Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Advice
My best friend loves me in a certain way.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandemasu

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:17 pm
Well then.
About a year ago my best friend admitted her feelings to me.
She's a girl, I'm a girl.
I'm not homophobic, I have friends who are homo-sexual.

It all started out. She IMs me and says she likes someone. She gives out a discription of the personality the person she likes has. After the 2nd one, I realized it was me, but went into denial. She contued to describe this person, then admitted, "The one I love is you."
I told her I didn't know how to react. That night I cried, and asked God, "What is this?" "What's going on?" I was extremely confused, and I knew I couldn't return her feelings.
She eventually started getting a little too close to me. So I found some excuses so I could get away frm her.
She eventualy became rather hateful and was depressed, she stopped hitting on me. But I knew I hurt her, and that made me feel extremely bad.

I love her, but only as a friend. I appologized to her for hurting her without meaning to. She accepted my appology and told me that I really did make her feel bad. Even when she started dating other guys, she would still tell me things like "I wonder what would happen if my boyfriend found out that I love you more then him?" or something similar to that.
She still loves me, last week she pointed out little things like "Oh, thats gonna be me and you" she said when point to a picture of a couple kissing. She would also lean on me and such and such.

I'm not comforable with the attention, but I really cant stand hurting her at all. It makes me cry when I hurt other people. I know what it's like to be rejected, and I really don't want her to feel thay way. But in the end, one person can only be happy if things go on.

I go with her family to church, but she really doesn't know if she truely believes in God.

I really don't know what to do.  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:06 pm
My suggestion. Tell her how you feel, if she is your friend she will understand. Tell her that you are not bi or lez or whatever she is. She should be able to understand that. You may think you are going to hurt her, but if you don't tell her how you feel now and then it carries on further, then you will probably hurt her even more. It is better to get it off your chest and tell her what you are feeling. That is the only way, otherwise she will still flirt with you and make those sort of comments that make you feel uncomfortable.  

Ace_Of_Swords

Guacamole-kun

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:37 pm
Yeah.. you don't like girls, right? So just explain as best you can, that you just don't have it in you to feel those emotions towards her. Some time she's gotta understand and accept that you can't make someone love you. And I'm sure she'll be happier once she accepts that. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:28 am
Well, maybe you can write an eMail or letter or just have a private talk. Tell her that you dont want to be bisexual, and that you just cant do it. But, explain that shes still your best friend. If she doesnt listen, maybe she shouldnt be your friend.  

marinazzle

Guacamole-kun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:03 pm
marinazzle
Tell her that you dont want to be bisexual...
I don't think it's really about weather she wants to be, I think it's more about weather she is, and if the case shows that she is, weather she feels like getting it on with her best friend, of all people. XD;  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:39 pm
The above posters have it right. Explain to your friend both your feelings towards her and that you just don't 'swing that way' to use the expression. Yeah, it's gonna suck for your friend. Heartbreaks always do. However, talking this situation over with her and getting the problem dealt with now will be nothing compared to how bad it'll hurt your friend if you let this continue without giving a resolute answer.

basically, yeah, it will suck if you do it now, but it will suck a bloody lot more if you wait.  

ioioouiouiouio

Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff