Yes
  No
View Results

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:17 pm
Sinner
Cometh The Inquisitor

Cometh The Inquisitor
Of course, this also assumes that God is omnipotent, which He is not. God can do all things, the difference, while subtle, is very important.

While I agree that there is a difference, I don't see how it applies to this question. Creating and lifting are both actions, after all.

Ah, but being able to 'do all things' means that one can do all things. Even if such things are paradoxical in nature.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:10 am
Cometh The Inquisitor
Sinner
Cometh The Inquisitor

Cometh The Inquisitor
Of course, this also assumes that God is omnipotent, which He is not. God can do all things, the difference, while subtle, is very important.

While I agree that there is a difference, I don't see how it applies to this question. Creating and lifting are both actions, after all.

Ah, but being able to 'do all things' means that one can do all things. Even if such things are paradoxical in nature.

exactly

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

zz1000zz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:49 pm
HonorBoundKnight
Unfortunately- no. Due to the fact that the entire subject is speculation, it's impossible to bring up solid evidence. So until God decides to /to see if He can create a rock that he can't lift, and decides to let us all in on the results, we're stuck with - Does it sound like it makes sense? Or no.

Actually, you are wrong. This question is the same as saying, "Can God make a square triangle?" While it does sound like a contradiction, the answer is no. The reason is not that there is some necessary limitation on his power, it is that we define square and triangle as two different things.

The phrase "square triangle" is meaningless. There is no way to answer the question posed, because the question itself has no meaning.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:35 pm
I believe that this subject will never lead us to the answer that we are looking for, but we will learn something even greater: God is beyond our understanding, and we must accept it. We are thinking that someone can't be capable of lifting/ not lifting a rock at the same time. Sure, we can't. God can. Why? . . . Why not? We are merely human beings trying to classify God to the same limitations of his creation known to us. We don't understand him, but if we did, he really wouldn't be God, would he?
It's like trying to think of a color, a new color, one that is not a shade or mix of any known color. They certainly exist, and it's been scientifically proven. We, as humans, cannot see them while some other animals can. Nonetheless, it's beyond our comprehension but not our knowledge of its existence.  

Elliot Reilly McMonty

TezzyDarling

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:36 pm
The answer to that qustion is-

1. "A very defenite maybe"
2. "Yes, very carefully"
3. "I can ask random questions too."

Le sigh, boredom.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:17 pm
Elliot Reilly McMonty
I believe that this subject will never lead us to the answer that we are looking for, but we will learn something even greater: God is beyond our understanding, and we must accept it. We are thinking that someone can't be capable of lifting/ not lifting a rock at the same time. Sure, we can't. God can. Why? . . . Why not? We are merely human beings trying to classify God to the same limitations of his creation known to us. We don't understand him, but if we did, he really wouldn't be God, would he?
It's like trying to think of a color, a new color, one that is not a shade or mix of any known color. They certainly exist, and it's been scientifically proven. We, as humans, cannot see them while some other animals can. Nonetheless, it's beyond our comprehension but not our knowledge of its existence.

Uh, no. Refer to my previous post for the correct answer.  

zz1000zz

Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces