running the mile and 2 mile which i used to hate.
my best friends are Cindy, Rachel, Adeline, Adelaide, and Daniel who is also my boyfriend. some of them post on gaia online. (cindy's is marajadeskywalker, Daniel's is mad mak, and rachel's is ravenbird)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:15 am
i am jess, and i am a junior at a tiny high school in texas. i run the two hurdle events, plus i do a little high jumping (cuz are coaches think if oyu can hurdle, you can high jump). i've been to the regional track meet as a freshman in both events and then last year as a sophomore in the 100m hurdles...plan on going again this year! the summer after my freshman year i placed 17th in 100m hurdles and 9th in the 300m hurdles at the summer track state meet...i love to run, this is my only sport...(sorry if this sounds like bragging, it's not meant to be, i'm just proud of what i've done, and like i said,this is my only sport...) i also act.  

trackstar06

netsrik
Crew

Pure-hearted Vegetarian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:48 am
I'm so glad that this is up!

Anyway, my name is Kirsten, and i've been running for 4 years. I go to a school in New Jersey that is well know for it's distance running. I've run Cross Country all 4 years in high school, and my pr is 20:49. I also run winter track and Spring track. My coach has me all over the place for my events. I've pulled away from the distance and have become a hurdler/sprinter/jumper. I'm hoping this year to make it to Groups in more than 1 event this year (i've made it in triple jump for the past 2 years). I'm planning to keep running when i go to college. My first meet is this saterday and i'm gonna try steeple chase for the first time. sweatdrop Wish me luck!  
Gaian Runners Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff