Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaians of Florida

Back to Guilds

A place for Floridians to meet other Floridians! 

Tags: Florida 

Reply Gaians of Florida
Rules & News

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kiss in Digital
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:41 pm
Rules

: NO REPEAT THREADS
--> Remember, you don't get more gold starting a topic. You do, however, if you preview your post.

: NEW THREADS MUST BE RELEVANT TO FLORIDA
--> Threads concerning any musical artist must be about an upcoming concert and meetup.
--> The Not So Florida Forum allows for discussion of anything not specifically FL related.

: THIS IS NOT AN I HATE FLORIDA GUILD
--> Bitching is permitted and encouraged, but too much negativity will damage the guild.

: PLEASE DO NOT CREATE INTRODUCTION THREADS
--> With so many people joining, they'll take over the guild.
--> You CAN introduce yourself in a new thread but that must NOT be the focus of the thread.

: MEETUPS
--> I encourage everyone to run meetups or at least submit ideas for em. Please PLEASE PM me before setting up a meetup thread if you are inviting the whole guild [including even having a meetup in a certain region]. Obviously inviting someone you're chatting with or small group to go to lunch or the mall will not need approval.

: LOCATION THREADS
--> Right now I don't mind location specific [example: Who Lives in Tampa?] in the main forum but if a thread for the area already exists and is active, your new thread will most likely be moved or deleted. Try not to overrun the forum with em. If things get too crazy I WILL enforce the region specific forums.

: THIS IS NOT A PERSONALS GUILD
--> I'm all about making new friends and meeting up and whatnot. If romance develops from that, fantastic. However. This does not mean you may post ads looking for bf/gf/snugglebuddy/wtfever. We're here for friends and that's all. All threads deamed as a personal ad from here on out will be deleted without warning.

: DO NOT NECRO THREADS
--> Do not post in threads that have gone a good, long while without any activity. For example, posts that are on the second page of the guild and beyond. If it has been dead for a while, let it stay that way. It's probably for a good reason.

[ heart ]

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:43 pm
News

Keep up to date with new things in the guild.

April 20 2010

Guild changed to private to ensure no outsiders can come in and abuse (they can't be banned if they're not part of the guild, yes?).

November 14 2007

I've decided to step down from the Captain's chair for awhile. Some rl responsibilities as well as just plain burn out has led to this decision. In the meantime, I thought it best to give Hiei the helm as she has seriously done so much for this guild. It would not be what it is today without her.

August 13 2007

Whilst I wasn't looking, we topped 1000 members! Holy bananas!

July 2 2007

I'm not sure exactly when it happened this weekend, but for my birthday, you all gave me an AMAZING present! We are now the LARGEST state guild in existance in both posts and membership!

I do believe this calls for another guild event!!

June 28 2007

We are now TIED with Washington for member count! Just one more and we will be the BIGGEST state guild!!!

April 6 2007

I know this is short notice but the weekend of April 13-15 is the only time this seems to work with everyone's schedules.

SO WE'RE GONNA PARTY ALL WEEKEND LONG!!!

Bust out those formal dresses and nice suits and let's celebrate what this guild has become! Hiei and Abba have been sweet enough to offer art for prizes and I'll have a few small things along with a Thank You Letter or two for raffle prizes!

Tell your friends and spread the word! Note: This will be a members only event. The guild WILL be private during the duration, meaning non-members will not be able to post or even read the event until it's over. But you know we let ANYONE join, so encourage them to join NOW!!

April 4 2007

HOSHIT!! We've been an Official guild for TWO YEARS!! Unfortunately, I don't have the exact date on which Oh em jyu opened the guild, but it was this month in 2005!

Also unfortunately, it seems that Jyu has moved on from Gaia. But look at how we have grown. Just about a week ago, we overtook the Texas guild in our member count, and we have almost twice the post count as the Washington state guild! We're kicking a** and becoming THE BEST STATE GUILD IN EXISTANCE!!

March 24 2OO7

HELP PROMOTE THE GUILD!! Ad / Recruiting Thread!!

March 20 2007

Chibi Hiei! At the Disco got guild post number 25,OOO!!!!

Are we the most active state guild OR WHAT!??!?! xDD

January 30 2007

We've decided to dissolve our sister guild, Gaians at Florida Conventions, and absorbed almost all convention meetups into the guild. There will be a new MetroCon guild in place of the old guild - if you are interested in joining, please contact Chief-Chan [I'll have links momentarily].

We have opened a new subforum dedicated entirely to conventions. If you wish to promote a new convention not listed or featured, please contact me as suggested in the conventions list thread.

Enjoy!!

December 26 2006

Chibi Hiei! at the Disco is appointed our newest moderator, in charge of Public Relations.

August 18 2006

CrazyRob is appointed our newest moderator, in charge of upkeep of the lists of Gaian locations.

July 10 2006

Created the "Not so Florida Forum" which is, essentially, spam. Discuss anything and everything that doesn't specifically relate to Florida here.

May 2 2006

Wow. Since the UserAd went live in the evening on Thursday, at least 55 new members have joined the guild. Excellent return on that investment I'd say.

arrow Considering bringing on a new moderator. DO NOT PM ME ABOUT BEING A MOD. If you want the job, act like it. Be visible in the guild - show interest AND INITIATIVE. I'm looking for someone energetic and enthusiastic, and also mature enough to judge situations that may arise. DO PM me if you think someone is breaking guild rules or causing a problem - but include how you would deal with the situation as a mod.

exclaim exclaim I AM definitely looking for some guild helpers. You will not have crew powers [yet] but you will have responsibilities - for help in the subforums. Again, I'm looking for energetic and enthusiastic people with a noticable presence in the guild. PM me to apply, but do not pester. I will not make any decisions for at least three weeks.

arrow Closed the old Welcome and Rules thread. Felt it was time to do a little updating to keep the guild fresh. I miss our previous captain [and guild creator], Oh Em Jyu, but with the lack of visible presence in many months, it was time for a shift. People post more when the moderation seems interested.

April 27 2006

Bought UserAD for guild.

Kiss in Digital
Vice Captain

Kiss in Digital
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:57 am
Banners:

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:34 pm
Affiliates:

User Image

Hiei Cake
Captain

6,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
Gaians of Florida

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff