Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Black Magick, what is it? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:26 am
No one person is more important than any other person, regardless of whether or not they're "valued" in our society (authors, painters, ext). And in most cases those kinds of people have had a longer life, whereas, if the 2500 people in the town were to die, a lot of young children could die, and they would have never had the chance to even try to be "valued" by our society.... it's the same thing with what I said about serial killers. So what if he could've found the cure for cancer. Maybe every person he killed had a purpose like that. I still say that losing one person with a great purpose over losing many people with a great purpose is better.

I'm not saying that killing him is necessarily good, because it's not. I know killing is bad, believe me. But you also have to think about the greater good of society.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:44 am
You've got a point there...

However, I don't believe we have the knowledge and wisdom to make that sort of a decision... But then again, if there really is no bigger entity that does, we have to do what we think is best...

I still think death sentence should be banned. Murder is murder. confused  

[Helmorana]

7,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:11 pm
I understand where you're coming from...

I've always been really iffy about the death penalty. Part of me is for it and part of me isn't, because I see the good in it (not necessarily "good", but I think you know what I mean) as well as the bad. And I can just as easily argue against it as I can for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:05 pm
TheCrazy_writer
I dont believe magick is black or white in the way you see it. To define magick in this way good or bad is a little annoying to me. I think its just as bad as the wizard of oz when glenda ask dorothy if she is a good witch or a bad witch. Everything in this world has its good and bad I dont believe things can be only good or only bad. The god and goddess can be viewed as polarities or even like ying and yang. And magick in general is neither good nor bad. It is simply a persons perspective of it that can see it as good or bad. I am not a wiccan but I have studied wicca and witchcraft and my statement however is just my opinion.

I agree, just like things are not just north and south, but a little in between too 3nodding  

swissfishwish1

[Helmorana]

7,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:03 pm
dark_angel_32189
I understand where you're coming from...

I've always been really iffy about the death penalty. Part of me is for it and part of me isn't, because I see the good in it (not necessarily "good", but I think you know what I mean) as well as the bad. And I can just as easily argue against it as I can for it.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The prevention of bad? In a way.

I used to be able to do that, I still see good points that the other side has, I just started valueing them in the sense of the lesser of two evils and chosing my own stand.

I can mostly argue pro and con on any given subject, even if I don't agree with the point of view. I knew that a long time ago, but I was recently re-taught by my philosophy teacher. She makes you see the other point of view.

This is a matter of picking the lesser of two evils, I suppose. I don't mind if the southerners kill eachother here (it's dangerous for a southernish guy to not walk around with some sort of weapon in some neighbourhoods...) but I that's from a person to a person. I don't think a government organ, such as the justice system, should have that power. I find that burreocratical mistakes are too common and that many people are free to walk away beacause the procedure wasn't "by the book" even though you can clearly see that they are guilty.

I think that if someone rapes your daughter, you're more than likely to (I know it sounds cruel) kill the right person, while the justice system is completely capable of letting him off the hook cause he was arrested wrong, or on some other banality. And there's another end of the extreme... there was a research made by a University (I forgot where, I can ask my psychology teacher, she told us about it) where they opened old crime files that ended with death penalty... and they found that in around half of the cases the men who were killed were innocent and black.

I'm not sure if this makes sense... but... yeah.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:37 pm
It makes perfect sense. When we were doing debates in my speech class last year, my group chose to do our debate on the death penalty and I was arguing against it. I remember using the whole "most of them were innocent" thing in my argument.  

dark_angel_32189

Violent Rain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:53 pm
Fallen Angel Kato Kitoma
Black Magick can harm people and/or it violates free will. Lets take a Love spell for example. If I have someones permission to perform a spell on them that will make them more open to love, then it is a white spell. However, if I cast a spell on someone that will instantly make them fall in love with me, then that is black. I did not actually harm them: however, since I am not the God nor am I the Goddess I should not be messing with free will. That's their job not mine, yours or anyone elses. Thank you and have a nice day.

(Made in memory of Change_of_Heart_13 who did not understand the difference...)

This is alittle off-topic, but did Change_of_Heart_13 die?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:57 pm
Unfortunately, the only person who knows the answer to that question left the guild... again.

I may be incorrect, but I believe that it was someone who use to be a member of this guild and posted something (a link or a spell) that contained black magic in it and Fallen angel kato kitoma (he use to be the owner of this guild) was very strict with that. He wouldn't allow it. And so if someone knowingly posted a link to a web site that contained black magic or if they knowingly posted a spell that contained black magick, then he banned them from the guild.

And like I've said before, there really is no such thing as white or black, good or evil, light or dark, magic.... it just depends on how the user is intending it to be used.  

dark_angel_32189

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:04 am
dark_angel_32189
I may be incorrect, but I believe that it was someone who use to be a member of this guild and posted something (a link or a spell) that contained black magic in it and Fallen angel kato kitoma (he use to be the owner of this guild) was very strict with that. He wouldn't allow it. And so if someone knowingly posted a link to a web site that contained black magic or if they knowingly posted a spell that contained black magick, then he banned them from the guild.
Just goes to show how Wiccans and Witches can be just as ignorant as Christians sometimes. It's silly to be banned for something like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:06 pm
Well, Jace was pretty tough. I think it had more to do with something that was personal to him... Like something that had happened to him involving "black" magic. I don't know. But, yeah, he's gone now.

The rest of us just don't want to incourage it in this guild, because that's not what this guild is about. But, we don't want to pretend like it doesn't exist... that's why this thread is still here, so that people can talk about it and whatnot.

And I'm not exactly sure if that person was even ever a member of this guild... I don't recognize that username.  

dark_angel_32189

Aurellion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:35 pm
Urishima Kazama
This is alittle off-topic, but did Change_of_Heart_13 die?

Hah. I highly doubt it - but, you never know... eek I think he was just banned from the guild.

Phoenixfire Lune Soleil
Just goes to show how Wiccans and Witches can be just as ignorant as Christians sometimes. It's silly to be banned for something like that.

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but Jace is actually catholic. wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:47 pm
It's true that Jace is Catholic now, but he was Wiccan at the time of that post.  

dark_angel_32189

Kato Kitoma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:19 pm
OK we're going to clear things up. I am STILL Wiccan, but I do also attend Catholic services in order to spread the knowledge that wiccan's are not these beings of pure evil that has been....for lack of a better word....brainwashed into the minds of catholics. And yes it was definitly a personal thing involving black magick that gets me upset when its posted. Basicly I was put under a mind control spell and well....I was forced to do some pretty bad things *shudders*. So anyways, Change_of_Heart_13 was a member of the guild and she was banned and changed her name.

Example:

I was helping my friend out with church skits about bible stuff. Well it was about helping people so I'm like "yeah I'll help it sounds like something that can be helpful." But then before we went on for our skit I heard the leader ask "What do you tell someone who doesn't believe in Jesus." And a little girl without hesitation said, (and I quote) "Tell them they are going to Hell." This is just the example of brainwashing.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:00 pm
Oh, okay! But, can you see where we might have gotten things mixed up? I thought you were saying that you were Catholic and still practiced Magic.

Thanks for clearing that up!

P.S. Great to have you back again!  

dark_angel_32189

Kato Kitoma

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:40 am
It's amazing to be back. And yes I can see where you could get mixed up hehe.  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff